Senior Back-end Developer2021 - PRESENTARTA Shipping (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), APIs, Background Jobs, PostgreSQL, Elixir, Phoenix, Oban, GitHub
- Improved the current codebase adding new features and tooling to increase test coverage.
- Helped the head of developers to find the best approach to implement complex features.
- Reviewed other developers' pull requests and suggested more idiomatic and efficient ways to improve code.
Senior Full-stack Developer2010 - PRESENTFreelance
- Built several systems to manage the submission, evaluation, and publishing of financial papers for a client.
- Contributed to the organization of a conference by developing features such as subscription, check-in, and certificate printing.
- Handled associates' issues with the system using Zendesk and GitHub to track the problems and solutions.
Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - 2021Rumby (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Sidekiq, Infrastructure, Background Jobs, Redis, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails 5, AWS EC2, AWS, Twilio, Zapier, Postmates API, Stripe, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, GitHub
- Developed Rumby, an app that connects customers with cleaners and handles every step of the process, including picking up the clothes, charging the client, keeping track of the order status, and dropping off the clean clothes.
- Upgraded an existing Rails application to be more Rails-like, used the newest gems and assisting tools like RuboCop.
- Fixed a lot of existing bugs and started writing tests for the existing codebase.
- Implemented new features according to the client's needs.
- Improved AWS infrastructure, reducing cost and improving application performance.
- Added Sentry and Skylight to the project to find and fix errors and bottlenecks.
Senior Back-end Developer | Infrastructure Engineer | Tech Lead2018 - 2021Byebnk
Technologies: Infrastructure, Background Jobs, SQL, Ruby on Rails 4, Ruby on Rails 5, WebSockets, Phoenix, Redis, Docker Compose, Ruby, Sidekiq, Back-end, Amazon Web Services (AWS), JSON, AWS EC2, APIs, PostgreSQL, AWS, GitLab CI/CD, Docker, RabbitMQ, InfluxDB, Grafana, Linux, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Elixir
- Served as a tech lead and infrastructure engineer at Byebnk, a cryptocurrency asset manager responsible for managing its clients' assets and active asset management while making it easier for everyone to enter this new market.
- Developed a system in Elixir, communicating with crypto exchanges, managing them, and finding optimal placement in the order book. The system interacts with other internal solutions using RabbitMQ as a broker and PostgreSQL as a database.
- Supported the developers in modeling the solutions, reviewed their code, and guided them in solving practical problems.
- Managed Bybnk's infrastructure, taking care of all the servers, services, and applications developed and used by the company.
- Managed the CI/CD using a hosted GitLab server using Docker and Docker Compose.
Senior Back-end Developer2017 - 2019Alpe Trading
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Infrastructure, Background Jobs, AWS EC2, Rust, AWS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), FIX Protocol, AutoTools, Libuv, RabbitMQ, Ruby, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, C
- Implemented an entire order management system in plain C to communicate with Brazil's stock market and data feed.
- Developed and implemented a system responsible for handling orders in plain C, keeping a record of the market's order book and trades, and transmitting all this information on demand through a RabbitMQ instance.
- Used plain C to develop a trading bot with several strategies to automatically trade assets.
- Implemented a Rails application to visualize and manage all the back-end and systems.
Senior Developer2010 - 2018Laboratório de Software Livre (LSL)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails 5, Ruby on Rails 4, SQL, MongoDB, CSS, HTML, Parallel Programming, System Programming, Terminal, ETL, Databases, Linux, Back-end, Ruby, Data Science, Data Mining, Ember.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), C
- Assisted the laboratory professor in solving challenging computational problems using C and Ruby.
- Collected social network data to investigate fraud on tax and seek government assistance using machine learning and data science.
- Taught and helped create machine learning and data science courses for Brazilian government entities.
- Helped organize the laboratory's staff by guiding, teaching, and planning the best actions to help solve any problem the laboratory encountered.
Consultant2016 - 2017UNESCO
Technologies: Parallel Programming, System Programming, ETL, C
- Developed record linkage software that is blazing fast and can compare tens of millions of records per second.
- Improved the speed of the record linkage software which I've previously built for UNESCO.
- Performed ETL of a large amount of data to prepare it for deduplication using my software.
- Wrote several UNESCO reports documenting all the processes and steps needed to use the software, and analyzing the final results.
- Released the previously developed software as an open-source project on GitLab.
Consultant2013 - 2017Diagno Brazil
Technologies: UI, Linux, C, GTK+, Ruby
- Built an embedded system to communicate with a hematology measurement device and process, calculate, store, and print the results using Ruby, GTK+, and C.
- Programmed a low-level embedded printer driver in C, which acted as a middleware between the Ruby system and the hardware.
- Created a custom Gentoo Linux image to run on an embedded ARM machine with tight constraints regarding CPU and memory usage.