Verified Expert in Engineering
Machine Learning Developer
Julio is a machine learning engineer, specializing in big data analytics. For the past three years, he has helped major companies, such as Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and a Brazilian credit bureau, improve their machine learning platforms. By combining big data and analytics, he has developed machine learning pipelines that run hundreds of machine learning models. In addition to his industry experience, Julio teaches university and other online courses in machine learning and data science.
Python, PySpark, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Apache Beam, Apache Airflow, Cassandra, Hadoop, Apache Kafka, Apache Hive
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is a machine learning platform for a Brazilian credit bureau, on top of GCP with a centralized feature store.
- Taught and developed courses in machine learning for digital marketing.
- Taught and developed courses in MLOps for machine learning and APIs.
- Taught and developed courses in image recognition with Twitter and Computer Vision API.
- Taught and developed courses in Python for machine learning.
- Taught and developed courses in Python for anomaly detection.
- Taught and developed courses in machine learning with Twitter and Facebook APIs.
Machine Learning Engineer
Boa Vista SCPC
- Designed and developed a centralized feature store platform for data science, capable of running thousands of machine learning features on a daily basis.
- Designed and developed a model deployment platform with GCP, which receives ten new machine learning models per month.
- Significantly improved the data science team's platform, software, and tools, resulting in 100% cloud-native technologies for machine learning.
- Migrated 100% of the analytics platform from on-premises to GCP.
- Developed and implemented a data lake for centralizing all digital marketing data.
- Built an anomaly detection model to predict unusual behavior in product performance, resulting in millions of dollars in savings.
- Improved digital marketing sales by 200% by constantly creating new strategies and goals.
- Implemented a business intelligence system for monthly sales reporting.
- Designed and analyzed a fractional factorial design experiment, which improved. a product bill of materials (BOM).
- Implemented a mobile app for customer orders, reducing the lead time on the invoicing process by 60%.
Supply Chain Intern
- Reduced lead time in the SKU tracking process by 70%.
- Served as the Six Sigma team leader on the project to improve inventory accuracy.
- Served as the Six Sigma team leader on the overpull reduction project.
Projeta Mídia Digital
- Doubled the company's overall sales in the first year.
- Researched, designed, and implemented two products: Digital Signage and Totem/Kiosk.
- Eliminated waste by improving processes and developing standard practices.
Computer Technician Intern
- Created three control systems in Excel, which are still used today: hours worked, delivery control, and freight payment.
- Reduced the company's transport costs for small vehicles.
- Improved the delivery system by eliminating wasteful time and movement.
Image Recognition with Twitter and Computer Vision APIhttps://github.com/jcalvesoliveira/twitter-api
Selecting Soccer Players in the Cartola FC Fantasy Soccer Game
Statistics Processing with Python and gRPChttps://github.com/jcalvesoliveira/statistics-processing
Python, SQL, R
Data Science, ETL, Anomaly Detection, Business Intelligence (BI), Six Sigma, Linear Programming, Microservices
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, Google Analytics 360, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Databricks, AWS Lambda
Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Big Data, Analytics, Credit Risk, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), Google BigQuery, Data Engineering, Big Data Architecture, Google Cloud Functions, Digital Marketing, Supply Chain, Lean, Google Ads, Facebook, Markov Model, Linear Optimization, Computer Vision, Streaming, APIs, Prometheus, Statistics
Flask, Spark, Hadoop, gRPC
Apache Beam, Apache Airflow, Impala, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Google Analytics, Grafana
Google Bigtable, Cassandra, Apache Hive
Master's Degree in Data Science
Pennsylvania State University - Philadelphia, USA
MicroMasters Program Certificate in Artificial Intelligence
Columbia University - Online
Specialization (Masters Level) in Big Data Analytics
The Institute of Management Foundation (FIA) - São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
Montes Claros Technology and Science University - Montes Claros, MG, Brazil
Exchange Program in Industrial Engineering
Indiana Tech - Fort Wayne, IN, USA
Associate's Degree in Computers
Montes Claros Technical School - Montes Claros, MG, Brazil
Microsoft Professional Program for Data Science
Green Belt Six Sigma Certification
American Society for Quality (ASQ)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring