- Author | Maintainer2012 - PRESENTVarious OSS Projects
Technologies: Python, Clojure, React.js, NumPy, SciPy
- Authored and led an open-source project (Endophile).
- Found a compiler bug within a ClojureScript project.
- Contributed to Pandas.
- Extended a parser for PigPen (Netflix).
- Contributed to education technology specifically the edX platform.
- Senior Engineer2011 - PRESENTSelf-employed
- Created a sophisticated data analysis interface for qualitative research professionals.
- Delivered a tailored workflow tool for pharmacists.
- Rejuvenated and improved a legacy Java accounting package.
- Added complex user interactions to a media publisher website.
- Collaborated with many businesses to add value to their processes and products.
- Senior Engineer2015 - 2017Lucid Holdings, LLC
- Implemented applications and their infrastructures on AWS.
- Wrote APIs and data warehousing applications for web impression data and survey responses.
- Cooperated with BI and data science professionals to manage multi-terabyte scale data.
- Led the design and implementation of microservices.
- Integrated new features with legacy applications and databases.
- Created APIs that improved the effectiveness of other developers.
- Led the adoption of new technologies and educated other engineers on their use.
- Software Engineer2014 - 2015Rally Software
- Acted as the data processor and Hadoop/Linux specialist on a small, cross-functional team.
- Collected, processed, and visualized several gigabytes per day of web usage data and server logs.
- Wrote code in a variety of programming languages.
- Automated tests and deployments.
- Configured and responded to alerts.
- Assisting other teams with data processing needs.
- Practiced agile development processes in a tightly organized and disciplined manner.
- CTO2012 - 2014Anabolic Technology
- Partnered with a domain expert to design and sell an information product in the fitness space.
- Designed a service-oriented architecture with several machines, codebases, and APIs.
- Pivoted to a consulting firm—building applications for a variety of clients.
- Sold my stake in the company to a partner.
- Software Developer2012 - 2012Counsyl
Technologies: NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, CoffeeScript, D3.js
- Gathered business requirements and implemented features for statistical process control.
- Orchestrated integration projects to speed up the turnaround time for patient tests.
- Optimized SQL queries to increase the efficiency of other employees.
- Developed web application features to improve the workflow of lab employees.
- Created complex visual reports and collaborated on an internal charting library using D3.js.
- Software Developer2011 - 2012iSeatz
- Worked with project managers and other developers to add features in the iSeatz' web application.
- Bioinformatics Programmer2011 - 2012University of New Orleans
- Maintained a statistics and visualization tool for microbial ecology.
- Communicated with users to assess the needs and to determine the direction of the project.
- Managed the operations of a web application.
- Led the selection and adoption of a bug-tracking system.