Verified Expert in Engineering
Luka is a team leader and software engineer focused on building back-end solutions with infrastructure integrations. With a professional experience of more then six years, he's fluent with Node.js, SQL, and NoSQL databases as well as AWS. Achieving great solutions for him means building a great team with standardized procedures like PR-s, CI/CD, testing, linting, and immutable deployment.
The most amazing...
...project I've created is a heavy reliable, highly scalable, queue-based, multi-component Node.js service.
Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead
- Led the rebuild process to a new system based on AWS cloud supporting both mobile and web requirements using GraphQL.
- Managed the migration of the vehicle to back-end communication from the old proprietary WebSocket protocol to the new MQTT protocol.
- Build several services written in Java and Node.js/TypeScript.
- Led the rebuild process from an older inadequate system to a new that could fulfill clients' needs and business requests.
- Migrated data from unstructured MongoDB to PostgreSQL.
- Rewrote the whole API layer to new GraphQL so clients' requirements could be easily extendable.
Software Developer/Team Lead
- Worked in a small, remotely-based team that built https://www.ivyspace.com/ from scratch to production.
- Monitored and led new team members on the back end and infrastructure.
- Built up architecture for the back end with pre-commit hooks for code quality rules (ESLint) and testing (unit and integration).
- Connected the project to GitHub with continuous integration and testing done on Codeship and AWS. Made a CI/CD infrastructure with end-to-end testing using Selenium.
- Configured services on AWS like EBS, Routing, Databases (RDS, DynamoDB), and Lambda.
Software Engineer/Team Leader
- Led technical initiatives on a client-based startup project.
- Contributed to various projects, mostly front-end oriented.
- Set up the architectural design for a medium-sized project and worked it until production.
- Introduced Agile methodology for organizational purposes (Scrum, JIRA).
- Developed a company mobile site and various front-end responsive widgets.
- Worked on a back-end part of the system containing of business logic, data stores, and logic for handling communications with mobile libraries and front-end.
- Deployed and provided administration for the back-end in production.
- Administered and worked on handling data in MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Collaborated with a highly motivated team adopting Scrum methodology with two-week sprints.
- Communicated with clients in an earlier phase of project.
Node.js APNs Driver
Because of the slow and unreliable modules, I created, tested, and put in production a new one. This module uses the APNs error report to find the last notification sent and thus confirm the reception of all prior notifications.
Express.js, Grails, AngularJS
Git, Sequelize, Codeship, Mongoose, Jira, IDEA IDE, WebStorm, GitHub, Kibana
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, Apache Kafka, Unix
Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Scrum, Test-driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Couchbase, InfluxDB, Redis, Cassandra
Master of Science in Computing Degree in Software Engineering and Information Systems
University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing - Zagreb
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring