Verified Expert in Engineering
Kirby is an independent software developer with over 30 years of experience. His focus since 2008 has been on building iOS and Mac apps. Kirby is also the author of books and articles written about iOS app development and frequently speaks at developer conferences.
PyCharm, Sublime Text, Git, MacOS, iOS
The most amazing...
...project accomplishment for me was a price planning system I helped build that resulted in a 24 million dollar increase in revenue in its the first year of use.
Owner/Chief Code Monkey
White Peak Software, Inc
- Designed, built, and delivered over 70 custom solutions and applications for companies worldwide. This includes delivering over 40 iOS apps available in the App Store and through the custom B2B program.
- Designed and developed White Peak Software's own apps including an entertaining photo album app for kids called Hey Peanut, and Labor Mate, a labor contraction timer that reached the Top 20 in the U.S. Health and Fitness category.
- Worked with clients to help define and improve their vision and strategy for their mobile apps.
- Implemented iOS mobile solutions, making the client's vision a reality.
- Designed and built apps from scratch as well as updating and improving existing applications.
Senior Software Architect
- Designed and implemented the back-end and web service-based solutions for clients in the financial industry.
- Designed and implemented a data-driven UI platform based on XSTL that simplified content publishing for IPO roadshows.
- Designed a back-office solution that simplified account management for debt consolidation agency.
- Served as the web service champion for the northeast region.
- Presented talks and lectures to C-level executives at Microsoft Architectural Roundtable events.
Director of Engineering
- Architected web-based and mobile solutions for field force enablement.
- Implemented the middleware and back-end services.
- Managed a team of 35 software engineers.
Kirby's responsibilities included converting each UI view from springs and struts to auto layout, providing support for larger iOS devices such as the iPhone 6 Plus, and adding new In-App Purchase option to enable premium features.
Whole Food Market (formally Whole Food Recipes)
Kirby's responsibilities included design and implementation of the recipe manager, data synchronization across devices and the web-base client, and the implementation of numerous custom UI components.
Medicomp SAVI for iOShttps://www.medicompinc.com
Kirby's responsibilities included porting the Android version of their SAVI monitoring app to iOS. This included building a communication layer between the application and the heart monitor using both the External Accessory Framework and Core Bluetooth, implementation of the ECG monitoring processing, automatic and manual recordings of symptoms, and collecting and reporting data to the Medicomp back-end services.
ICE at TJU
Kirby's responsibilities included designing and implementing the iPad app, and working closely with the UI designers to ensure a great user experience. Project highlights include the offline storage that makes it possible to download complete courseware material, including PDF, Excel, and other documents, for offline viewing.
Photos to Photos
Kirby's responsibilities included writing the multi-player game engine in Node.js and synch data with Parse.com.
Kirby's responsibilities included designing and developing the iOS app for iPhone and iPad, integrating the app with Amazon AWS services, and providing a streamline UI design for the application.
Learning iPad Programming: A Hands-On Guide to Building iPad App
Cocoa Touch, Cocoa, Web2py, Core Bluetooth, Core Data, .NET, ASP, ASP.NET
Bitbucket, GitHub Pages, GitHub, Hockey SDK, Xcode, Middleman, Jekyll, PaintCode, Git, Sublime Text, PyCharm, Sketch
MacOS, iOS, Parse, OS X
JSON, SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Parse SDK, Dropbox API, Facebook API, Mantle, Node.js
Agile Software Development, REST
Partially Completed Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
Memphis State University - Memphis, TN