Verified Expert in Engineering
Jonathan is an experienced full-stack engineer specializing in web development, DevOps, and data warehouses. He's fully capable of implementing solutions from scratch or developing within an existing codebase. Jonathan works with his clients to deliver clean, testable code that meets their business needs.
Git, Emacs, Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a serializer/deserializer for Avro data that enabled other developers to process big data with MapReduce programs in Clojure.
- Created chattysun.com, a SaaS product offering AI sales and service agents.
- Delivered a tailored workflow tool for pharmacists.
- Created a sophisticated data analysis interface for qualitative research professionals.
- Added complex user interactions to a media publisher website.
- Collaborated with many businesses to add value to their processes and products.
Author | Maintainer
Various OSS Projects
- Authored and led an open-source project (Endophile).
- Found a compiler bug within a ClojureScript project.
- Contributed to Pandas.
- Extended a parser for PigPen (Netflix).
- Contributed to education technology specifically the edX platform.
Stealth Health Company
- Accelerated full-stack development in TypeScript and Python/Django. Arrived on an existing project and brought in a new level of full-stack connection between siloed components.
- Collaborated with other engineers and professionals inside the company.
- Became productive quickly on a custom, dynamic, rapidly evolving web development stack.
- Educated other engineers on functional programming techniques and React.
- Quickly became productive within an entirely custom, in-house web development stack.
- Measured conversion rates to verify the value of features delivered.
Senior Software Engineer
- Educated other engineers on software engineering best practices.
- Branched into DevOps and AWS work when needed to advance objectives.
- Distributed systems built with Clojure on top of AWS, Kubernetes, Postgres, SNS/SQS, and React, interfacing with Encompass.
- Wrote cloud formation and played a pivotal role in establishing another instance of our software on the customer's cloud.
- Delivered high-quality features for power users handling complex data on the front end and back end.
Lucid Holdings, LLC
- Implemented applications and their infrastructures on AWS.
- Wrote APIs and data warehousing applications for web impression data and survey responses.
- Cooperated with BI and data science professionals to manage multi-terabyte scale data.
- Led the design and implementation of microservices.
- Integrated new features with legacy applications and databases.
- Created APIs that improved the effectiveness of other developers.
- Led the adoption of new technologies and educated other engineers on their use.
- Acted as the data processor and Hadoop/Linux specialist on a small, cross-functional team.
- Collected, processed, and visualized several gigabytes per day of web usage data and server logs.
- Wrote code in a variety of programming languages.
- Automated tests and deployments.
- Configured and responded to alerts.
- Assisting other teams with data processing needs.
- Practiced agile development processes in a tightly organized and disciplined manner.
- Partnered with a domain expert to design and sell an information product in the fitness space.
- Designed a service-oriented architecture with several machines, codebases, and APIs.
- Pivoted to a consulting firm—building applications for a variety of clients.
- Sold my stake in the company to a partner.
- Gathered business requirements and implemented features for statistical process control.
- Orchestrated integration projects to speed up the turnaround time for patient tests.
- Optimized SQL queries to increase the efficiency of other employees.
- Developed web application features to improve the workflow of lab employees.
- Created complex visual reports and collaborated on an internal charting library using D3.js.
- Worked with project managers and other developers to add features in the iSeatz' web application.
University of New Orleans
- Maintained a statistics and visualization tool for microbial ecology.
- Communicated with users to assess the needs and to determine the direction of the project.
- Managed the operations of a web application.
- Led the selection and adoption of a bug-tracking system.
ChattySun - AI for online businesshttps://chattysun.com
I personally created and deployed the technology as a one-man team in a highly efficient and streamlined development process.
AI User Acquisition
Django, Hadoop, Spark, Windows PowerShell, Ruby on Rails (RoR), ClojureScript
React, Pandas, Stripe, REST APIs, Matplotlib, SciPy, NumPy, Vue, ArcGIS, Node.js, eBay API, jQuery, D3.js, AdWords API
Apache Airflow, Emacs, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Chef, Logstash, logstash-forwarder, Vagrant, NGINX, Ansible, Git, Tmux, Grafana, BigQuery, Apache Avro
Agile, Functional Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), MapReduce, Object-relational Mapping (ORM)
Amazon EC2, Linux, Docker, Apache Pig, Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
PostgreSQL, MySQL, MySQL Server, Elasticsearch, Cassandra
Grafana 2, Graphite, Web Development, Front-end Development, Architecture, Deployment, Full-stack, Cloud, Full-stack Development, Integration, API Integration, APIs, OpenAI GPT-4 API, OpenAI GPT-3 API, StatsD, Web3, Crypto, CTO, ChatGPT, Language Models, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), EMR, Fintech, Web Marketing
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics
University of New Orleans - New Orleans, LA, USA
James W. Ellis Mathematics Award in Mathematics
University of New Orleans - New Orleans, LA, USA