- Software EngineerStayful2016 - 2016
- Developed the backend platform for a hotel booking website similar to priceline.com.
- Designed and implemented REST APIs in Flask for our iOS client.
- Converted PSDs to pixel perfect webpages for our admin site.
- Director of EngineeringGrsp2014 - 2015
- Developed the backend for a mobile app that helps people shop while in a store.
- Developed a mobile web app using Meteor that we incorporated into the native iOS app for a hybrid solution.
- Managed a hybrid onsite/remote team of 4 developers, across backend, web and mobile.
- Drove technical projects and provided leadership in a fast-paced environment.
- Led project management and recruiting, working directly with the CEO to ensure the proper planning, execution and success of the product.
- Backend EngineerShareablee2013 - 2014
Technologies: Python, Django, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ, Storm, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Refactored and extended the Django-based analytics platform layer, to support additional Social Media sites, beyond Facebook.
- Designed and implemented a distributed, fault-tolerant and scalable data collection topology, using Storm and other modern big data technologies.
- Migrated hundreds of Gigabytes of data between Postgres, Cassandra and ElasticSearch, while ensuring data sanity and zero loss of data.
- Managed cloud infrastructure on AWS EC2, in charge of server performance and handling on-call responsibilities.
- Extended the Twitter Platform to allow for historical data with Gnip integration.
- Designed and developed a system that allowed for variable-range-windowed and time-series metrics on user and category properties.
- Server EngineerHinge2013 - 2013
Technologies: Python, Django, Neo4J, Gremlin, Groovy, JVM
- Worked on a dating app that helps users find genuine, offline connections, by utilizing the Facebook API to only introduce users to friends-of-friends.
- Administered the Neo4J database for complex Facebook graph operations and 'smart matching'.
- Conducted JVM tuning and analysis for optimal performance, detecting memory leaks in one of our scripts and allowing for 10x future growth.
- Implemented platform features across Django and MongoDB.
- Mentored younger engineers on cloud infrastructure and distributed systems.
- Data EngineerPict2012 - 2012
Technologies: Python, Hive
- Developed the data framework for a web app that embeds smart watermarks into images, so that retail companies can share, track, and manage them for e-commerce purposes.
- Developed a robust data pipeline and scalable infrastructure to scrape and index Pinterest.
- Reduced disconnected raw data about pins into network trees based on root pins, which allowed us to provide analytics on the virality and network effect of original content.
- Developed a system that used MongoDB as the bucket for processed MapReduce data, allowing the user to execute time-series queries.
- Designed efficient data partitioning schemes in AWS S3.
- Server EngineerTinyCo2011 - 2012
Technologies: Python, Django, MySql, Redis, Cassandra, Vertica, Hadoop, Java, Cloud, DevOps
- Developed the back-end for beautiful, fun and engaging games that can be played anywhere on mobile devices.
- Worked with a wide variety of technologies on projects related to real-time analytics and scalable social gaming architecture.
- Designed and developed a scalable click-tracking service, similar to bit.ly, for direct ad partners. A very high-traffic service with weekend ad spend often exceeding USD $1 Million.
- Implemented a Cassandra-backed 'saved game state' service layer to migrate our JSON blobs off of MySQL.
- Designed a multi-layer architecture to allow for fault tolerance and layer independent scalability.
- Designed and implemented secure REST APIs for mobile clients.
- Analyzed and re-wrote inefficient SQL queries.
- Wore many hats across DevOps, DBA and back-end development.