Senior Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTDatometry
Technologies: Erlang, C, Python, Docker
- Developed a database driver (ODBC) in C.
- Improved a testing suite in Python.
- Improved the main product, a DB virtualized in Erlang.
- Worked with TDD, ensuring a greeen pass all the time.
CTO and Co-Founder2017 - 2018100 Bricks/100 Ladrillos
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, AWS
- Created and developed a marketplace to buy and sell "real estate stocks."
- Designed and developed an accountable reliable system that can keep track of all user's money accounts.
- Managed all servers in AWS, ensuring to deliver the content in the fastest way possible.
- Included e2e and unit testing in every commit of myself and the team.
- Developed a dashboard to manage and control all aspects of the web app.
- Designed the whole database schema for the web app.
Co-founder, Back-end Developer2016 - 2017Up IQ
Technologies: Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, AWS, Groovy on Grails
- Managed a productive AWS infrastructure that could deliver millions of unique landing pages in milliseconds.
- Designed and developed a system in Python that precomputes and saves millions of unique landing pages.
- Wrote dozens of SQL queries to extract data permutations on a database.
- Maintained in production a big legacy system written in Groovy on Grails.
- Optimized the pages for a better SEO and Google indexing.
Co-founder, CTO2012 - 2015Kueski
Technologies: Ruby, Sinatra, MongoDB, MySQL, AWS, NginX, Ubuntu, jQuery
- Wrote a feature in jQuery that monitors the user behavior through the website. This is used later as data in the machine learning system.
- Connected with plenty of 3rd party web services that provide data.
- Automated the loan money transfer to clients.
- Recruited and hired a world class team of ten engineers.
- Used map reduce and wrote a system that can compute hundreds of variables from the data available. This was used for the production credit risk model and the data scientists to build the next model version.
- Created an automated system that sends an SMS/email to clients on their loan payment due date.
- Created a dashboard used by our internal team for client support and loan collection.
- Fully developed the first version of a web application that provides online loans in minutes.
Intern - Software Developer Engineer2012 - 2012Ooyala
Technologies: Ruby, Sinatra, MySQL, AWS
- Learned web development.
- Developed a couple of micro-services.
- Coded a file uploader and downloader before HTML5.
Game Developer2009 - 2012Grand Tiki Games
Technologies: Virtools, Unity3D
- Coded hook physics into interactive buttons to behave with simple harmonic motion.
- Coded a full iOS platform game with Unity3D.
- Created a random level generator.
Software Developer Engineer2007 - 2009Microsoft
- Coded features for Word 2010.
- Fixed several bugs that were shipped in Office 2007 Service Pack 2.