Developer2011 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: iOS, OS X, ASP.NET, Xamarin
- Developed an application that used WebRTC to video call between various different platforms.
- Worked at Steady App, building their iOS client.
- Developed parts of the iOS and Xcode course on Pluralsight.
- Wrote an ASP.NET MVC-based application for a distributor of phone parts in the Netherlands.
- Developed an OS X project with Xamarin for pharmacies.
- Created various iOS, Android, and hybrid solutions for PON Automobiles, the importer of Volkswagen and related car brands in the Netherlands.
iOS Developer2019 - 2020GemVision
Technologies: WebRTC, Swift, iOS, Android, Web, Xcode, MVVM
- Created a WebRTC based real-time communications application from scratch.
- Made it work together with the already existing web, smart glass, and Android clients.
- Improved efficiencies in development processes.
- Managed one other iOS developer.
- Dealt with a lot of concurrency issues that arise from complex websocket implementations and WebRTC.
Lead iOS Developer2019 - 2020ClockAssist
Technologies: iOS, Xcode, Swift, MVVM, Cocoa, MacOS
- Worked on determining the features for the mobile client and the UX.
- Built the iOS client from scratch using Swift.
- Delivered the MVP in just 15 days of working.
- Worked on the macOS client.
- Managed to improve efficiency to less than 1% of one CPU core.
Senior iOS Developer2018 - 2019Steady App (via Toptal)
Technologies: Swift, Git, Xcode, MVVM, Reactive, C#, ASP.NET
- Delivered new features quickly and accurately.
- Restructured the authentication part of the application.
- Improved loading speeds using Reactive techniques.
- Restructured dependency injections.
- Improved the way designers communicated their designs to developers and communication in general.
Team Lead and iOS Developer2018 - 2018Hollywood.com (via Toptal)
- Created a HQ Trivia-like game from scratch.
- Built the initial MVP myself, including the Elixir websocket server and Python web views.
- Built a team around me once the MVP attracted funding existing of Python developers and an Android developer.
- Worked on streaming video and voting at scale.
- Contributed key decisions on what features we liked for the app and how they would work.
iOS Developer2017 - 2017Feldspar Studios (via Toptal)
Technologies: Swift, C++
- Created the navigation structure using a router pattern.
- Implemented the whole onboarding and login experience.
- Implemented live voice transformation.
- Helped improve the performance of the recording and playback screens.
- Implemented push notifications.
RokaCom iOS Developer2016 - 2017RokaCom (via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, Swift
- Maintained a large secure VoIP and chat application written in Objective-C.
- Refactored and improved the legacy code towards something that works reliably, is user-friendly, and is much more maintainable.
- Added an onboarding experience including designs for icons so users would feel less intimidated giving the application rights to use the camera, microphone, and send push notifications.
- Automated the build and snapshot process using fastlane and Jenkins.
- Made the application support multi-user scenarios instead of only 1:1 communication.
- Implemented the API calls in Swift leaving a good foundation for the future.
- Pivoted the product to enterprise users.
Developer2012 - 2015Velocity Partners
Technologies: iOS, ASP.NET, C#
- Updated the AXS iOS application to version 2.0 and maintained the application afterward.
- Maintained the Getty Images website and related brands (ThinkStock, for example) in ASP.NET.
- Interviewed and mentored iOS candidates for the company.
- Made frequent presentations about iOS development.
- Prepared coding tests and questionnaires for iOS candidates.
Developer2012 - 2012Senet
Technologies: C#, WPF
- Worked on a custom application to aid the whole workflow of intake to aftercare for cancer patients in a hospital called Cure.
- Researched the viability of offshoring the maintenance of the application.
- Guided releases of Cure.
- Automated the development, testing, staging, and live workflow for releases.
- Maintained an application that tracks the health of livestock for Merck Animal Health.
Developer2007 - 2011Itelligence Benelux
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, ASP Classic
- Maintained and updated an application for a large insurance company called IAK.
- Created an enrollment site for the Maastricht School of Management.
- Designed a management solution for time tracking.
- Maintained the website for the largest air ticket company in the Netherlands in ASP.NET (www.cheaptickets.nl).
- Created an insurance module for Cheaptickets.nl.
- Developed a CV portal for Welten that allowed recruiters to send tailor-made CVs to potential candidates in PDF.