Software Consultant2018 - PRESENTVasna Tech
Technologies: Java, RxJava, Hystrix, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Kotlin, REST, JSON, JSON/XML Schemas, AppDynamics, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Apache Kafka, Couchbase, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Guice, Vert.x, MySQL, RESTEasy, Unit Testing, JUnit, Integration Testing, AssertJ, Mockito, Jira, Data Modeling, HTTP, Docker, Cloud Storage, AWS Step Functions, NoSQL, Relational Databases, Algorithms, Gradle, Apache Maven, Data Structures, Java Concurrency, Reflection, JPA, Logging, Web Services
- Developed a mobile banking application that enables customers to legally transfer funds between their accounts located in separate countries. Provided support to bank accounts located in more than ten countries.
- Created and deployed the first module of a solution fully-implemented with Kotlin programming language.
- Built my own testing tools to test REST APIs and Kafka streams.
- Created a scalable and highly available service to open a trained neural network agent functionality to a broader client base.
- Built a Java Commons library containing client modules like HTTP, streaming, and NoSQL database to serve various projects.
- Implemented unit and integration tests with over 95% code coverage.
Senior Java Developer | Data-driven Sales Platform2022 - 2023POTENTIAL ENERGY LABS INC dba Atrium
Technologies: Java, SQL, Hibernate, Spring, Data Modeling, Data Pipelines, PostgreSQL, JPA, Salesforce, Jira, Mockito, Integration Testing, Unit Testing, JUnit, HTTP, Relational Databases, Apache Maven, Data Structures, Logging, Web Services
- Implemented a data pipeline integration layer, fetching sales data from Salesforce to be imported into internal systems.
- Resolved several production bugs both on the back- and front-end.
- Paid a number of tech debts remaining from previous developers.
Senior Software Developer2017 - 2018Amazon
Technologies: Java, JSP, Spring, AssertJ, REST, Git, Brazil, Wikis, Eclipse, Linux, Bash, SSH, Remote Desktop, A/B Testing, Jira, Mockito, Integration Testing, Unit Testing, JUnit, HTTP, Apache Maven, Data Structures, Logging, Web Services
- Developed features for the Amazon retail website used by millions of customers worldwide.
- Joined the project as the first team member and onboarded all my colleagues with different backgrounds and work cultures.
- Ran A/B testing on production to validate the new features developed by my team, creating higher customer convergence.
- Held architectural design meetings with the team to share knowledge and collect feedback for future collaboration.
Senior Solutions Architect2015 - 2016RDC Partner
- Developed a file storage solution for mobile, desktop, and native platforms used by the customers of Turkey's most prominent cell service provider.
- Managed and developed a mobile solution enabling hotel and flight booking for an international travel and booking agency.
- Developed general-purpose mobile games for Android phones.
- Designed and held tech lectures for junior developers as part of a mentoring program.
Senior Full-stack Developer2012 - 2015Freelance
Technologies: .NET, C#, Oracle, ADT, Eclipse, JSON, Jetty, SOAP, REST, XML, ANTLR, TopLink, Data Modeling, HTTP, JPG, Android Development, BPMN, Relational Databases, Algorithms, Apache Maven, Data Structures, Reflection, JPA, Logging, Web Services
- Maintained Turkey's Environmental Public Health Information System on production for a year.
- Ported the Hospital Information System Inpatient module to Android tablets.
- Implemented and deployed a mobile task management solution.
- Worked on maintaining the Turkish Telecom Client Management System on production for a year.
- Implemented and deployed a mobile news platform on Android devices.
CTO2009 - 2012BilgiBiz
Technologies: .NET, C#, Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, Java, Eclipse, Hibernate, Oracle, Swing, JDBC, Data Modeling, HTTP, Relational Databases, Algorithms, Data Structures, Reflection
- Researched medical problems, side-effects of medical products, and cost waste statistical analysis within the scope of a software project.
- Built an interactive education desktop solution for Turkish medical doctorate candidates.
- Customized and deployed a hospital centralized information system for the Palestine Ministry of Health.
- Built and deployed a personal health record portal for public use.
- Acted as a software development partner in a remote patient monitoring application where healthcare professionals monitored patient vitals.
Team Leader2006 - 2009Tepe Teknolojik Servisler
Technologies: .NET, C#, Visual Studio, Java, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Swing, Object-relational Mapping (ORM), Apache Axis, Eclipse, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Seam, JDBC, XML, Relational Databases, UML 2, Data Structures, Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), Reflection
- Built and deployed a transportation optimization and surveillance application.
- Implemented an object-relational mapping library used in several projects as part of the persistency layer.
- Contributed to an R&D project building a next-generation hospital information system. I was part of a team joining members from four different companies located in four EU countries.
- Took part in an R&D project funded by the European Union to build an intelligent healthcare monitoring system based on a semantic interoperability platform.
Senior Software Developer2004 - 2006Datasel Bilgi Sistemleri
Technologies: Java, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Swing, XML, JDeveloper, Oracle, Java 2D, JDBC, Eclipse, C, JNI, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Data Modeling, Relational Databases, Data Structures, Reflection, Logging
- Developed a database design tool integrated with relational databases like Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server.
- Built a desktop reporting tool containing a report editor and a rendering engine. Integrated with relational databases like Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server.
- Used the Java Native Interface API to bring a speech recognition solution written with C and C++ to the Java environment.
- Built a 3-tiered hospital information system from scratch.
Technology Leader2002 - 2004Devkon Bilgisayar ve Danışmanlık
Technologies: Java, XML, JDBC, VisualAge, C, HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver, Java 2D, Swing, PDF, Java Servlets, Eclipse, Java RMI, WebDAV, Military, Applets, AWT, Relational Databases, Apache Maven, Data Structures, Java Concurrency, Reflection, Logging
- Developed middleware on top of Java Servlet API to quickly design and build web applications. Created a few web applications on top of this middleware.
- Used the Web Calendar Access Protocol (WCAP) to develop and deploy a calendar server.
- Used WebDAV standards to develop a document management tool and repository.
- Developed and deployed Java applet games like Quadruple, Diamonds, Mahjong, and Arcanoid.
Team Leader2000 - 2001YTM İnternet Hizmetleri
Technologies: Java, XML, JDBC, VisualAge, C, AWT, C++, COM, Visual Studio, WebObjects, PHP, ASP, Relational Databases, Data Structures, Reflection
- Developed and deployed Java applet games like Connect4, Opposite, Assimilation, Solitaire, and Gomoku.
- Implemented a printer framework for Java applications.
- Developed and deployed various websites like arabam.com and gokick.de.
- Created an Adobe Dreamweaver plugin to be used as part of a web content management middleware.
Software Engineer1999 - 2000Likom Yazılım
Technologies: C, C++, OLE, ActiveX, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Crystal Reports, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Visual Studio, RSA, Relational Databases, Algorithms, DLL, Data Structures
- Built the human resources and payroll modules of an ERP system. The code I've written is still running today.
- Developed a C++ numbers package that enables math operations with over 400+ digit numbers. Used this package to build an RSA encryption library.
- Created a decimal number library to enable more precise use of financial calculations. All the ERP solution modules used this number library for mathematical calculations.