Verified Expert in Engineering
Mobile Apps Developer
Leonid has a decade of experience with Java, C++, and C in the mobile app domain. He's worked with major OEMs, including Samsung Electronics, and Sony Mobile, among others. Over the past several years, he worked with the Android platform—including app development and support, framework (bug-fixing and feature implementation), Android HAL adaptation, and Android kernel work (debugging and bug-fixing). Leonid worked in teams of all sizes, from two to over 50 members.
Git, Android Studio
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a custom Java virtual machine for Android devices.
Principal Software Engineer
- Developed an Android application with a cross-platform native library written on C++14.
- Implemented the responsible UI using modern Kotlin best practices.
- Created the learning materials for new Java to Kotlin developers.
- Implemented the new UI and functionality for a PIM application for Android.
- Developed a UI and functionality; also bug-fixed a health application for Android-based STBs.
- Fixed the bugs in Android Bluetooth HAL and handled the audio routing for TV entertainment systems based on Android.
- Implemented the intelligence service IPC communication protocol, QML communications, and a core service functionality for a smartphone that was based on MER OS.
Samsung R&D Russia
- Generated the C89 code for several Java features such as virtual function support and more.
- Patched up an Android system to support running AOT compiled code.
- Supported a camera application and camera HAL; ported it from Android Gingerbread to Android ICS and bug-fixed.
- Implemented the new UI, optimized the performance/memory usage, developed features and bug-fixed the following Android applications: calling UI, home screen, calendar, contacts, and more.
- Developed new widgets using a C++ Skia library, event propagation, and improved an RML player functionality.
- Implemented new features, monitored the filesystem improvements, bug-fixed, localized, and developed the UI for a Symbian S60 application.
Electronic Billboard App Porting
Java, Kotlin, C, C++, Bash Script
Android, Linux, Parse Server
Android NDK, Android Studio, Git, Eclipse IDE, Jira, Gradle
Parse SDK, Picasso, Firebase Android SDK, REST APIs, Retrofit
Master's Degree in Mathematics and System Programming
N. I. Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod - Nizhny Novgorod, Russia