Muhammad Usama Shabbir
Usama has a Bachelor of Science degree with honors in Telecommunication Engineering along with 12 years of experience in software development. Currently, he is a Senior Software Engineer and Team Lead at the Dubai Police. Usama specializes in native Android application development.
ExperienceGitHub - 12 yearsJava - 12 yearsAndroid - 12 yearsAndroid SDK - 12 yearsREST APIs - 12 yearsAndroid Studio - 7 yearsKotlin - 5 yearsAndroid Material Design - 3 years
SourceTree, Subversion (SVN), GitHub, Android Studio
The most amazing...
...project I've coded is an algorithm to notify drivers of any accidents that are on the same side of the road they are traveling on.
Senior Software Engineer
- Created the module Drive Mode: built to help users drive smarter by notifying them in advance of any accidents or traffic on their saved routes.
- Developed the Police Station Mode module: allowing users to check the number of customers waiting at each police station with the average waiting time. Users can also issue a ticket before reaching the police station to avoid waiting.
- Built the Police Eye module, which helps users report any suspicious activity with ease and anonymity.
- Created a module called My Map: an interactive map with information about traffic accidents, police station locations, 24/7 pharmacies, and more.
- Developed the Fine Payment service, which helps users pay their traffic fines within minutes.
- Constructed a Report Accident app for police officers. This app helps officers generate a complete accident report within two to three minutes.
- Developed an attendance app for Dubai Police employees for a seamless workday check-in and check-out.
Senior Android Developer
Digital Spring Marketing and Advertising Inc
- Improved the app architecture to help clients with scaling issues.
- Tracked and fixed bugs in code to remove out-of-memory issues.
- Used Android architecture components to enhance performance.
Carrello (via Toptal)
- Spotted errors in a client's existing web/mobile apps (Carello for drivers and passengers) and an admin panel.
- Understood the requirements very clearly.
- Communicated and worked with the client and met the timelines.
- Developed a checklist app for Android.
- Created QR and bar code scanner apps for Android.
- Built a user calorie-tracking application—showing data in graphs and lists.
- Worked on location-based applications to find nearest locations of interest.
- Built a simple game for children using App Engine.
- Developed a Craigslist search application.
Dubai Police Apphttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dubaipolice.app&hl=en
• A drive mode feature to get accident notifications to avoid getting stuck in traffic.
• A police station mode to get queue tickets before going to the police station to reduce waiting time.
• A police eye feature to report any suspicious activities around you.
• A get directions feature to get the locations of the closest police stations.
• Report accidents and traffic violations
• A traffic-fine payment system.
Breathing Well Exercises
• Quickly get started by choosing from thousands of premade checklist templates (unique to our to-do app).
• Unlimited number of checklists and (sub) tasks.
• Easily syncs with your online free Checklist.com account to access on other devices and from your desktop/laptop. (It also works offline.)
• Manage your tasks: check, mark important, reminders, repeat tasks, task notes, drag-n-drop to reorder, and more.
• Share your workload with friends, family, and coworkers by easily inviting them and assigning individual tasks.
• Let the smart lists highlight what’s important in your life right now.
• Send your checklists to any app on your device (email, Facebook, Twitter, and more).
• Quickly keep track of what’s important via the Checklist widgets.
• It's multilingual.
• Great for both tablets and mobiles.
• Six different themes for you to choose from!
CI Mobile enables you to:
• Create unlimited item classification files.
• Save a picture of an item.
• Save a voice note describing an item.
• Classify an item for 150 countries and territories.
• Obtain duty and tax information for an item for 150 countries and territories
• Do international mapping and classification on the fly.
• View tariff schedules for 150 countries and territories.
• View more than 200,000 US CBP rulings and assign them to your item.
• Email your item and all associated data.
Sync it with Dropbox to get access to your notes everywhere.
Java, Kotlin, SQL, PHP
Retrofit, Google Location API, Google Gson, Google Maps SDK, Google Maps API, Google Geocoding API, Facebook API, Google Places API, Google Maps Premium Roads API, Google Maps, REST APIs, Fresco, Dropbox API, Android Architecture Components, Retrofit 2
Subversion (SVN), Android Studio, GitHub, Eclipse IDE, SourceTree, Postman, Jira, Asana, Bitbucket, Zeplin
Android Material Design, Agile Software Development, Dependency Injection, Mobile Development
Firebase, Android, Music Streaming
SQLite, JSON, MySQL
UI Animation, SOAP, Animation, Maps, QR Codes, Push Notifications, Google Material Design, Video Streaming, Multithreading, Multimedia, Software Development, Room, Mobile App Development
Bachelor of Science Degree with Honors in Telecommunication Engineering
National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Lahore - Lahore, Pakistan