Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Engineer and Developer
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), GitHub
The most amazing...
...code I've written was to solve a complicated linking problem on my own for which no answer was available through Google.
Chief Technology Officer
- Worked as a part of the senior leadership team to transform a tech-enabled company into a tech-driven company.
- Advocated for data consistency and data-driven decision-making.
- Initiated, planned, and tracked the development of the Android port of the flagship iOS app.
Head of Engineering
- Decreased cycle time by 40% by transforming the approach from "work for squads" into building "squads around work."
- Built, maintained, and guided the engineering vision for the next three years.
- Transitioned from a hybrid working environment into a remote-first culture.
- Introduced, managed, and mentored engineering managers within the digital department.
Front-end Technical Lead
- Built a collaborative engineering culture by empowering autonomous teams and advocating for bottom-up approaches.
- Grew the front-end engineering team from 6 to 17 developers within six months.
- Enabled the transformation from disciple-based teams into cross-functional squads.
- Empowered the transformation of moving to TypeScript and React Hooks.
- Played an integral part in adopting a design system for all front-end web concerns across the company.
- Provided a framework and process to empower developers to suggest technical improvements and tech health items.
Principal Developer and Team Lead
- Co-organized internal Innovation Days to experiment with new ideas and approaches for the front-end platform.
- Streamlined repeatable and reliable hiring and onboarding processes, coordinating with internal recruiters and involving and upskilling developers.
- Advocated and introduced microfrontends across multiple teams as a means to de-couple development, technology choices, and releases.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Drove the technical delivery of two greenfield projects with two different offshore teams.
- Led the refactoring of the legacy build system to a modern alternative.
- Introduced technical talks, bringing multiple teams together to share ideas and new patterns.
- Built out the deltaDNA analytics React Native module as an open-source.
- Set up a continuous integration environment with work-in-progress automatically published internally to stakeholders and shareholders.
- Sped up the process from wireframe to implementation and improved the collaboration between designers and developers by introducing Sketch and Zeplin workflows.
- Built out continuous integration with CircleCI and created easy-to-use build and deployment processes to integrate with Amazon EC2.
- Migrated the back-end CoffeeScript codebase to ECMAScript 2015+.
- Discovered and experimented with effective ways of communication between on-site and remote employees.
User Experience Developer
Geniux Consulting GmbH
- Developed small-scale products for several clients.
- Focused on applications that run on mobile devices or have a touch component.
- Oversaw DevOps tasks, such as continuous integration with Jenkins and creating easy-to-use build and deployment processes.
- Handled and provided most of the front and back end as the lead software architect.
- Empowered other team members to contribute toward the open-source software we were using by creating processes and best practices for contributing to GitHub.
Mobile Game Developer
- Created the initial iOS version using the Sparrow framework.
- Implemented and adopted a cross-platform web version to simplify development across multiple platforms.
- Set up analytics to capture core gameplay metrics.
Acomba UG (Self-employed)
- Created an initial prototype of their flagship product for iOS platforms using Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
- Provided documentation and best practices for turning the prototype into a published app.
- Provided installers for different platforms to simplify the installation with the flagship macOS product.
Sparrow iOS Game Framework Beginner's Guidehttps://www.packtpub.com/product/sparrow-ios-game-framework-beginners-guide/9781782161509
The book, Sparrow iOS Game Framework Beginner's Guide, aims to teach a complete overview of how to develop a mobile game for iOS using Objective-C and Sparrow. Instead of teaching concepts separately, this book takes a methodical approach, taking readers through the development of an entire game using Sparrow's powerful framework.
Irrlicht 1.7 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide
The book, Irrlicht 1.7 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide, teaches how to master all that is required to create 2D and 3D applications using Irrlicht, from installation to deployment. It is a step-by-step guide to Irrlicht that starts at an easy level for beginners. It then gradually works to more advanced topics through clear code examples and demos illustrating theoretical concepts.
Starting with installation, the book guides readers through creating a basic template application, followed by meshes, overlays, and UI. Readers will then scan through data types, nodes, scenes, cameras, lights, and particle systems. Finally, readers will learn about some advanced concepts, such as handling data, files, and shaders, followed by the last stage: deployment.
React Amsterdam: React for Game Developmenthttp://youtu.be/JaK-RrYPPRk
The Duel: React Native vs. Cordova
React.js Best Practices and Tips by Toptal Developers
React Native, Next.js, Bootstrap, Express.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Redux, Flux, MUI (formerly Material UI), Koa, Hapi.js, Unity3D, NestJS
React, Node.js, jQuery, REST APIs, jQuery UI, Dropbox API
GitHub, Webpack, WebStorm, Figma, Git, Flow, Sketch, Zeplin, Jira, GitLab, Jenkins
Mobile Development, Agile Software Development, REST, Scrum, Kanban, UI Design
Technical Leadership, Team Leadership, Front-end, Engineering Management, Full-stack, App Store, Third-party APIs, Styled-components, Budget Management, Metabase, CTO, Leadership, Architecture, APIs
iOS, Meteor, Android, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Mobile
CouchDB, Amazon DynamoDB