- Architect, Developer, ManagerCPA Opinion Partners2012 - PRESENT
- Architected and implemented a software package to automate salary recommendations for company shareholders.
- Created an automated continuous integration and continuous release process using Jenkins and Rackspace Cloud Servers.
- Managed a small team to help design and implement features of the software.
- Automated a series of medium-scale datasets to integrate into the application for calculations and data integrity.
- Created a PDF generation service that converts web pages into PDFs and uploads them to CloudFiles for CDN distribution.
- Developer Operations3S Mobile2012 - PRESENT
- Conceived and implemented a complete continuous integration and release cycle for development.
- Implemented consistent developer environments using Vagrant, which integrates with the same build system as production.
- Automated all unit, integration, and acceptance testing and made everything work from a command line and through a web interface.
- Managed and automated server procurement using AWS and Rackspace.
- Implemented a secure and efficient disaster recovery program with complete instructions for either partial or full recovery.
- Master Software ArchitectClickMotive2007 - 2012
- Created an extremely scalable and performant website templating architecture.
- Served over 250 million hits per month (~100 hits/second), using 2 load balanced web servers and 5 load balanced database servers.
- Created a fully automated, self-managing BI data warehouse and reporting solution, crunching around 1.5TB of data.
- Integrated many 3rd party data sources into the data warehouse and platform and ensured high quality over a very large dataset.
- Pioneered one of the first continuous integration and automated deployment platforms for SQL Server deployments.
- Hired, lead, and managed a team of very talented developers to expand on the flagship product's capabilities and take it to the next level.
- Created a variety of ETL processes for internal and external data consumption.
- Implemented extremely high priority monitoring systems to ensure we reached ~100% uptime guarantees.
- Created many backend management tools for account managers and other employees to see or manage relevant data.
- Freelance DeveloperVMWare2007 - 2008
- Created a VMWare assessment tool in Flash, PHP, and XML that VMWare used to determine how people use their products.
- Created a VMWare introduction marketing piece to help potential customers understand the product.
- Developed a backend management framework for the assessment tool in Flash/Flex/AS3.
- Managed communications among 4 teams that were working on the project.
- Developed a backend CMS using CakePHP.
- Freelance DeveloperArby's Foundation2006 - 2008
- Wrote a CMS using CakePHP to support the Foundation's website.
- Developed a planning/scheduling app to run all of the Foundation's events and manage invites and responses.
- Stored and automatically reported on all data based on event and time triggers.
- Created an automated registration business process from end to end, obsoleting paperwork and human error.
- Used CakePHP, MySQL, and performed one of the first Google Maps API integrations.
- Freelance DeveloperCoca-Cola Corporation2006 - 2007
Technologies: Flash, PHP, XML, HTML
- Developed Coca-Cola's history timeline, using Flash. Probably one of Coca-Cola's longest-standing web assets at 6+ years old.
- Created Coca-Cola's careers page.
- Co-developed branding strategies and marketing documentation.
- Fixed a variety of SEO problems to improve long-tail search results.
- Senior DeveloperOverhead Door Corporation2006 - 2007
- Created a unified front-end web framework for all Overhead Door websites and applications to speed up development time.
- Using that framework, wrote a sales force CRM tool in C#/ASP.NET to manage external clients.
- Created automated code generation scripts, using MyGeneration, to improve developer productivity.
- Developed HR's company-wide annual review survey system to securely store evaluations and report statistics to top executives.
- Implemented and organized Sharepoint for the IT department.
- Senior Application DeveloperConcentra, Inc2004 - 2006
- Developed a precursor to Google Maps for Concentra's Location Finder, integrating with Microsoft's MapPoint API.
- Created applications and Windows services to automatically merge HR data into Active Directory and create logins for 11,000 employees, using C#, SQL Server, and Oracle.
- Developed a custom search robot and engine in C# as a service, stored on SQL Server, including spell-checking and a precursor to Google's OneBox technology for semantic indexing.
- Created a contact management system to automatically direct public queries to appropriate people in the company.
- Authored technical and persuasive articles for internal and external clients.
- Wrote a series of software libraries, including a precursor to jQuery or Backbone.js, common .NET data access libraries, spell-checking, and UI controls.
- Architected and maintained Concentra's custom intranet portal, similar to Sharepoint.
- Principal Application DeveloperDallas Baptist University2002 - 2004
- Redesigned DBU's website to reduce effort required to find information.
- Created one of the first large scale Flash applications, the university's online admission application.
- Developed a student worker time entry application in Flash.
- Developed a first-of-its-kind multi-camera streaming web app for DBU's online baseball broadcast.
- Mentored and taught other developers of best practices.