Verified Expert in Engineering
Julius is an accomplished lead Java developer and engineering manager with expertise in Java back-end development. He has 19+ years of experience delivering innovative and efficient software solutions and a proven ability to design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable software applications in various industries, including finance, banking, healthcare, travel, consulting, and eCommerce. Julius is an expert in coding RESTful APIs and web services, code reviews, mentoring, and agile delivery.
Windows, MacOS, Slack, Office 365, IntelliJ IDEA, Unix, Linux, Teams, Discord, GitHub, PostgreSQL, Python
The most amazing...
...solution I've developed is a healthcare web app for managing pharmacy benefits, as I was able to help people live healthier lives.
Expert Software Engineer
Zühlke Engineering AG
- Developed and maintained RESTful APIs and integrated them with various systems and databases, using technologies such as Spring Boot, MongoDB, AWS, and Kubernetes for an Indonesian healthcare startup.
- Applied test-driven development and continuous integration and delivery techniques to ensure quality and stability.
- Collaborated with other team members to gather requirements, communicate project progress, and provide technical expertise and guidance.
Software Engineering Manager
- Led multiple teams in developing and delivering high-quality solutions for the healthcare domain, utilizing RESTful API and Java back-end development techniques.
- Conducted code reviews, ensuring adherence to coding standards, quality, and performance optimization. Mentored team members to develop their skills and knowledge, enabling them to progress in their careers and contribute effectively to the team.
- Helped facilitate the Agile methodology to improve project delivery and team efficiency, resulting in increased productivity and faster time to market.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and clients to ensure alignment of project goals with overall business objectives.
- Expanded the team's size and capability, recruiting and onboarding new team members and ensuring smooth integration into the team's culture and processes.
Java Developer | Team Lead
- Drove the development efforts for the back-office system and coordinated with various stakeholders for requirement gathering and project deliverables.
- Drove the team to adopt Agile practices in developing enhancements and fixing defects.
- Guided and mentored junior developers. Performed code reviews to ensure high-quality code.
- Helped develop new features for the Country In a Box initiative.
- Handled the release management activities for an internal project, the Libris platform.
- Collaborated with team members to gather requirements, communicate project progress, and provide technical expertise and guidance.
Senior Software Engineer
- Analyzed and resolved critical failures and defects that affected a global client base, ensuring their revenue from settling trades was not disrupted.
- Collaborated with clients in major investment management and brokerage firms to help stabilize their post-trade process throughput in case of system slowdowns.
- Conducted performance reviews, mentored the team members, and helped them make their career progression plans.
Web Application for Pharmacy Benefit Management
Tellering System for a Local Bank
Web Application for Order Tracking of Pharmacy Benefits
Hibernate, Spring, Spring Boot, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), AngularJS, Google Guice, Ext JS, Angular, Spring Microservice
REST APIs, API Development, jQuery, React, Reactor, Backbone.Marionette, Node.js, MyBatis
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Scrum, Microservices, Unit Testing, Compiler Design, Kanban, Agile
Windows, MacOS, Docker, Unix, Linux, Kubernetes, Oracle, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), IBM WebSphere, JBoss EAP, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mule ESB
JSON, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud, NoSQL, Azure Cosmos DB
Slack, IntelliJ IDEA, Dynatrace, GitHub, AWS CLI, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), MapStruct, Gradle, Google Compute Engine (GCE), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), MongoDB Shell, MongoDB Atlas, Jira, Bitbucket, Rally
Web Services, Technical Leadership, Fintech, Containerization, Containers, Technical Consulting, Office 365, Messaging, Teams, Discord, Systems Analysis, Operating Systems, Shell Scripting, CI/CD Pipelines, Project Lombok, Google Cloud Build, Indexing
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Informatics International College - Manila, Philippines
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Santo Tomas - Manila, Philippines
Certified SAFe 4 Agilist
Scaled Agile Inc.
Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I)
Sun Certified Programmer, Java 1.4
Sun Certified Associate, Java 1.4