CTO | General Manager2019 - PRESENTOpenNet Limited
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, Vue.js, Oracle, SQL, AWS
- Oversaw OpenNet's technology and product departments, managing a team of directors, and dozens of employees.
- Expanded OpenNet's technology offering to multiple countries.
- Ensured the smooth running of existing technology.
- Hired 60+ employees.
- Integrated with numerous third-party payment providers, SMS providers, data feeds, and analytics tools.
- Enforced best practices for all of OpenNet's security concerns.
Co-founder | Board Member2019 - PRESENTIDEX Innovation
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, React
- Wrote the entire back-end codebase from scratch.
- Managed a team of developers to create an MVP.
- Directed the product decisions.
- Hired world-class talent to take over day-to-day work.
- Closed B2B sales in Asian markets.
Co-founder | CTO2018 - PRESENTCoin Flow
Technologies: Python, Pandas, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PostgreSQL, REST, WebSockets, FIX, ITCH/OUCH, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency
- Built the company with my co-founder from nothing to more than $1 million of profit in less than six months.
- Ensured the orderly running of the company's technology.
- Participated in high-level business strategy discussions.
- Managed teams of software developers and operations staff.
- Traveled to conferences around the world to represent the company, closing numerous six-digit and seven-digit B2B deals.
- Managed client relationships.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018GSR
Technologies: Java, ITCH/OUCH, FIX, Node.js, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency
- Managed a team of four developers—ensuring that deadlines are met for the business's priorities.
- Developed high-frequency-trading (HFT) solutions for the cryptocurrency market (primarily with Java 8).
- Created custom trading algorithms for novel/cutting-edge financial instruments.
- Integrated with various cryptocurrency exchanges' APIs in order to perform algorithmic trading.
- Implemented advanced, cross-exchange arbitrage systems.
Freelance Software Engineer2017 - 2018JS Software Solutions, Ltd.
- Configured and managed the environments and deployment pipelines of high-traffic, load-balanced, autoscaling websites, and APIs; primarily with AWS and Jenkins.
- Consulted with startups on architecture and how to implement robust software development life cycles with Agile best practices.
- Created various websites and mobile applications to generate passive income whilst also learning new technologies and programming paradigms.
Java Developer2017 - 2017William Hill
Technologies: Java, Spring, Node.js, React
- Developed Java (Spring) web applications used in betting terminals across thousands of William Hill stores.
- Modified and debugged Node.js and React codebases.
- Utilized TDD, pair programming, continuous integration (CI), and other best practices in an Agile work environment.
- Configured intercommunicating microservices to decouple responsibilities and allow for horizontal scaling.
- Integrated with various external services including OpenBet and BetFair.
Java Developer2016 - 2017Sky
Technologies: Java, Spring, Node.js, React, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins
- Utilized the Java Spring framework to develop web applications and APIs that are hit millions of times per day.
- Deployed software and managed environments with Amazon Web Services (EB, EC2, RDS, S3, and so on).
- Experimented in a wide range of languages including Node.js, React, and AngularJS.
- Maintained and contributed to internal open source projects.
- Promoted continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), test-driven development (TDD), pair programming, code reviews, and general best practices in an Agile environment.
- Managed the full lifecycle of software used by millions of customers—from requirements capturing and estimation through to long-term maintenance and support.
Software Developer2014 - 2015Jagex Games Studio
Technologies: Spring, Java, AngularJS, AWS, Jenkins, WordPress, Bash, Python, PHP, Selenium
- Designed, developed, modified, tested, and deployed Spring MVC and Spring Boot Java web applications used by millions of users. Examples include a bespoke account management system and a player stats system.
- Deployed remotely game server builds via a Unix terminal.
- Analyzed and modified Bash and Python scripts for deployment and maintenance tasks.
- Developed PHP plugins for websites.
- Created automated Selenium regression tests that implemented the Page Object design pattern.
- Utilized Agile/Scrum, Annotations, Generics, Git VCS, HTML, HTTP servlets and containers, Java EE, JBoss, JDBC, JSON, JUnit, OOA/D, Maven, REST, SQL, Subversion (SVN) VCS, and Unix/Bash scripting.
Mobile Application Developer2013 - 2014Apps4Industry Ltd
Technologies: Java, Objective-C, HTML, CSS
- Developed bespoke iOS and Android apps for SMEs.
- Created and managed the company's website.
- Produced marketing material i.e., videos, ads, and so on.
- Converted wireframes to fully operational applications.
- Gathered requirements from customers.
Director2012 - 2013First Class Creative Ltd
Technologies: Java, Spring, Nginx, Apache, HTML, CSS, WordPress
- Developed WordPress websites for clients around the world.
- Managed servers for SMEs (Apache/Nginx configuration, DNS setup, SFTP creation, and more).
- Created desktop applications for letting agencies.
- Managed social media for student-related businesses (bars, clubs, student sublets, and more).
Web Developer2008 - 2012Freelance
- Deployed websites for SMEs.
- Managed web servers.
- Designed web pages.
- Modified legacy websites.
- Advised SMEs on technology choices and hosting solutions.