Verified Expert in Engineering
Michael is a senior .NET and C# developer with over ten years of experience in creating desktop, server and web applications. He enjoys working closely together with his customers, delivering high-quality software that meets the customer's requirements on time and on budget.
Azure, Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, Plastic SCM, Git, Visual Studio, Windows
The most amazing...
...application I've built is a blockchain-based e-voting platform (www.freiewahl.eu).
Software Team Lead
- Developed an application framework for tracking billions of individual items along supply chains.
- Started the project from scratch, taking responsibility for building a team, the development infrastructure, and the product.
- Went into production with our first customer after less than six months.
- Built a cloud-native application using C#/ASP.NET Core running on Microsoft Azure, using Cosmos DB, Message Bus, Azure Table Store, App Services, and Azure Functions.
- Built the administrative front-end for a web application for tracking billions of items using Angular 8.
- Created an e-voting platform using blockchain technology in C#.
- Implemented the back end of the web application using Google's App Engine Flexible, Google Firebase Auth, Firestore, and Datastore in C#/ASP.NET Core.
- Implemented the front end of an e-voting application using Bootstrap 4.
- Created a web application using Node.js, Google App Engine Standard, and Google Firestore.
Software Engineer | Department Manager | Project Manager
- Created software for high precision measurement devices in C#/.NET Compact Framework.
- Worked on CFR21/GLP compliance of measuring devices.
- Led a team of ten software developers and test engineers.
- Managed medium-sized projects (budget up to EUR 300.000).
- Created desktop software for managing measurement data in C#.
Software Engineer, Team Manager
- Created fashion logistics applications using RFID readers.
- Created back-end logistics applications using C# and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Led a team of three software and system developers.
- Managed smaller projects (volume up to EUR 100.000).
- Introduced OTRS for customer support, managed second-level support.
- Developed software for test field automation for automotive companies using C#.
- Implemented the user interface for a test management tool using Windows Forms and C#/.NET.
- Supported the installation and commissioning of a test field automation software for a customer in a large engine development center.
- Created a communication framework based on WSDL/SOAP using C#.
- Coordinated software development and testing with remote development teams in India and Croatia.
Siemens Corporate Research
- Designed a mobile, locatable, wearable RFID Reader.
- Implemented a localization algorithm for a wearable device using Monte Carlo Localization in C#.
- Implemented the firmware for a wearable, mobile, locatable RFID-Reader in nesC.
- Created a quiz game for kids that included the use of a wearable RFID reader glove in C#.
- Developed an RFID-enabled "Smart Bin" that detected its contents.
freiewahl.eu - Open e-Voting Platform
Voters can provide a proof of identity using Austria's "Citizen Card", the government-approved mean for electronic signatures and proof of identity.
I coded the entire project, a UI/UX designer supported me with the design and workflows.
The application was implemented in C#/ASP.NET Core and Node.js, running in Google's App Engine.
The project source code can be found here: https://github.com/michivo/buergerchain
I recently migrated the web site from Joomla to Wordpress and switched to a more modern, responsive design.
High-end Density Measurement Device
Worked as a senior developer on this project for 4 years and as a project manager for 1 year. The requirements regarding reliability, accuracy, and traceability were very strict. The managed to fulfill these requirements implementing unit tests, manual regression tests, and code reviews as part of their daily routine.
The density measurement devices are among the most precise such devices in the world and are in operation at the most major soft drink and beer manufacturing plants and by many pharmaceutical companies in the world.
.NET, Angular, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, Bootstrap, Razor, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), NUnit, .NET Compact, Mono
Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Studio, Git, C#.NET WinForms, Microsoft Unit Tests
Scrum, Azure DevOps, Design Patterns, Agile Software Development
REST APIs, Node.js, Windows Forms (WinForms)
Microsoft, Windows, Azure, Linux, Firebase, Google App Engine
Databases, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Table Storage, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Cloud Firestore, MySQL
Full-stack, Web Development, Software Development, Software Design, Microsoft Azure, Plastic SCM
Master's Degree in Information and Computer Engineering
Graz University of Technology - Graz, Austria
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Graz University of Technology - Graz, Austria