Luuk van Egeraat
Verified Expert in Engineering
Lucas is a software engineer. At the age of 10, he began wondering how to communicate with computers. This passion, which started two decades ago, has developed into a strong ability to translate stories and envisioned product sketches into computer-readable languages. Lucas primarily works with TypeScript and utilizes frameworks like React to build UIs. For APIs, he leverages either Next.js or Vanilla Node.js.
The most amazing...
...apps I've built as a lead TypeScript dev were for Riot Games to provide data access management, real-time analysis, and AI/ML insights to tournament data.
Chief Technology Officer
- Contributed to Open Cluster, a cross-platform set of tools and solutions for scholarly funding, publishing, and conferences designed to build an equitable ecosystem for research, innovation, and communication.
- Led the development of a payment processing system accepting crypto and credit card payment methods.
- Enabled the creation and trading of custom non-fungible tokens for academic research groups.
- Led the development of a system to process manuscript submissions for peer review and publication.
Lead TypeScript Developer
- Led the development of applications that manage and visualize esports-related data, specific to League of Legends (Riot Games) and Counter-Strike (ESL).
- Built an experimental low-latency video streaming service.
- Implemented three major applications for various in-house teams and Riot Games to manage and automatically process large amounts of esports tournament metadata.
Lead Full-stack Web Developer
- Created software and provided support for all SkillsTown IT services.
- Was the lead developer in four major projects: Video Feedback Pro, Essential Editor, Skin Editor, and Request for Change.
- Integrated the Jira API to enable employees to directly request new features and bug fixes in the Request for Change application.
Lead Front-end Developer
De Nationale Hypotheekbond
- Set up a new React-based application stack and implemented it in six calculation tools used by customers and professionals.
- Implemented an advanced testing suite using E2E testing using headless browsers and unit testing of all FE software components.
- Set up CI deployment software connected to their Git monorepo.
Lead Full-stack Developer
- Worked for a recruiting and testing company, maintaining and improving multiple modern web applications that provide services to customers and test candidates.
- Did full-stack development on all applications the company owns and runs.
- Designed and implemented a system that integrated various APIs, including our own developed Python API for testing the programming abilities of applicants.
- Set up the build process and development environment using Brunch, Bower, PhoneGap, and the Amazon S3 API. Remente developed a mobile application for Karolinska Institute. The internet therapy department used this application to help ADHD patients.
- Developed the AngularJS application and implemented the HTML/CSS delivered by Erik Frisk, design/UX specialist.
- Developed filtering and sorting algorithms based on the requirements of the researchers.
Web Application Developer
Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal
- Contributed to OC Journals. OC Journals publish scientific research articles and review articles and communication after full peer review. I set up the AWS cloud-based infrastructure to increase performance and reduce costs.
- Developed an AngularJS web application originally hosted at Csbj.org.
- Implemented PDF.js from Mozilla, making the website plugin-free while loading PDFs faster than with Adobe Reader. This approach to displaying articles also avoids the manual work of transforming a PDF into an HTML document, saving time and money.
- Wrote a fast search and filtering feature, allowing users to filter on article type, journal, journal volume, and preprints and search through titles and authors.
Web Application Developer
- Contributed to StockIt, an online marketplace for international timber merchants. I created the MVP StockIt used to gain traction and compete with other startups at Chalmers Innovation. I set up an Amazon EC2 server to serve the webpage and the StockIt API.
- Designed and set up the DynamoDB database and created a custom stock list designer, allowing users to easily copy stock lists and turn them into offers on the website.
- Implemented a real-time bidding system, including a permission model needed to protect bidders and gain market data.
Web Application Developer
- Worked with Francesco Gatto, a Ph.D. student at Nielsen's Systems and Synthetic Biology group at the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering. His research is focused on modeling cancer metabolic reprogramming using genome-scale metabolic networks.
- Created, together with my university project group, the Cancer Transcriptome Database, a restructured version of the Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) database to be more optimized for Francesco's research.
- Created a web GUI using AngularJS to explore the API we provided with the database.
Lead Front-end Developer
Bullingdon Research Limited
- Worked on a data-visualization app for finance experts consisting of 27 pages and nine page types. Incorporated multiple HTML5 features to create an elegant design.
- Implemented a style makeover using PSD delivered by the lead designer. Created all templates by hand and did on-demand pixel fitting with the designer.
- Implemented CSS preprocessing, allowing the team to use the more elegant LESS language, reducing the codebase even more, and making future refactoring jobs easier.
- Built a cover page for marketing purposes with a price calculator and a video viewer using YouTube.
- Created a CSV uploader/editor/processor to be used when financial experts want to add custom data to their datasets.
- Created an entire app for Aafje, a social services foundation in need of a searchable and editable list of firms and services.
- Included an easy viewer-to-editor toggle feature, allowing all fields to be edited.
- Implemented a basic account system used for administrators of the app.
- Allowed the app to create backups of all data, which can be downloaded and saved on the server.
- Wrote the functionality allowing the list to be sorted, filtered, and searched through. The algorithm used allowed for misspellings of words.
Dutch Didit B.V.
- Created a prediction game with leaderboards, monthly prizes, score calculations, questions and answers, an accounting system, and support for multiple languages. This app was later sold to a leading Dutch newspaper.
- Wrote all HTML/CSS for both the mobile and desktop version of the app using the PSD given by the lead designer.
- Made the app compatible with IE8+ and all modern browsers.
- Connected the app with a back end API using Ajax with JSON.
Strait Solutions B.V.
- Contributed to Strait Solutions, a company that develops websites, designs, and campaigns for customers.
- Created the websites using custom markup code based on a design given by the lead designer.
- Implemented the company's website for customer onboarding.
- Built a custom interface based on the Blogger CMS.
- Founded Lukosite in order to develop programming skills through real projects.
- Created an app for a photographer that could upload photos, add watermarks, and view a gallery.
- Taught myself website design by inspecting code from a number of other sites.
Esports Data Management for Riot Gameshttps://www.bayesesports.com/odds
Mortgage and Insurance Calculation Toolshttps://consumenten.hypotheekbond.nl/rekentools/
Bootstrap, Express.js, Next.js, AngularJS, Tailwind CSS, Redux, Angular, Svelte, PhoneGap
Google API, Node.js, Backbone.js, React, REST APIs, Web3.js, D3.js
Git, GitHub, Webpack, Flash, Figma
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Extreme Programming, REST, Unit Testing, UI Design
Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Blockchain, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ethereum, Docker, Firebase
MongoDB, NoSQL, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), JSON, Amazon DynamoDB, Google Cloud
Ajax, Lean Development, Mobile Web, WebSockets, HTTP, Web Standards, Version Control, APIs, Front-end, Responsive Design, Single-page Applications (SPA), Full-stack, SaaS, Back-end, Cross-browser Compatibility, Data Visualization, User Interface (UI), Charts, Full-stack Development, Architecture, Server Security, Cryptocurrency, User Experience (UX), Cloud, Front-end Development, CTO, ChatGPT, Artificial Intelligence (AI), LangChain, OpenAI GPT-4 API, Machine Learning, Chatbots, Typing
High School Degree in Information Technology and Physics
Develstein College - Zwijndrecht, Netherlands