Full-stack Web Developer2016 - 2016Anonymous Ad Network (via Toptal)
- Worked for a Toptal client to implement an advertising platform on top of Webpush API for Chrome and Firefox.
- Deployed to S3 Bucket backed by Cloudflare CDN.
- Built the API in idiomatic Go, collecting and pushing to AWS Kinesis.
- Built the webpush API client as an AWS Lambda function in Node.js and reported delivery statuses via Amazon SQS back to the dashboard using a Go worker via Redis.
- Created the shard generator and scheduler in Go pushing to AWS Kinesis Firehose. Where competitors took almost fifty minutes to delivery, 400k notifications in this platform only took six minutes.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2016MobilityLabs
Technologies: Bootstrap, Jasmine, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Contributed to a PDRedesign open-source project with new APIs to support new professional development tooling.
- Implemented new visual tools using Angular and Bootstrap Sass and completed missing integration tests with Jasmine in other legacy areas of the app.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015Ride.com
Technologies: iOS, Android, Java, Go, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Objective-C
- Developed a streaming analytics service with RabbitMQ, Golang, InfluxDB, and Grafana and delivered client libraries for the rest of the teams in the form of private Ruby Gem, NPM package, and Cocoapods.
- Worked with the iOS team to deliver critical milestones for geolocation, push notifications, Stripe integration. Built in Objective-C using BDD with XCT, KIF, and Kiwi.
- Worked with the Android team to revamp the Android app with roboelectric testing.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2014Greasebook (via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, .NET
- Enhanced WCF JSON services with VS tests, took their sync times from 45 minutes to only a few minutes with differential syncing.
- Refactored lots of the Objective-C code powering the iPad app to support differential syncing and offload the main UI thread from expensive CoreData and Network calls, spin locks and CPU-bound processing tasks to the background.
Co-Founder2010 - 2014Heapsource
Technologies: Cloud Foundry, Node.js, Apple Push Notifications, Google C2DM, MongoDB, Ruby on Rails (RoR), JSON, Android, iOS
- Maintained iOS and Android applications for clients.
- Designed and developed JSONScript, a DSL programming language .
- Implemented geo-location for a merchant and deals platform in iOS, Android and web using Ruby-on-Rails and MongoDB.
- Implemented cross-platform mobile notifications with C2DM and Apple push notifications.
- Developed Fire.js, a JSONScript based framework for development of Node.js applications using JSON blocks.
- Developed Fire IDE, an integrated development environment for development of Fire.js applications with visual JSON editor and Cloudfoundry deployment capabilities.
- Developed and published FireIcons, an iconfinder.com Android client.
- Developed and published Jitsu Control, an Android client for NodeJitsu hosting platform.
Technical Lead2012 - 2013GamyGame
Technologies: MongoDB, Node.js, iOS, Go, Android, Java, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Continued development of a gamification platform in Node.js with MongoDB and S3.
- Recreated the gamification platform with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Go.
- Developed an iOS SDK to include in third-party applications.
- Developed an Android SDK to include in third-party applications.
- Led a team of 4 developers and 1 designer from MVP to release.
Co-Founder2011 - 2012Orderfly.me
Technologies: WebSockets, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), XML Web Services, COM+, Redis, Node.js, Android
- Developed an Android application to place remote orders in POS systems.
- Developed a client application in WPF and COM+ to communicate with the POS system.
- Built a web service in Node.js and Redis to securely transfer orders via encrypted web socket channel.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2011GoTown
Technologies: Android, iOS, MySQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Developed and maintained a web application in Ruby on Rails.
- Developed a REST API in Ruby on Rails.
- Refactored and maintained the Android application.
- Developed and maintained the iOS application.
- Developed a geolocated catalog of Items with MongoDB and geolocation.
Software Developer2010 - 2010Koombea
Technologies: Agile, MySQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Developed and maintained a Ruby-on-Rails/MySQL web application using Agile methodologies for clients.
Software Architect2008 - 2008Compusoft
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Communication Framework (WCF)
- Designed and implemented a restaurant point-of-sale touch application using Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation, and SQL Server 2005.
Software Developer2007 - 2008Veliosoft
Technologies: Oracle Forms, Symphony, PHP
- Developed and maintained a PHP Symphony front-end website for a financial application developed in Oracle Forms 9i.
Senior Developer2007 - 2007A.T.N
Technologies: Infor CRM, C#, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Designed and developed a desktop .NET app integrated with Infor CRM via COM hooks.
Senior IT Trainer2005 - 2007Lourtec
Technologies: Remoting, XML Web Services, Visual Basic, C#, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), ASP.NET, .NET, Microsoft SQL Server
- Trained colleagues in the following courses: SQL Server 2000 Database Management, .NET Framework 1.1 Architecture, .NET Windows Forms, OOP Programming, Visual C# Programming Language, Visual Basic 7 Programming Language, ASP.NET Web Application Development, and Distributed Application Development with XML Web Services and .NET Remoting.
Senior Developer2006 - 2006GCM
Technologies: Windows Forms (WinForms), Windows Server 2003, XML, ASP.NET, Microsoft Enterprise Library, Visual Studio, C#.NET, .NET
- Developed an N-Tier distributed application for an online lotto, gaming, and payment platform in .NET Framework 2.0 using Visual C#, Visual Studio 2005, Enterprise Library 2.0, ASP.NET XML Web Services, and Windows 2003 Server Message Queue.
- Developed a desktop application in WinForms as an automation tool for dynamic testing of WSDL based XML Web Services.
Software Developer2006 - 2006Avlis
Technologies: SAP NetWeaver, Web Services, C#, C++, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Mono XSP, Debian, ASP.NET, Windows
- Migrated a website from Windows/ASP.NET 2.0 to Debian/Mono XSP 1.9.
- Developed and maintained a middleware to transform data between a MySQL database and a PostgreSQL database using C++ and libpq.
- Developed a front-end website using C# and Mono framework to consume FI web services from SAP NetWeaver.
Senior Developer2005 - 2006BMT
Technologies: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PHP, Apache2, Ajax, Adobe Flash, XML Web Services, .NET
- Integrated Flash based web sites and presentations with .NET XML Web Services using Flash Remoting components.
- Implemented and deployed an Ajax/Polling notification system using Apache2 for a B2B Web App written in PHP.
- Migrated and normalized SQL Server 2000, PostgreSQL 8.1, and MySQL 4.0 databases.
Senior Developer2004 - 2005Seguros Caracas de Liberty Mutual
Technologies: Visual Studio .NET, COM+, ASP.NET, IIS 6
- Designed and implemented an automatic deployment tool for IIS 6.0.
- Developed ASP.NET web controls and components.
- Developed COM+ helper extension for Visual Studio .NET.
- Developed an extranet web portal for company partners and resellers using ASP.NET 1.1.
- Led the migration of .NET based web and desktop applications from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0.
Senior Developer2001 - 2002Conasir
Technologies: Visual Basic, COM+, .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Windows Forms (WinForms)
- Developed WinForms components and controls using Visual C# .NET and Visual Studio 2002 for rapid data access with Microsoft Access and SQL Server 2000.
- Created databases for an electronic medical record desktop application.
- Implemented .NET Remoting hooks and COM+ components in an electronic medical records application to make it interoperable with legacy Visual Basic applications and scripts.