Verified Expert in Engineering
Joseph is a professional with strong leadership skills, highly experienced in software engineering, and specializing in mission-critical systems in aerospace, defense, and telecommunications. He has over two decades of experience designing and developing sophisticated enterprise web applications using various technologies, most recently with ASP.NET MVC.
ASP.NET MVC, C#, .NET, Visual Studio, Blazor
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on was the Air Force's Title X War Game. It allowed me to model multiple weapon systems, radars, and missiles—all in a graphical global view.
Client (via Toptal)
- Created a Time and Budgeting system for a large construction company utilizing Blazor, ASP.Net Core, SQL Server, and C#.
- Designed and implemented a payment system for a SaaS Childcare and Education system utilizing Stripe Connect.
- Joined a team at an energy company to train, mentor, and lead them in the development of an Angular 8 application with Azure to upload well-drilling data and edit large datasets, resulting in a turnaround at the department and on-time delivery.
- Joined the team at an aerospace company developing a computer-aided design system for aerodynamic stress testing in WPF and C#.
Principal Software Engineer and Architect
Rapier Aerospace, Inc.
- Architected and developed a wargaming information system that utilized a geospatial information system (GIS) and web-based technologies to support the General Officer Command Staff for the US Air Force’s Unified Engagement War Games.
- Migrated a suite of legacy applications from a patchwork of technologies to an assortment of ASP.NET MVC solutions for better performance, testability, and reliability.
- Modeled ballistic missile launch and defense scenarios, satellite ephemerides for communication and sensor coverage as well as conventional forces.
- Designed and developed web and mobile applications for aviation industry clients utilizing C#, ASP.Net Core, Blazor and Xamarin.
- Updated legacy weather and flight delay prediction service to ASP.NET, C#, Blazor, and AWS—to include capacity, availability, and scalability planning.
- Implemented and led agile and scrum software development practices.
- Mentored staff on new technologies such as ASP.NET MVC, C#, Angular 2+, and Entity Framework.
- Designed and prototyped a web-based business simulation game for the Defense Acquisition University using C#, ASP.NET Core, and Blazor.
- Led a team in upgrading a legacy Human Resource application for the Department of Homeland Security that tracked the application, hiring process, and current employees of the entire division using Angular 8, C#, ASP.Net Core, and AWS.
- Created a mobile application to track the usage and maintenance of all vehicles of Immigration and Customs Enforcement using C# and Xamarin.
Director of Software Engineering
Sphere of Influence | Government
- Recruited, managed, coached, and led the engineering staff.
- Initiated a strategic initiative to grow a new line of business in the emerging NextGen program of the FAA.
- Provided solutions to unique customer problems—resulting in a high mission success rate and customer satisfaction.
- Directed all aspects of the development, customization and implementation projects, including project planning, scheduling, tracking, development, and crisis response.
- Designed and led the development of a command-and-control system that was the digital nervous system for a global mission system.
- Implemented agile software development practices in multiple programs.
- Designed and led the mobile application development for a customer proposal.
Senior Project Lead
- Led a 50-person team on the Advanced Battle Manager project for the Missile Defense National Team.
- Managed and was responsible for the productivity and rhythm of the development team and for coordinating several dependent groups, including software engineers, system engineers, quality assurance, configuration management, modeling, and simulation.
- Developed and implemented sophisticated engineering techniques that include fully-generative-model-driven development, equivalence partition testing, linear temporal logic assertions, and formal design by contract.
- Initiated agile development methodologies with feedback-intensive short cycles, high collaboration, and other select Agile practices.
- Led the first proof-of-concept to success—resulting in a $50 million contract.
179th Fighter Squadron
- Performed air defense alert duties in support of peacetime alert taskings and Operation Noble Eagle.
- Planned and led combat air patrols over multiple US cities in support of Operation Noble Eagle.
- Was deployed to Panama and Curacao on multiple occasions in support of Operation Nighthawk.
- Initiated computer system upgrades that improved flight planning capabilities.
- Committed more than 1,000 flying hours in F-16 aircrafts.
Director of Software Engineering
Sinex Aviation Technologies
- Led teams in the development and production of commercial maintenance software for the airline industry.
- Architected and directed the development of FleetCycle Production Manager: a browser-based airline maintenance application which automates previously manual-heavy maintenance tracking procedures.
- Designed and led the creation of all modules, including ensuring FAA compliant electronic signature support, FAA approved electronic non-routines, and the mechanic task flow and assignment system.
- Collaborated extensively with major airline customers to gather customization requirements including U.S. Airways, Southwest Airlines, Air Canada, and American Airlines.
- Developed software that was recognized for saving clients millions of dollars in yearly maintenance costs.
- Planned and monitored the day-to-day initiatives of multiple projects, including business requirements analysis, systems design and architecture, data modeling, development, testing, implementation, and support strategies.
- Led the establishment of change control, version control, and change/defect-tracking procedures.
- Spearheaded the introducing of a 24-hour support program and crisis response operations for customers which increased the revenue and customer retention.
Senior Manager | Software Engineer
Condor Consulting, Inc.
- Provided strategic and tactical leadership to ensure the successful design, development, and enhancement of software products for the aerospace and education industries.
- Managed and was accountable for the overall success of software products—from the initial requirements analysis and architectural design through development, testing, implementation, and customer satisfaction.
- Architected and developed a dispatch application for a flight training and charter organization. The app managed the day-to-day operations, including aircraft and pilot availability, aircraft maintenance status, and student training progress.
- Communicated extensively with clients to analyze requirements and develop the appropriate custom software solutions to automate previously manual functions and increase efficiency.
- Defined project scopes, budgets, resources, and timelines.
Computer Impact Associates
- Worked as a member of a team that was accountable for designing custom software applications for clients in the financial and medical industries.
- Served as a senior technical member of the primary client capture team.
- Developed desktop applications using C++ and FoxPro.
- Effectively analyzed, developed, and supported various applications, systems, and interfaces to increase efficiency throughout the organization.
- Communicated extensively with users to define business needs and implement the appropriate solutions to automate previously manual functions.
- Developed, tested, implemented, and enhanced new and existing systems.
US Air Force Title X War Game
Child Care Management Softwarehttps://www.childcareseer.com/
Major Airline Maintenance Softwarehttps://www.empowermx.com/
ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET Web API, Bootstrap 3, Entity, Angular, Kendo UI, Bootstrap, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core 2, ASP.NET MVC 6, Entity Framework Core, MVC Razor, Blazor, .NET Core, .NET, Knockout (Knockout.js), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Razor, Tailwind CSS, ASP
Stripe, AutoMapper, Web API, REST APIs, Entity Framework, jQuery, Windows Forms (WinForms), ArcGIS, Node.js, Stripe API
NuGet, Git, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Prism, C#.NET WinForms, Visual Studio, Microsoft PowerPoint, MS Silverlight
MVC Design, Agile, Continuous Integration (CI), Management, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), REST, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM)
Web, Android, Windows, Xamarin, Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows Mobile, Linux, Firebase
JSON, Relational Databases, Databases, Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL, MySQL, SQL Server 2012, PostgreSQL, Azure Active Directory, IBM Mainframe
Web Development, Full-stack, Technical Leadership, Leadership, Team Management, Architecture, Software Architecture, APIs, Aviation, Stripe Payments, Front-end, .NET 6, Full-stack Development, Back-end, Cloud, xBase, WCF Web Services, Version Control, Code Review, eCommerce, WebAssembly, Science, Simulations & Wargames
Bachelor of Science Degree in Aeronautical Science
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Prescott, AZ, USA