Member since September 16, 2014
Luka is a team leader and software engineer focused on building back-end solutions with infrastructure integrations. With a professional experience of more then six years, he's fluent with Node.js, SQL, and NoSQL databases as well as AWS. Achieving great solutions for him means building a great team with standardized procedures like PR-s, CI/CD, testing, linting, and immutable deployment.
Software Developer/Team Lead2015 - PRESENTIvySpace
Technologies: Node.js, PostgreSQL, AWS
- Worked in a small, remotely-based team that built https://www.ivyspace.com/ from scratch to production.
- Monitored and led new team members on the back-end and infrastructure.
- Built up architecture for the back-end with pre-commit hooks for code quality rules (ESLint) and testing (unit and integration).
- Connected the project to GitHub with continuous integration and testing done on Codeship and AWS. Made a CI/CD infrastructure with end-to-end testing using Selenium.
- Configured services on AWS like EBS, Routing, Databases (RDS, DynamoDB), and Lambda.
Software Engineer/Team Leader2014 - 2015The Hyperactive
Technologies: Node.js, Android, AngularJS, Couchbase (lite)
- Led technical initiatives on a client-based startup project.
- Contributed to various projects, mostly front-end oriented.
- Set up the architectural design for a medium-sized project and worked it until production.
- Introduced Agile methodology for organizational purposes (Scrum, JIRA).
- Developed a company mobile site and various front-end responsive widgets.
Software Engineer2012 - 2014Infobip
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Grails, Kibana, Elasticsearch
- Worked on a back-end part of the system containing of business logic, data stores, and logic for handling communications with mobile libraries and front-end.
- Deployed and provided administration for the back-end in production.
- Administered and worked on handling data in MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Collaborated with a highly motivated team adopting Scrum methodology with two-week sprints.
- Communicated with clients in an earlier phase of project.
- A Node.js Guide to Actually Doing Integration Tests (Publication)Your software isn’t fully tested until you write integration tests for it. While unit tests help ensure that functions are properly written, integration tests help ensure that the system is working properly as a whole. In this article, Toptal Software Engineer Luka Blažecki uses Node.js to explain why integration testing is important for every development platform and how to write clean, composable integration tests.
ToolsGit, Sequelize, Codeship, Mongoose, Jira, IDEA IDE
PlatformsAmazon Web Services (AWS), Unix
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Agile Software Development, Scrum, Test-driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
StorageNoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra
- Master of Science in Computing degree in Software Engineering and Information Systems2011 - 2013University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing - Zagreb