Vice President of Software Engineering, Data2014 - PRESENTAmobee
Technologies: Git, Kubernetes, Scala, Python, AWS, Docker, PostgreSQL, Spark, HBase, Cassandra, Hadoop
- Worked as head of the Amobee global data engineering team.
- Built world-class scalable data solutions for internal and third-party clients. For example, a scalable distributed DMP (data management platform) was built on an open-source stack that supported near real-time data processing. The solution was tested for up to 10 billion user profiles and terabytes of data streaming through the platform.
- Developed and maintained an existing data warehouse (PostgreSQL) and ETL pipelines (Hadoop, Spark, Scala, and MapReduce).
- Built and supported BI solutions (Microstrategy, Tableau, Metabase, Re:dash).
- Integrated AWS Cloud and developed apps (S3, Lambda, Redshift, and Kinesis).
Engineer2005 - PRESENTFreelance Software Development
Technologies: Git, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, Ajax, jQuery, C#, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Developed web applications for various customers.
- Built an education planner for Transamerica Retirement Division, Ta-retirement.com/sip/shared/educationplanner/planner.aspx; used C#, responsive web design, jQuery, CSS, JSON, and iTextSharp.
- Developed a marketing planner for Transamerica; used C#, responsive web design, jQuery, CSS, and iTextSharp.
Vice President of Data Engineering2013 - 2014Adconion Media Group
Technologies: Git, Apache Pig, Apache Hive, Python, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, HBase, Hadoop
- Facilitated the successful implementation of the entire new internal business intelligence/data warehouse platform; it has more than 300+ worldwide users and is used in more than 15 countries.
Senior Manager Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence2010 - 2013Adconion Media Group
Technologies: Cron, Bash, Python, PL/SQL, SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Created specs and helped with the hardware provisioning for a new database (PostgreSQL) and Microstrategy servers.
- Architected data marts and a BI domain model.
- Designed and provided lifecycle support of the existing enterprise data warehouse (PostgreSQL) and a number of reporting platforms (Jasper BI, Microstrategy, and Tableau).
- Handled the release management of the code—implementing best practices and coding standards.
Manager, Data Services2006 - 2010Edmunds.com
Technologies: Apache Hive, Apache Pig, MapReduce, Hadoop, Informatica, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle
- Spearheaded the implementation and installment of a Hadoop cluster in Edmunds enterprise.
- Utilized Hadoop cluster and its MapReduce functionality which led to the doubling the performance of our daily data warehouse weblog loads.
Senior Data Architect2006 - 2008Edmunds.com
Technologies: Scripting, Shell, Linux, Oracle Application Express (APEX), ETL, PL/SQL, Hadoop, Netezza, Informatica, Oracle
- Established from the ground up the development of a universal vehicle database with workflow management, a centralized dealer database, and a centralized geographic database.
- Evangelized and implemented a database release paradigm. It allowed us to keep track of all the changes as well as streamlined the release process.
Senior Software Developer2003 - 2005Cymetrix
Technologies: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), ActiveReports, VorteXML, Monarch, IIS, ASP.NET, C#.NET, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000
- Developed and administered the corporate database.
- Wrote up the financial reporting.
- Developed intranet applications (timesheets application, project management application).
- Implemented data mining.
Tech Lead Software Engineering2001 - 2003Arthur Andersen, LLP
- Designed and implemented Atlas (Assignment Tax calcuLAtion System): a multi-user web-based application based on MS SQL 2000 (later moved to Oracle 8i), IIS/ASP and with Microsoft Office XP web components. It was developed for Arthur Andersen and supports tax calculations for more than 84 countries.