- Full-stack Web Developer2016 - 2016Anonymous Ad Network (via Toptal)
- Worked for a Toptal client to implement an advertising platform on top of Webpush API for Chrome and Firefox.
- Deployed to S3 Bucket backed by Cloudflare CDN.
- Built the API in idiomatic Go, collecting and pushing to AWS Kinesis.
- Built the webpush API client as an AWS Lambda function in Node.js and reported delivery statuses via Amazon SQS back to the dashboard using a Go worker via Redis.
- Created the shard generator and scheduler in Go pushing to AWS Kinesis Firehose. Where competitors took almost fifty minutes to delivery, 400k notifications in this platform only took six minutes.
- Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2016MobilityLabs
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Jasmine, Bootstrap
- Contributed to a PDRedesign open-source project with new APIs to support new professional development tooling.
- Implemented new visual tools using Angular and Bootstrap Sass and completed missing integration tests with Jasmine in other legacy areas of the app.
- Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015Ride.com
Technologies: Objective-C, Ruby on Rails, Golang, Java, Android, iOS
- Developed a streaming analytics service with RabbitMQ, Golang, InfluxDB, and Grafana and delivered client libraries for the rest of the teams in the form of private Ruby Gem, NPM package, and Cocoapods.
- Worked with the iOS team to deliver critical milestones for geolocation, push notifications, Stripe integration. Built in Objective-C using BDD with XCT, KIF, and Kiwi.
- Worked with the Android team to revamp the Android app with roboelectric testing.
- Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2014Greasebook (via Toptal)
Technologies: .NET WCF, Objective-C and iOS
- Enhanced WCF JSON services with VS tests, took their sync times from 45 minutes to only a few minutes with differential syncing.
- Refactored lots of the Objective-C code powering the iPad app to support differential syncing and offload the main UI thread from expensive CoreData and Network calls, spin locks and CPU-bound processing tasks to the background.
- Co-Founder2010 - 2014Heapsource
Technologies: iOS, Android, JSON, Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, C2DM, Apple Push Notifications, Node.js, Cloudfoundry
- Maintained iOS and Android applications for clients.
- Designed and developed JSONScript, a DSL programming language .
- Implemented geo-location for a merchant and deals platform in iOS, Android and web using Ruby-on-Rails and MongoDB.
- Implemented cross-platform mobile notifications with C2DM and Apple push notifications.
- Developed Fire.js, a JSONScript based framework for development of Node.js applications using JSON blocks.
- Developed Fire IDE, an integrated development environment for development of Fire.js applications with visual JSON editor and Cloudfoundry deployment capabilities.
- Developed and published FireIcons, an iconfinder.com Android client.
- Developed and published Jitsu Control, an Android client for NodeJitsu hosting platform.
- Technical Lead2012 - 2013GamyGame
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Java, Android, Go, iOS, Node.js and MongoDB
- Continued development of a gamification platform in Node.js with MongoDB and S3.
- Recreated the gamification platform with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Go.
- Developed an iOS SDK to include in third-party applications.
- Developed an Android SDK to include in third-party applications.
- Led a team of 4 developers and 1 designer from MVP to release.
- Co-Founder2011 - 2012Orderfly.me
Technologies: Android, Node.js, Redis, COM+, XML Web Services, WPF, Web Sockets
- Developed an Android application to place remote orders in POS systems.
- Developed a client application in WPF and COM+ to communicate with the POS system.
- Built a web service in Node.js and Redis to securely transfer orders via encrypted web socket channel.
- Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2011GoTown
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, iOS and Android
- Developed and maintained a web application in Ruby on Rails.
- Developed a REST API in Ruby on Rails.
- Refactored and maintained the Android application.
- Developed and maintained the iOS application.
- Developed a geolocated catalog of Items with MongoDB and geolocation.
- Software Developer2010 - 2010Koombea
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL and Agile
- Developed and maintained a Ruby-on-Rails/MySQL web application using Agile methodologies for clients.
- Software Architect2008 - 2008Compusoft
Technologies: Windows Communication Foundation, SQL Server
- Designed and implemented a restaurant point-of-sale touch application using Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation, and SQL Server 2005.
- Software Developer2007 - 2008Veliosoft
Technologies: PHP, Symphony, Oracle Forms 9i
- Developed and maintained a PHP Symphony front-end website for a financial application developed in Oracle Forms 9i.
- Senior Developer2007 - 2007A.T.N
Technologies: WPF, C#, SalesLogix CRM
- Designed and developed a desktop .NET app integrated with Infor CRM via COM hooks.
- Senior IT Trainer2005 - 2007Lourtec
Technologies: SQL Server, .NET, ASP.NET, OOP, Visual C# , Visual Basic 7, XML Web Services, .NET Remoting
- Trained colleagues in the following courses: SQL Server 2000 Database Management, .NET Framework 1.1 Architecture, .NET Windows Forms, OOP Programming, Visual C# Programming Language, Visual Basic 7 Programming Language, ASP.NET Web Application Development, and Distributed Application Development with XML Web Services and .NET Remoting.
- Senior Developer2006 - 2006GCM
Technologies: .NET, Visual C#, Visual Studio 2005, Enterprise Library 2.0, ASP.NET XML, Windows 2003 Server Message Queue, WinForms, WDSL
- Developed an N-Tier distributed application for an online lotto, gaming, and payment platform in .NET Framework 2.0 using Visual C#, Visual Studio 2005, Enterprise Library 2.0, ASP.NET XML Web Services, and Windows 2003 Server Message Queue.
- Developed a desktop application in WinForms as an automation tool for dynamic testing of WSDL based XML Web Services.
- Software Developer2006 - 2006Avlis
Technologies: Windows, ASP.NET, Debian, Mono XSP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, C++, Libpq, C#, FI Web Services, SAP NetWeaver
- Migrated a website from Windows/ASP.NET 2.0 to Debian/Mono XSP 1.9.
- Developed and maintained a middleware to transform data between a MySQL database and a PostgreSQL database using C++ and libpq.
- Developed a front-end website using C# and Mono framework to consume FI web services from SAP NetWeaver.
- Senior Developer2005 - 2006BMT
Technologies: .NET XML Web Services, Flash Remoting, Ajax/Polling, Apache2, PHP, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Integrated Flash based web sites and presentations with .NET XML Web Services using Flash Remoting components.
- Implemented and deployed an Ajax/Polling notification system using Apache2 for a B2B Web App written in PHP.
- Migrated and normalized SQL Server 2000, PostgreSQL 8.1, and MySQL 4.0 databases.
- Senior Developer2004 - 2005Seguros Caracas de Liberty Mutual
Technologies: IIS 6.0, ASP.NET, COM+, Visual Studio .NET
- Designed and implemented an automatic deployment tool for IIS 6.0.
- Developed ASP.NET web controls and components.
- Developed COM+ helper extension for Visual Studio .NET.
- Developed an extranet web portal for company partners and resellers using ASP.NET 1.1.
- Led the migration of .NET based web and desktop applications from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0.
- Senior Developer2001 - 2002Conasir
Technologies: WinForms, Microsoft Access, SQL Server, .NET, COM+, Visual Basic
- Developed WinForms components and controls using Visual C# .NET and Visual Studio 2002 for rapid data access with Microsoft Access and SQL Server 2000.
- Created databases for an electronic medical record desktop application.
- Implemented .NET Remoting hooks and COM+ components in an electronic medical records application to make it interoperable with legacy Visual Basic applications and scripts.