- Lead Web DeveloperQuocific2012 - 2013
- Quocific creates on-line web applications that help customers make informed decisions. I worked on a product that helps users decide which conveyancer to contact when buying or selling property.
- Set up a backend for the app using NodeJS that includes an API for authentication, searching, and mailing.
- Created a MongoDB database to contain over half a million records of property transactions that were collected from the UK registry. The app's rating and search system is based on this data.
- Wrote the frontend for the application to be compatible with iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod), Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.
- Included functionality in the frontend to handle both touch and mouse swiping, saving all inputs to LocalStorage.
- Used HTML5 geolocation API and a simple algorithm to implement a proximity search feature for real estate firms and properties.
- Lead Frontend DeveloperBullingdon Research Limited2012 - 2012
- Worked on a data-visualization app for finance experts consisting of 27 pages and 9 page types. Incorporated multiple HTML5 features to create an elegant design.
- Implemented a style make-over, using PSD delivered by the lead designer. Created all templates by hand and did on-demand pixel fitting with the designer.
- Implemented CSS pre-processing, allowing the team to use the more elegant LESS language, reducing the code base even more, and making future refactoring jobs easier.
- Built a cover page for marketing purposes with a price calculator and a video viewer (using Youtube).
- Created a CSV uploader / editor / processor to be used when financial experts want to add custom data to their data sets.
- Co-FounderBijtel V.O.F.2011 - 2012
- Created an entire app for the Aafje foundation, a social services foundation in need of a searchable and editable list of firms and services.
- Included an easy viewer-to-editor toggle feature, allowing all fields to be edited.
- Implemented an account system.
- Allowed the app to create backups of all data, which can be downloaded and saved on the server.
- Wrote functionality allowing the list to be sorted, filtered and searched through. The algorithm used allowed for misspellings of words.
- Frontend DeveloperDutch Didit B.V.2011 - 2012
- Created a predication game with leader boards, monthly prizes, score calculations, questions and answers, account system and support for multiple languages. This app was later sold to a leading Dutch newspaper.
- Wrote all HTML / CSS for both the mobile and desktop version of the app using the PSD given by the lead designer.
- Made the app compatible with IE8+ and all modern browsers.
- The app is connected to a backend API using AJAX with JSON.
- Web DeveloperStrait Solutions B.V.2010 - 2010
- Strait Solutions develops websites, designs and campaigns for customers.
- Created the websites using custom markup code, based off of a design given by the lead designer.
- Wrote the company's website.
- Used Blogger as a CMS.
- Web DeveloperLukosite2007 - 2009
- Founded Lukosite in order to develop programming skills through real projects.
- Created an app for a photographer that could upload photos, add watermarks, and view a gallery.
- Taught myself website design by inspecting code from a number of other sites.