Head of Engineering | Senior iOS Engineer2018 - 2019Caterpillar
Technologies: Swift, iOS, Android, Java, PostgreSQL, REST, OAuth
- Managed a small-but-highly-effective engineering team that was able to change how a Fortune 50 company creates and maintains its software.
- Created the core fleet application that became the Cat app: Caterpillar's central flagship mobile application.
- Effectively mentored several team members from being on the verge of termination to being senior, reliable, engineers who now help to drive the team's vision and mentor others.
- Oversaw the transformation of the team's strategic roadmap into actionable sprint plans while meeting the ever-changing requirements of the company's product owners and stakeholders.
Mobile Lead | Senior iOS Engineer2017 - 2018YardClub (was acquired by Caterpillar)
Technologies: Swift, Obj-C, iOS, PostgreSQL, REST, OAuth
- Designed and developed, in half the time allotted, a fleet application that allowed users to manage their fleet of heavy equipment, view high-level analytics, and get notified regarding any potential fleet issues.
- Maintained and upgraded the company's aging rental application: an app with Airbnb-like listings for heavy construction equipment.
- Integrated four generations of codebases, including that of two foreign contractors—resulting in a clean, maintainable codebase.
Co-founder | Lead Engineer2013 - 2016GroupTing
Technologies: Grails, Angular, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Co-led a small team to design and implement a web-based, group coordination application that utilizes a PostgreSQL database supporting a Grails-based server with an AngularJS-based client.
- Managed a remote quality assurance team to provide detailed testing results in time with a rapid development and deployment schedule.
- Worked in coordination with the marketing team to provide an agile-based user-feedback—a development cycle that resulted in an efficient and responsive product development strategy that was in line with users’ needs.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2015Ipsy
Technologies: Android, Java, iOS, Objective-C, Grails, Angular, GSP
- Designed and developed Ipsy’s iOS mobile application, that services thousands of users and receiving an overall five-star rating (a link to the app can be found in my Experience section).
- Created a novel interface allowing the mobile and web applications to seamlessly communicate.
- Assisted with mentoring junior engineers by teaching them proper engineering techniques and assimilating them into Ipsy's culture.
Development Engineer2006 - 2011Applied Signal Technology
Technologies: C++, Qt, CORBA
- Designed, implemented, and maintained a Qt-based graphics library that allowed the user to view and manipulate numerous STM- 256 signals down to the sub-VGC level in real-time.
- Developed and maintained a multithreaded C++ client/server application for signal analysis to continually meet the customer’s evolving requirements. Communication between the client and the server was done via CORBA.
- Manipulated SDH and PDH signal structures to perform various operations on the information in the data streams.
- Conducted design and code reviews for all team members in an effort to both improve the product as well as guide junior members of the team.