Systems Architect2016 - PRESENTAutomation Exchange
Technologies: Multitenancy, Continuous Delivery (CD), Amazon Web Services (AWS), REST APIs, Elasticsearch, Microsoft SQL Server, C#, Linux, Sidekiq, Ruby
- Built CI/CD from scratch using GitLab.
- Migrated the C# background service to Sidekiq workers.
- Guided and coached a team of five developers.
- Designed and architected the overall system.
- Built a full API with 80%+ test coverage.
Owner2007 - PRESENTJade IT CC
Technologies: Laravel, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elasticsearch, Symfony, Sinatra, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, PHP
- Designed and developed a system to manage rentals and rental payments.
- Conducted basic data mining for a local university to determine the achievements of its first year students.
- Managed and monitored the AWS infrastructure for a small mobile application company.
- Integrated with various APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MotorMouths) for different projects.
- Implemented a document management system with fuzzy searching and an API in Rails.
Technical Analyst2015 - 2016Dimension Data
- Developed technical specifications.
- Implemented technical specifications.
- Tested and released changes.
Senior Developer2013 - 2015Tutuka
Technologies: PCI, Ruby, Microsoft SQL Server, ColdFusion
- Implemented a log data store using Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana.
- Designed and implemented an API proxy to enable the rapid integration of third-party APIs.
- Debugged ISO8583 financial transactions.
- Assisted in integrations with MasterCard and Visa for international clients.
- Set up and ran Ubuntu 12.04 infrastructure to support the Elasticsearch setup, including taking them through PCI compliance.
Lead Developer2012 - 2013Everlytic
Technologies: REST APIs, Google Analytics API, Twitter API, Facebook API, MySQL, PHP
- Migrated the version control system from SVN to Git.
- Integrated with the Facebook, Twiiter, and Google Analytics APIs.
- Mentored the development team in good design and best coding practices.
- Expanded the testing infrastructure to get more code under test.
- Guided the integrations team in developing solutions needed by clients.
Systems Developer and Head of Development2009 - 2012Branded Internet
Technologies: Multitenancy, Linux, PHP
- Created an API to enable wholesale selling of ADSL and other ISP services.
- Implemented source control for the codebase.
- Expanded systems to enable quicker resolution of support queries.
- Designed and implemented a new customer portal to enable quicker go-live for new clients.
- Mentored the development team in best practices and design methodology.
Developer2006 - 2007Cherry Creek Software
- Increased the usability of the company's core product by resolving bugs and improving the flow of the product.
- Implemented a simple spell checker to allow fuzzy matching of words sent in a SMS campaign.
- Created a CMS for an international customer.
- Consulted on the needs of international clients.