- Created an affiliate tracking system using PHP and MongoDB. Created a coupon management system, and integrated with the affiliation.
- Reworked purchase flow as a multi-step funnel, with a role-dependent experience and multiple possible entry points. Used Stripe API.
- Modernized existing PHP application extracting presentation logic and introducing layouts and unit tests using PHPUnit and Composer.
- Implemented Optimizely for A/B testing.
- Engaged with multiple marketing-driven projects with very short turnaround in a near-continuous deployment environment.
Front-end Developer2013 - 2013TST Media Inc. (via Toptal)
- Created a live sports scoring single-page application.
- Added new features to a client-side heavy, real-time web and mobile application.
Front-end Developer2012 - 2012Neuron Fuel Inc. (via Toptal)
- Developed a graphics painting application for the web (similar to MS Paint).
- Used the HTML5 canvas element to work on a graphics editor, extending the basic feature set with advanced features such as oval pen, 2D transforms, selection tools, cropping, etc.
Back-end Developer2012 - 2012Idle Games (via Toptal)
- Coded an administration tool for a social gaming title, leveraging and pushing the envelope on the Django admin (identified and fixed breaking points).
- Developed new generic views for reporting in Django and efficient retrieval of large datasets from Mongo DB.
- Created business critical APIs directly impacting monetization and game server operation.
- Handled performance sensitive work and was capable of handling a large scale operation.
- Implemented TDD and extensive unit-test coverage.
Software Developer2008 - 2012Hive Solutions
- Developed core technology for a company-sponsored Colony Framework open source project (featuring full-text search and UI widget library adapter).
- Developed back-end logic in Python, using Colony Framework and its MVC stack for an online invoicing solution.
- Used MySQL GIS functions to handle location-based search on a large knowledge base.
- Developed a stock management tool in C# and integrated it with Microsoft Excel.
Front-end Developer2011 - 2011RotoReality (via Toptal)
- Developed the Django templates for a Fantasy Sports web application.
- Worked extensively on the front-end doing everything from slicing the initial PNG mockups to creating the HTML and CSS and writing the actual Django templates.
Project Promoter, Lead Developer2007 - 2009Roda.cc Project
Technologies: Ruby On Rails, ActiveMerchant, Prolog
- Developed and launched a crowdfunding platform focused on Peer-To-Peer Loans.
- Kicked-off a private beta with friends and family with real cash and loans.
- Wrote a simple yet very effective loan matching system in Prolog to support the platform operation.
- Wrote MSc thesis on “Combining Loan Requests and Investment Offers in Peer-To-Peer Lending”, and eventually presented the work in Intelligent Agents and Technologies for e-Business (IAT4EB) workshop in European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI) 2010.
- Failed to obtain regulatory clearance in Portugal, but assembled a team with the required skills and handed over the project.
Support Engineer2007 - 2008Enabler Wipro
Technologies: Oracle DB, PL/SQL, Korn, AIX, Holos (Legacy OLAP)
- Handled third-line support (specialist level) for bespoke systems used by the Pricing Team of the Marketing Department of the largest retailer in Portugal (€5 billion revenue).
- Implemented functions including everything from getting the bug report from the second-line of support, performing test case reduction, analyzing a substantial quantity of legacy code and complex integration flows, diagnosing the problem, and implementing a solution that effectively fixed it in production.
- Assumed effective responsibility for the system as whole and performed training of new staff.
Software Developer2007 - 2008Enabler Wipro
Technologies: Oracle DB, PL/SQL, Business Objects
- Developed custom reports for the competitive intelligence team of a big retailer.
- Interfaced with the price benchmarking team to identify the business needs for the reports.
- Handled performance optimization for a series of existing reports using Oracle DBMS proprietary features.
Integration Developer2007 - 2008Enabler Wipro
Technologies: Oracle DB, PL/SQL, Java EE
- Developed an integration flow for one of the largest retailers in the world (£60 billion).
- Customized an Oracle Retail Pricing Management solution, a Java EE stack, to operate with one of the company’s master data management systems.
- Worked in the clients’ offices in the UK and traveled to Bangalore for knowledge transfer and training in the clients’ offshore development center.