Verified Expert in Engineering
Mikhail is an ad-tech, data, and analytics professional with over 15 years of experience building and maintaining data lakes, data warehouses, DMPs, and ETL pipelines. He implements a simple minimalist approach to solving complex business and technical challenges. Mikhail is also a big fan of open-source software.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Data Build Tool (dbt)
The most amazing...
...engineering thing I've done was to architect and build a scalable data management platform that hosted over 6 billion ad profiles for worldwide customers.
Vice President of Software Engineering, Data
- Worked as head of the Amobee global data engineering team.
- Built world-class scalable data solutions for internal and third-party clients. For example, a scalable distributed DMP (data management platform) was built on an open-source stack that supported near real-time data processing. The solution was tested for up to 10 billion user profiles and terabytes of data streaming through the platform.
- Developed and maintained an existing data warehouse (PostgreSQL) and ETL pipelines (Hadoop, Spark, Scala, and MapReduce).
- Built and supported BI solutions (Microstrategy, Tableau, Metabase, Re:dash).
- Integrated AWS Cloud and developed apps (S3, Lambda, Redshift, and Kinesis).
Freelance Software Development
- Developed web applications for various customers.
- Built an education planner for Transamerica Retirement Division, Ta-retirement.com/sip/shared/educationplanner/planner.aspx; used C#, responsive web design, jQuery, CSS, JSON, and iTextSharp.
- Developed a marketing planner for Transamerica; used C#, responsive web design, jQuery, CSS, and iTextSharp.
Vice President of Data Engineering
Adconion Media Group
- Facilitated the successful implementation of the entire new internal business intelligence/data warehouse platform; it has more than 300+ worldwide users and is used in more than 15 countries.
Senior Manager Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence
Adconion Media Group
- Created specs and helped with the hardware provisioning for a new database (PostgreSQL) and Microstrategy servers.
- Architected data marts and a BI domain model.
- Designed and provided lifecycle support of the existing enterprise data warehouse (PostgreSQL) and a number of reporting platforms (Jasper BI, Microstrategy, and Tableau).
- Handled the release management of the code—implementing best practices and coding standards.
Manager, Data Services
- Spearheaded the implementation and installment of a Hadoop cluster in Edmunds enterprise.
- Utilized Hadoop cluster and its MapReduce functionality which led to the doubling the performance of our daily data warehouse weblog loads.
Senior Data Architect
- Established from the ground up the development of a universal vehicle database with workflow management, a centralized dealer database, and a centralized geographic database.
- Evangelized and implemented a database release paradigm. It allowed us to keep track of all the changes as well as streamlined the release process.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed and administered the corporate database.
- Wrote up the financial reporting.
- Developed intranet applications (timesheets application, project management application).
- Implemented data mining.
Tech Lead Software Engineering
Arthur Andersen, LLP
- Designed and implemented Atlas (Assignment Tax calcuLAtion System): a multi-user web-based application based on MS SQL 2000 (later moved to Oracle 8i), IIS/ASP and with Microsoft Office XP web components. It was developed for Arthur Andersen and supports tax calculations for more than 84 countries.
Content.ad Snowflake Data Pipelines
It resulted in near-real-time CDC(change data capture) replication using snow pipes, streams, tasks, and other latest Snowflake technology.
Technologies: AWS, Python, Bash, Bitbucket, Snowflake
• a data lake
• a data warehouse
• API integrations with multiple third-party customers
• an analytical suite
Technologies: CDH (Cloudera Distributed Hadoop), Spark, Scala, Python, HBase, Oozie, Git, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, AWS EMR, AWS Lambda, AWS Redshift, AWS Gateway, AWS Kinesis, AWS S3, Glacier, Tableau, and Metabase
Amobee Email Data Warehouse
• Manage user profiles
• Manage email events (opens, clicks, unsubscribes)
• Run custom reporting requests
• Ensure data security, protection, and monitored access
Technologies: AWS Redshift, AWS EMR, AWS S3, AWS Lambda
Adconion Data Warehouse
Technologies: Python, PostgreSQL, CHD (Cloudera Distributed Hadoop)
Adconion BI Suite
Technologies: Microstrategy, Java, PostgreSQL
Transamerica Educational Planner
pgAdmin, Git, Amazon ElastiCache, Spree, Cron, ActiveReports, DTS, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Express (APEX), Shell, Oozie, AWS ELB, Apache Airflow
Agile Product Management, DevOps, REST, ETL, Automation, MapReduce
AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Pig, Oracle, Linux, Solidus, Databricks
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), HDFS, PostgreSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Redshift, MySQL, Cassandra, Oracle PL/SQL, HBase, Apache Hive, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Netezza, Microsoft SQL Server, Google Cloud
Data Strategy, Technology Strategy & Architecture, Big Data, ELT, Document Management Systems (DMS), Web Development, AWS Auto Scaling, IT Management, Informatica, IIS, VorteXML, Oracle8i, Ajax, Scripting, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose, Amazon Route 53, Analytics, Data Build Tool (dbt)
Hadoop, Spark, ASP.NET, ASP
Master of Science Degree in Algorithms, Math, and Physics
Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University - Nizhny Novgorod, Russia