CoffeeScript Developer in Mexico City, Mexico
Full Stack Web Developer2011 - 2014Innku
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, jQuery, PostgreSQL, HTML, CSS, CoffeeScript, Spine.js, MongoDB, EventMachine, AJAX, WebSockets, GoogleMaps
- Developed a real estate portal for the Brazilian market, campainha.com.br.
- Led the initial development of cursa.me, a successful subscription-based learning management system and internal social network for schools.
- Led the development of lifestyle.com.mx, a custom CMS fashion site.
- Led the development of Voto x Voto, a content and news aggregator covering the 2012 Mexican election for an important newspaper.
- Led the development of Cuidate, an internal web application for managing appointments and clinical history for a diabetes clinic.
- Led the development of a web application for managing projects, tasks, and internal communication between the technological enterprises accelerator Venture Institute and its accelerated projects.
- Participated as senior web developer in the development of rides.com.mx, a web platform for carpooling during trips across cities, inspired by Airbnb.
Developer and Cofounder2010 - 2010Rega.la
Technologies: Sinatra, OAuth, PostgreSQL, CoffeeScript, Braintree
- Co-founded Rega.la, a cause donation platform aimed at Grupal donations to support specific projects and campaigns. Produced the first iteration during a 7 day hackathon.
Web Developer2008 - 2010Centro Multimedia CNA
- Built a custom made CMS to publish activities and content for a cultural center.
- Developed a background task for the Rails CMS to transcode videos uploaded in any format to a common format.
- Created an open source Ruby library for inlining CSS styles in the HTML for making web mail services compatible with all email clients.
- Developed an open source Ruby library for parsing times, dates, and date ranges expressed in a natural language (Spanish) to facilitate managing the CMS activities.
- Created a registration site for applicants to a grants program offered by the cultural center.
- Rides (Development)
Rides is a carpooling service for sharing trip expenses when traveling across cities. Rides leverages trust circles provided by social networks, ensuring the safety of the participants, and provides payment mechanisms. The development team consisted of two developers, a product manager and a designer. Technologies include Ruby on Rails and Google Maps.
- Cursa.me (Development)
Cursa.me is a subscription-based social network and learning management system for schools. I was the lead developer in the original development team consisting of three developers, a designer, and a product manager. We produced a MVP in a period of two weeks. Technologies include Ruby on Rails and PosgreSQL.
- Campainha (Development)
Campainha is a real estate web app that allows agents to manage and publish properties and users to find properties by geographical search or matching criteria. Alerts can be created for property matching criteria.
I was the sole web developer for the version currently in use. Technologies include Ruby on Rails and Google Maps.
- inline_style (Development)http://github.com/maca/inline-style
A simple utility and Rack middleware for "in-lining" all CSS in the style attribute for the HTML tags. It is useful for HTML emails that won't correctly render style-sheets in some email clients.
- ruby-osc (Development)http://github.com/maca/ruby-osc
Open Sound Control protocol implementation in Ruby
- maquila (Development)https://github.com/maca/maquila
- tiny (Development)http://github.com/maca/tiny
A framework agnostic pure Ruby markup builder that is useful for defining view helpers or as a micro templating DSL.
- scruby (Development)http://github.com/maca/scruby
Sound synthesis, livecoding, and algorithmic music composition from Ruby, using the SuperCollider synthesis engine.
- arguments (Development)https://github.com/maca/arguments
A crazy meta-programming hack to emulate named keywords in previous Ruby implementations.
FrameworksCapybara, Sinatra, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
ToolsRSpec, Spine, Tmux, Vim Text Editor, Git
ParadigmsPlain Old Ruby Object (PORO), REST, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Agile Software Development, Functional Programming
Libraries/APIsNode.js, Rack, Sequel, Devise, AREL, CarrierWave, Braintree API, EventMachine, Google Maps, Ractive.js
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, CouchDB
OtherDomain-driven Design (DDD)
- Course degree in Geographical Informational Systems (QGis)2013 - 2013Rancho Electrónico - México DF
- Course degree in the SuperCollider Programming Language2010 - 2010Centro Multimedia - México DF
- Bachelor's degree in Multimedia Arts2004 - 2008Universidad Autonoma de Morelos - Morelos, México