Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Developer
Marco is a QA engineer enthusiastic about creating the next generation of automated frameworks to test web, mobile, and API. With over 13 years of experience in object-oriented development and automation using the latest technologies, leading project teams to adopt continuous integration and test automation, and extensive interest in and knowledge of automation, Android, and DevOps, he will be an excellent addition to your team.
The most amazing...
...projects I've designed were several automated frameworks from scratch for big companies, such as Anthem, American Airlines, CBRE, Wells Fargo, and Samsung.
AI Principle Architect
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Developed comprehensive automated testing framework for the Health operating system, resulting in notable improvement in the release sign-off process and enabled the team to get three releases in the last month, compared to three releases in 2020.
- Developed Quality Index, which represents the system's overall quality, including code quality, test coverage, defect rate, and resource capacity, resulting in better resource allocation across the organization (QA to Dev rate went from 1:3 to 1:12).
- Led and coordinated sign-off for 12 successful production releases for Health OS, Health OS Desktop, and Health Apps. By August 2021, Health OS was available via Provider online, reporting to around 76 000 attributed patients across the nation.
Senior Automation Architect
- Developed an automated framework from scratch using Typescript, Node.js, Serenity, and Azure DevOps. Built a CI/CD pipeline that runs UI, API, and Smoke tests on code merge.
- Automated all of the UAT test cases and regression suite resulting in money, time, and effort saving for my client.
- Ran all of UAT tests on each of Exelon's six operating companies by only changing config of the pipeline, resulting in huge budget cut for testing.
- Led and participated in all of the scrum ceremonies including design, code reviews, planning, grooming, and daily stand-up.
- Led online "mob" programming and code jam sessions.
Principle Salesforce Automation Architect
- Led the Salesforce Global Enterprise automation team. This team was collocated across the USA, India, Spain, and Ukraine.
- Designed the test framework (Project Phoenix) for a large enterprise Salesforce instance managed by CBRE. The framework helped CBRE in speeding up the release cycle from one release every month to one release every two weeks.
- Involved in all development phases including planning, design, writing stories, development, testing, and delivery with a heavy focus on automation and continuous integration phases.
- Built an automated framework to test the force.com API and a customized UI test for the Opportunity app used by GSE across EMEA, APAC, and AMER regions.
- Led design, code reviews, brain storming, and planning sessions.
Automation Architect and Team Lead
- Led the CDD (customer due diligence) automation team, and built an automated framework to test the cornerstone app using Java, Selenium, and Android platforms.
- Automated the "know your customer" (KYC) policies which are the cornerstone of effective background checks on the customer to ensure that they are properly risk assessed. This helped increase the test coverage by 70% and catch more defects.
- Integrated the automated tests into daily build pipelines, testing for those rules and scenarios using Java, Selenium, and Jenkins.
- Led code reviews, planning, and design sessions across multiple teams within Wells Fargo.
- Led the interview process and candidate screening for new hires (automation engineers).
- Set the standards for test automation and CI/CD best practices.
- Led the Agility Harmony automation, a design-testing framework to test API services, UI, and mobile devices, refactor old code, and communicate with other teams.
- Built a framework to automate checking emails and simulate user activities using an RTM system for Agility Harmony; automated tests helped the team release more features in each release and cut the manual testing time in half.
- Led code reviews, planning, and design sessions across multiple teams within Alliance Data.
- Led the interview process and candidate screening for new hires (automation engineers).
Senior Automation Lead
- Led the movement toward test automation by creating frameworks for responsive, adaptive, accessibility, localization, web analytics, and mobile app.
- Designed an automated solution to check if the AA.com website supports equal access to customers with diverse disabilities. The tests cover responsive, adaptive, hidden texts, color contrast, and alt tags.
- Developed the itemized price list (IPL) to show the prices of customer selections—the IPL contains average fare, your choice, and taxes and fees. Added an automated regression test suite to verify the main functionalities.
- Designed and implemented a framework for deep linking between US Airways and AA.Com. Handled all migrations from PNRs (passenger number records) to accept US Airways PNRs.
- Led code reviews, design sessions, and planning/grooming for automation stories and TCs.
Senior Automation Android Development in Test
Samsung North America
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to define, design, and implement the "S Voice" application for Samsung devices. Worked with outside data sources and APIs.
- Created an automated framework to test translations of 50+ languages that Samsung supports. used Resource Bundle and open source libraries to load the translations from external DB and assert the values based on provided translation for each country.
- Used Appium to create virtual machines to test on different handsets and configuration.
Hours Eye: Automation Framework, Client: American Airlines
Integrated with the pipeline to automate acceptance criteria for responsive design, mobile and adaptive design, accessibility standards, page flows, site localization, services, web analytics, and project integration.
Project Phoenix: Automated Framework/CBRE Group
This framework tests the application from the back end by creating payloads and sending them through the partner connection, then validate the response. The project saved millions of dollars by cutting the manual tests and increasing the coverage of automation.
Bucket IT: Automation Framework/Alliance Data and Wells Fargo
I designed this framework from scratch to test the Alliance data email server, using Java, Selenium, Gmail API, and real-time messaging systems. The Bucket provides a consistent reporting mechanism to track the test's runs. Created daily, release, and on-demand test buckets in Jenkins. I also used the same bucket concept for a CDD project with Wells Fargo.
Bingo! | Samsung North America
Customer Due Diligence Automation | Wells Fargo
Customer due diligence (CDD) or know your customer (KYC) policies are the cornerstones of effective background checks on the customer to ensure that they are properly risk assessed before being onboarded. Wells Fargo has set forth guidelines on proper CDD policies, and my team was responsible for automating the testing for those rules and scenarios using Java, Selenium, Cucumber, and Serenity BDD.
A11Y: Accessibility Standards for Year 2011 | AA.COM
PSS 90 DDD: Passenger Service System | AA.COM
After the merger with US Airways, the AA.com website handled all of US Airways flight searches, schedules, view reservations, and trip tracking. In this project, we designed and implemented a framework to do the deep linking between US Airways and AA.com and handle all of the migrated PNRs (passenger number records) to accept US Airways PNRs.
Agility Unity Automation | Alliance Data
Main Cabin Extra Seat (MCE SEAT) | AA.COM
American Airlines added a new type of seats to 777, 737, and 757 aircraft. These seats have extra legroom (extra space) and all of AA.com customers are eligible to get these for extra fees. This project added this feature to AA.com so the customer can select, purchase, change, edit, and manage selection of these seats.
Samsung S-VOICE (Voice Talk) | Samsung North America
S Voice is a virtual mobile assistant that uses speech recognition to turn your words into actions. Simply speak into your phone to connect with the people and activities that are important to you. You can use S Voice to send text and email messages, search the web, use Google Maps, update Twitter, Facebook, and more!
Global Salesforce Enterprise Automation | CBRE
.NET, Selenium, TestNG, Cypress, Protractor, Android SDK, Spring, React Native, Spring Boot, JUnit, Appium
Puppeteer, React, REST APIs, Node.js, WebDriver, EasyMock
Git, Cucumber, SoapUI, Postman, Jira, xUnit, Jenkins, HP Quality Center (QC), SonarQube, Serenity BDD, GitHub, Android Studio, TFS, Android Debug Bridge, Apache JMeter, GitLab CI/CD
Azure DevOps, Test Automation, Manual Testing, Automated Testing, Non-functional Testing, Functional Testing, Automation, Agile, Microservices
Android, Salesforce, iOS, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, WebSphere, Docker
MongoDB, JSON, SQLite
QA Automation, Quality Assurance (QA), QA Testing, QA Test Plan Management, API Testing, Leading Quality Assurance (LQA), Quality Management, Test Planning, Test Automation Frameworks, Manual QA, Test Scripting, Mobile App Testing, Android Testing, Sauce Labs, eCommerce, Playwright, EF6 Code First, CAPTCHA, Espresso, Containerization, Serenity, GRID, Google, Gmail, SDKs
Master's Degree in Computer Science
M.I.U University of Management - Fairfield, IA