Verified Expert in Engineering
Leo is a full-stack developer, technology enthusiast, and University of Waterloo CS fellow. With a full-hearted pursuit in the web development field, Leo has led and engineered products in both React and AngularJS; built back ends in Ruby on Rails and Django; architected full-stack applications with REST or GraphQL; and leveraged databases, such as MySQL, Postgres DB, and Firebase, all with his peculiarly strict standards for Git commits.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Git, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I have accomplished is migrating a 10-year-old codebase that faces millions of users.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and deployed a pillar on-call procedure with an escalation process, risk assessment, and rotation that serves as the backbone of upholding high product quality and driving patient satisfaction levels past 90%.
- Designed and led the implementation of a large-size product feature that allows millions of patients to submit client personalized registration forms effortlessly, proving value for the Cedar Pre product and improvement.
- Navigated through difficulties, integrating with external vendors and the largest health system in South Caroline with millions of end users to a successful launch of the Cedar-Pre product, contributing to a contracted annual revenue of millions.
- Managed and guided a software engineer intern on a client-facing, highly requested product feature to completion, providing an exceptional internship experience and growth opportunity.
- Wrote extensive documentation and mentored all new engineers into the pillar, achieving increased engineering efficiency and satisfaction.
- Reduced server response time significantly, using different caching strategies, assets management, and database querying optimization in MySQL.
- Architected and implemented a front-end system for a React application with MUI, styled components, and animation using React Pose.
- Incorporated React strategies, such as higher-order components, render props, and global state management, using Apollo client caching.
- Leveraged the proxy pattern in the back-end Ruby on Rails application to retrieve and process financial data through third-party REST APIs.
- Migrated over 70% of the legacy codebase in PHP and Rails 3 to Rails 5 to a smart (dynamic) components architecture.
- Proposed and developed a GraphQL endpoint for its advantage of a single data source while developing a GraphQL schema foundation in Rails and a reusable mutation query structure in React with Apollo.
- Managed assets, using Webpacker in Rails for optimization.
- Promoted code quality and standards by implementing various custom Git commit hooks.
- Employed a PHP mass detector and PHP linting tools to maintain code integrity and visibility among the development team.
- Streamlined developer workflow process by developing custom Jira development dashboards and queries.
- Performed bi-weekly sprints, story point estimations, retrospectives, and code reviews in an agile manner.
Cloud Apps Software Developer
- Leveraged a UI/UX designer's expertise and excelled in redesigning Autodesk Fusion Life Cycle's main UI.
- Initiated additional measures for page load time performance and UI improvements.
- Strived for a detailed inspection of a peer code review and suggestive comments.
- Skillfully practiced the use of AngularJS and SASS for feature development.
C/C++ Software Programmer
- Created several in-house utilities, leveraging object-oriented architecture, parallel processing, and command line support.
- Designed a graphical user interface for utilities, using Qt Creator with an MVC architecture.
- Delivered projects using GDAL (Geospatial Data Abstraction Library), Boost, and Qt libraries for data processing and manipulation.
Imagine Communications Corp
- Created a full record logging feature for all critical user interactions with the company's media software.
- Identified and conducted fixes to software regarding 32 bits and 64 bits operating system discrepancies.
- Operated and maintained version control using Mercurial and CVS.
❖ Handled storage and database using the Firebase cloud storage.
❖ Composed and designed a rich mobile front-end interface using React-Native for iOS and Android devices.
❖ Built reusable components throughout for simplicity and maintainability.
❖ Fluent with the Apple credentials set up and Testflight upload configuration using FastLane.
❖ Incorporated Crashalytics to monitor potential testing failures.
❖ Prepared to scale the application with a back-end REST API and Node.js for the web application.
University Club Website
❖ Hosted the application on an Amazon EC2 instance and routed it with Route 52.
❖ Utilized a semantics UI for visuals and a responsive design.
❖ Integrated an in-page PDF reader, feedback form submission, and Google API integration for location.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Tailwind CSS, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Cypress, React Native, Django, Flutter
React, REST APIs, JSON API, Node.js, Google Maps API
Jira, Git, RSpec, Docker Compose, JSS, Grunt, Qt Creator, Webpack 4, Babel
Agile Software Development, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Development (CD), REST, E2E Testing
Firebase, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Web, Netlify, MacOS, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
Freelancing, Gatsby, Semantic UI, Apollo, Networking, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Waterloo - Waterloo, Ontario, Canada