Objective-C Developer in Stowe, VT, United States
Owner/Chief Code Monkey2004 - PRESENTWhite Peak Software, Inc
Technologies: iOS, OS X, Objective-C, Swift, Python, Node.js, Git, REST, JSON, XML, Core Data, Mantle, SQLite
- Designed, built, and delivered over 70 custom solutions and applications for companies worldwide. This includes delivering over 40 iOS apps available in the App Store and through the custom B2B program.
- Designed and developed White Peak Software's own apps including an entertaining photo album app for kids called Hey Peanut, and Labor Mate, a labor contraction timer that reached the Top 20 in the U.S. Health and Fitness category.
- Worked with clients to help define and improve their vision and strategy for their mobile apps.
- Implemented iOS mobile solutions, making the client's vision a reality.
- Designed and built apps from scratch as well as updating and improving existing applications.
Senior Software Architect2001 - 2004Avanade, Inc.
Technologies: .NET, C#, SQL Server, XML, REST, SOAP
- Designed and implemented the back-end and web service-based solutions for clients in the financial industry.
- Designed and implemented a data-driven UI platform based on XSTL that simplified content publishing for IPO roadshows.
- Designed a back-office solution that simplified account management for debt consolidation agency.
- Served as the web service champion for the northeast region.
- Presented talks and lectures to C-level executives at Microsoft Architectural Roundtable events.
Director of Engineering2000 - 2001Antenna Software
Technologies: .NET, C#, Visual Basic, Delphi, SQL Server, ASP, ASP.NET
- Architected web-based and mobile solutions for field force enablement.
- Implemented the middleware and back-end services.
- Managed a team of 35 software engineers.
- PingMD (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pingmd/id635187188?mt=8
PingMD is a complete digital care manager designed for the health of medical practices and patients.
Kirby's responsibilities included converting each UI view from springs and struts to auto layout, providing support for larger iOS devices such as the iPhone 6 Plus, and adding new In-App Purchase option to enable premium features.
- Whole Food Market (formally Whole Food Recipes) (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whole-foods-market/id320029256?mt=8
Browse and save recipes, filter by special diets, see sales, create shopping lists, get your groceries delivered and explore tips and how-tos.
Kirby's responsibilities included design and implementation of the recipe manager, data synchronization across devices and the web-base client, and the implementation of numerous custom UI components.
- Medicomp SAVI for iOS (Development)https://www.medicompinc.com
Medicomp provides cardiac monitors and monitoring services.
Kirby's responsibilities included porting the Android version of their SAVI monitoring app to iOS. This included building a communication layer between the application and the heart monitor using both the External Accessory Framework and Core Bluetooth, implementation of the ECG monitoring processing, automatic and manual recordings of symptoms, and collecting and reporting data to the Medicomp back-end services.
- ICE at TJU (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ice-at-tju/id893651047?mt=8
iCE is a unique learning environment developed at Thomas Jefferson University for use by its students. The iCE environment leverages the power of the iPad enabling faculty to produce highly interactive learning content for students. iCE: interactive Curricula Experience.
Kirby's responsibilities included designing and implementing the iPad app, and working closely with the UI designers to ensure a great user experience. Project highlights include the offline storage that makes it possible to download complete courseware material, including PDF, Excel, and other documents, for offline viewing.
- Photos to Photos (Development)
Photos to Photos is a fun, free social game of photo comparisons where your humor and skills are put to the test.
Kirby's responsibilities included writing the multi-player game engine in Node.js and synch data with Parse.com.
- Filosync (Development)
Secured file sharing that you control.
Kirby's responsibilities included designing and developing the iOS app for iPhone and iPad, integrating the app with Amazon AWS services, and providing a streamline UI design for the application.
- Learning iPad Programming: A Hands-On Guide to Building iPad App (Other amazing things)http://www.amazon.com/Learning-iPad-Programming-Hands--Building/dp/0321885716/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1446492261&sr=8-1&keywords=learning+iPad+programming&linkCode=sl1&tag=whitepeaksoft-20&linkId=1ca612157f1ece359a583c2aa670b618
Author of Learning iPad Programming, 1st and 2nd Editions.
FrameworksCocoa Touch, Cocoa, Web2py, Core Bluetooth, Core Data
ToolsBitbucket, GitHub Pages, GitHub, Hockey SDK, Xcode, Middleman, Jekyll, PaintCode, Git, Sublime Text, PyCharm, Sketch
PlatformsMacOS, iOS, Parse
StorageJSON, SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Libraries/APIsParse SDK, Dropbox API, Facebook API, Mantle, Node.js
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, REST
- Partially completed Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science1986 - 1989Memphis State University - Memphis, TN