Python Developer in New Orleans, LA, United States
Author | Maintainer2012 - PRESENTVarious OSS Projects
Technologies: Python, Clojure, React.js, NumPy, SciPy
- Authored and led an open-source project (Endophile).
- Found a compiler bug within a ClojureScript project.
- Contributed to Pandas.
- Extended a parser for PigPen (Netflix).
- Contributed to education technology specifically the edX platform.
Senior Engineer2011 - PRESENTSelf-employed
- Created a sophisticated data analysis interface for qualitative research professionals.
- Delivered a tailored workflow tool for pharmacists.
- Rejuvenated and improved a legacy Java accounting package.
- Added complex user interactions to a media publisher website.
- Collaborated with many businesses to add value to their processes and products.
Senior Engineer2015 - 2017Lucid Holdings, LLC
- Implemented applications and their infrastructures on AWS.
- Wrote APIs and data warehousing applications for web impression data and survey responses.
- Cooperated with BI and data science professionals to manage multi-terabyte scale data.
- Led the design and implementation of microservices.
- Integrated new features with legacy applications and databases.
- Created APIs that improved the effectiveness of other developers.
- Led the adoption of new technologies and educated other engineers on their use.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015Rally Software
- Acted as the data processor and Hadoop/Linux specialist on a small, cross-functional team.
- Collected, processed, and visualized several gigabytes per day of web usage data and server logs.
- Wrote code in a variety of programming languages.
- Automated tests and deployments.
- Configured and responded to alerts.
- Assisting other teams with data processing needs.
- Practiced agile development processes in a tightly organized and disciplined manner.
CTO2012 - 2014Anabolic Technology
- Partnered with a domain expert to design and sell an information product in the fitness space.
- Designed a service-oriented architecture with several machines, codebases, and APIs.
- Pivoted to a consulting firm—building applications for a variety of clients.
- Sold my stake in the company to a partner.
Software Developer2012 - 2012Counsyl
Technologies: NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, CoffeeScript, D3.js
- Gathered business requirements and implemented features for statistical process control.
- Orchestrated integration projects to speed up the turnaround time for patient tests.
- Optimized SQL queries to increase the efficiency of other employees.
- Developed web application features to improve the workflow of lab employees.
- Created complex visual reports and collaborated on an internal charting library using D3.js.
Software Developer2011 - 2012iSeatz
- Worked with project managers and other developers to add features in the iSeatz' web application.
Bioinformatics Programmer2011 - 2012University of New Orleans
- Maintained a statistics and visualization tool for microbial ecology.
- Communicated with users to assess the needs and to determine the direction of the project.
- Managed the operations of a web application.
- Led the selection and adoption of a bug-tracking system.
- Flux Pivots (Development)https://i.imgur.com/bug5IeA.png
I created a sophisticated data analysis interface for qualitative research professionals; it also consisted of a Python API back-end with a React.js SPA front-end.
- Teley-Scan (Development)
Teley-Scan is an internal tool for nurses and pharmacists to share information about patient prescriptions. It is written in Ruby on Rails and it dramatically improves the workflow of these busy professionals.
- batteryPOP Tournament (Development)
I added a feature to the batteryPOP website so that videos would be matched against each other once per week and the video which received more likes would advance in a bracket-style tournament. This project involved full-stack development on a ruby on rails application including backend code, AJAX interactions, and visual design.
- AI User Acquisition (Development)
I collaborated with a scientist to connect a multi-armed bandit statistical optimization package with the AdWords API to control advertising spending and acquire users efficiently.
FrameworksAWS EMR, Django, Hadoop, Spark, ClojureScript
Libraries/APIsReact, Pandas, Matplotlib, SciPy, NumPy
ToolsApache Airflow, Emacs, Chef, Logstash, logstash-forwarder, Vagrant, Nginx, Ansible
ParadigmsAgile, Functional Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
PlatformsAWS EC2, Linux, Docker, Apache Pig
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra
OtherGrafana 2, Graphite, StatsD
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics2009 - 2012University of New Orleans - New Orleans, LA, USA
- James W. Ellis Mathematics Award in Mathematics2011 - 2011University of New Orleans - New Orleans, LA, USA