Verified Expert in Engineering
Julien has 14 years of experience as a software engineer with a passion for building full-stack apps. He especially shines in designing and building innovative user interfaces. Julien has a deep knowledge of React and loves finding UI solutions using CSS. His experience includes a software engineer role with Amazon Toronto for three years, where he got to work on various full-stack projects, both back end and front end, and he became the "go-to" person for front-end work and advice.
The most amazing...
Senior Full-stack Engineer and Tech Lead
- Led the change to React + TypeScript from Backbone.js. Advocated for this change by building multiple prototypes on my initiative to show feasibility and benefits.
- Managed the first React project with a team of five. I set up the stack and trained the team on React best practices.
- Created and published an npm library to share common React code amongst projects.
- Managed several full-stack projects involving multiple developers and interactions with product and design teams.
- Created and published an npm library of web components for our design system, introduced the concept to the company, and advocated for its benefits. I built the library's foundations and oversaw the components' development.
- Modernized the technical stack within the first month of joining the team by supporting ES6 and Webpack and introducing front-end unit tests with Jest, improving codebase maintainability and developer experience.
- Converted a big chunk of the codebase to TypeScript.
Software Development Engineer II
- Designed and co-created the front end for a custom CRM web app, integrated within an existing portal using micro front-end principles. Developed in TypeScript, with React, Redux, and Styled Components.
- Created a contact information management end-to-end feature (database, back end, and front end in React) for a CRM web app. It gathers existing contacts, adds and removes contacts, and tags them, like do not disturb or preferred.
- Co-created a PR and legal approval workflow for global survey questions. Worked on a back-end serverless service using AWS Lambda, Node.js, and TypeScript and created the front end by myself using React.
R&D Software Engineer
- Trained the engineering team in France and the US in the usage of the dashboard framework, the designer tool, and the data-table library.
- Developed and maintained the application developed by the company (video streaming, recording, playback, motion detection, alarm management, and user profile management.) Oversaw the technical choices, architecture, and change tracking.
- Redesigned the video playback module (WPF, C#, and DirectShow) to make it more modern and more intuitive.
- Set up an SQL server database for the management of video recordings. Used data virtualization (WPF), which resulted in an instant search of video recordings, which previously took between tens of seconds to several minutes.
- Designed an algorithm (C#) to precisely manage recording disk space. Created a virtual disk space regrouping all available disk partitions. Added support for NAS servers. The maximum disk space was multiplied by five.
- Created an automatic update system through the Internet (C#, PHP, MySQL, Ajax, and JQuery) leading to reduced travel costs for technicians.
- Created an automated build system (C#) for our release build/process, which used to be manual, that removed build-related bugs.
I solved a dev challenge that can be found here, along with user stories: https://devchallenges.io/challenges/mGd5VpbO4JnzU6I9l96x.
Donor Wall Data Management App for a Nonprofit
Phase 10 Trackerhttps://github.com/juliendelort/phase10
• Generates random phases
• Keeps track of who is in which phase
• Keeps track of scores
Social-textarea: A React "Social" Textarea Supporting User Mentions, Emojis, and URL Previewshttps://github.com/juliendelort/social-textarea
Informel: Forms with Superpowershttps://juliendelort.github.io/informel
• Easily obtain form values
• Automatically show validation errors
• Native and custom validation rules
• Easily track form validity state
• Keep track of whether the form is dirty or not
• Auto submission via Ajax call, using action and method attributes
This was published on npm.
This is a basic to-do list app. The goal of this was to get more familiar with SvelteKit.
Vanilla JS, Express.js, Svelte, Next.js, Redux, ASP.NET MVC, Ruby on Rails 5, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Jest, Tailwind CSS
React, Node.js, Lodash, Backbone.js, jQuery, REST APIs, Windows Forms (WinForms)
Styled-components, Front-end, Full-stack, APIs, Web Components, Forms, Enzyme, Remix, React Query
Redux Thunk, AWS SDK, NPM, Prisma, Git
AWS Lambda, Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB