Juan Martín García
Verified Expert in Engineering
UI/UX Designer and Front-end Developer
Juan is a UI/UX designer and front-end developer with excellent communication skills and more than a decade of experience. He's worked as a contractor for teams of various sizes and notable companies and institutions such as Microsoft, Viacom, Fox, Nickelodeon, the University of North Carolina, Faena Hotels, Renault, and Banco Santander Río, among many others.
Zsh, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded was a back end and mobile app for a construction company to handle internal communication among their 500 employees and staff members.
UI/UX Designer and Front-end Developer
- Designed and developed the UI/UX for an iPad app designed for the management of clinical records in the United States; also created the entire design system.
- Built and designed the front end of the site for a drone retail company in Argentina.
- Designed the UI/UX for a digital newspaper's proof of concept along with several customization features and personalization options for the user.
- Designed and developed the front end and back end of a health website that would provide general information for the users about otorhinolaryngology.
- Analyzed data from usability tests and enhanced the UX and UI to streamline the checkout experience for an airline in Argentina.
Product Design Mentor and Technical Expert
Thinkful & Bloc
- Mentored students who were taking various product design courses.
- Worked as a technical expert, helping students debug issues with their front-end code.
- Reviewed and graded students' submissions and exercises.
- Reviewed portfolios and provided advice to students building their design and development portfolios.
- Designed and developed the front end for a platform for HR at a construction company, including the native Android app and web application.
- Built and created the design of several websites for various companies, mainly related to the oil and construction industries.
- Managed a UI/UX team for several products related to healthcare.
- Designed the UI for an online tool related to education for the University of North Carolina.
- Oversaw the UI/UX design of both a native iOS mobile app and a desktop web app for a company related to appraisals.
Graphic and Editorial Designer
- Created the cover designs for several book collections from the publishing house.
- Designed the internal layout for an illustrated book and newspaper supplements.
- Built, designed, and maintained the company websites.
SSV | Website Design and Developmenthttp://www.sharpstudiovisuals.com
It's not just a website; it's a digital platform that allows the client to showcase their stunning rendering and digital artwork, attract new clients, and share their design philosophy with a global audience. It was designed and developed from the ground up and represents a harmonious fusion of aesthetics and functionality, combining cutting-edge design and interactions with seamless user experience, all powered by Next.js and Tailwind for the front-end, Decap CMS for content management, and Netlify as the hosting platform.
The website is not just a static collection of images and information; it's an immersive digital experience crafted to engage and captivate visitors.
Through carefully designed interactions and animations, we've transformed the navigation of the site into an innovative and intriguing journey. Seamless transitions and dynamic loading enhance the fluidity of the user experience. Scrolling unveils hidden details, and subtle animations breathe life into our architectural creations, allowing you to truly immerse yourself in our world of design.
BAS | Website Design and Developmenthttp://www.ba-studio.com.ar
The goal was to allow the architecture studio to showcase its architectural work, attract new clients, and share its design philosophy with a global audience. It can be hard to make a website stand out using so few design elements, but overall, I believe the final result pleased both the client and myself.
Cinedora | Website Developmenthttp://www.cinedora.com
BEING | Website Developmenthttps://www.being.cinedora.com/main.php?referral=jmg
Scrolling animations and transitions, interactive elements such as an audio and video player, and futuristic design elements, such as sleek UI components, vibrant colors, and dynamic typography, helped me capture the essence of the sci-fi movie.
Working on this project has been a thrilling experience, allowing me to combine my technical expertise with my passion for music and artistic expression. The result is a visually stunning, interactive, and immersive online platform that captures the essence of the sci-fi genre and provides fans with a memorable journey into the movie's universe.
MMU | Website Design and Developmenthttp://www.maitemu.com.ar
The project has a minimal design, allowing the user to focus on the content and deliver a user-centric, accessible, and empowering experience. It exemplifies the fusion of technology and expertise in crafting a tool that empowers positive change in the well-being of individuals on their wellness journeys.
León XIII Institute | Website and Design Systemhttp://www.institutoleonxiii.edu.ar
Goytía PKG | Websitehttp://goytiapkg.com/
Faena Catering | Websitehttp://faenacatering.com
Since the website mainly consisted of static content, I decided to code the front end without any framework. I used plain HTML, Stylus as a preprocessor for CSS, and Vanilla JS with any external dependencies.
Next.js, Vanilla JS, Tailwind CSS, Express.js, Twig, Redux, Laravel
Flexbox, Node.js, React, Passport.js, Google Maps API, jQuery, D3.js, Web Audio
Stylus, JSX, Sketch, Figma, Zsh, Oh My Zsh, Zeplin, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Create React App, MAMP, Git, Apache, InVision, Adobe, Balsamiq, Balsamiq Mockups, Adobe InDesign, Sublime Text, Webpack, Sequel Pro, Adobe Experience Design (XD)
Agile, Functional Programming
Craft CMS, Firebase, Netlify, DigitalOcean, iOS, Webflow, Heroku, MacOS, Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Azure
CSS Grid, Accessibility, Web Accessibility, A11Y, Gatsby, Styled-components, Eleventy, Fish, InVision Studio, Illustration, Decap CMS, UI Animation, Landing Pages
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
University of Buenos Aires, Faculty of Architecture, Design, and Urbanism - Buenos Aires, Argentina