Tech Lead Manager2018 - PRESENTAdQuick
Technologies: Redis, PostgreSQL, Redux, TypeScript, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Led the development of a programmatic OOH advertising platform with third-party API integrations and a rich user interface.
- Optimized queries and structured cache mechanisms to improve the scalability and general stability of the web app.
- Developed an overview of the OOH markets displaying over 600,000 units of inventory in a live map interface.
Tech Lead2017 - 2018DigitalOcean
Technologies: MySQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Go
- Developed a monitoring system that enables customers to check the health of their virtual machines running on the DigitalOcean cloud.
- Increased reliability of the monitoring system by consuming the monitoring data from Kafka topics.
- Implemented a notification integration with slack and a webhook notification system.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2017Instacart
Technologies: Redis, Sidekiq, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Developed the assignment system for all deliveries that informed every shopper about their next delivery.
- Built an operational dashboard for the shopper support team, showing the current state and next step for every shopper. I developed visual alerts for delayed deliveries and integrated chat to communicate with the shoppers.
- Developed a user-activation email campaign that sent a collection of emails over 21 days, inviting users who created an account but didn't place an order to use the product. I also ran A/B test and got great results.
- Improved the overall infrastructure of the development environment by creating the prototype of what became the hub of communication between the back-end services that powers the business.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015Hashrocket
- Provided consulting for a variety of customers, helping them shape their products, develop MVPs, or scale their systems.
- Developed new features and improved legacy code on Adobe Tag Manager.
- Built the first version of Barnes & Noble's textbook digital platform called Yuzu.
Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2013Globo.com
- Developed an integration with Facebook's Open Graph API to create social widgets for a news portal.
- Created a recommendation system based on collaborative filtering to find articles that would match a user profile.
- Built a real-time analytics system showing news editors which news items were converting more at a given time and providing insights on how to improve the wording and formatting to increase conversion.