Verified Expert in Engineering
Database Engineer and Developer
Munavir is a senior data engineer with over a decade of experience in ETL development and data engineering, developing well-architected and easily maintainable solutions. He worked in some of the largest companies in the banking industry and streaming media services in Eastern Europe. Munavir specializes in big data stack, including SQL, Scala, Spark, databases, and data warehouses. He brings proficiency, responsibility, and a business-oriented approach to his work.
MacOS, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, DBeaver
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is an ETL framework that uses Spark and Scala, making pipeline development and the whole ETL maintenance faster and more convenient.
Senior Data Engineer
- Designed and implemented Scala ETL framework based on Spark which improved development and maintenance of data pipelines.
- Designed and implemented a data warehouse for BI and ML purposes using ClickHouse as a storage.
- Developed data pipelines using Scala that load and transform data from more than 30 corporate sources, including SQL, NoSQL, API, and more.
- Developed and implemented a CI/CD process in GitLab.
- Developed data pipelines using a framework based on Python and Django.
- Worked as an ETL developer on data marts and a corporate data warehouse using Teradata and Informatica.
- Collaborated with business users and analytics on data marts, provided L3 support, and analyzed and fixed business logic and technical implementation defects.
- Worked closely with analytics and source data owners to implement data replication processes from source systems into the Hadoop data lake.
- Optimized the storage of data in Teradata and ETL procedures. This increased data loading and querying speed and led to more efficient use of hardware resources.
Senior ETL Developer
- Worked closely with analytics and business users developing ETL jobs (SAS DI) to consolidate data into a corporate data warehouse (Oracle).
- Collaborated with business users and analysts on data marts, provided L3 support, and analyzed and fixed business logic and technical implementation defects.
- Developed custom SAS Base programs for ETL jobs implementing necessary transformations.
ETL Framework for a Video Streaming Platform
SQL, Scala, Python
Data Warehousing, Data Engineering, Big Data, Data Warehouse Design, Data Architecture, Engineering
Spark, Hadoop, Django
Teradata, Data Pipelines, DBeaver, ClickHouse
IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, GitLab, Informatica ETL, SAS Data Integration (DI) Studio
MacOS, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Master's Degree in Design and Technology of Electronic Equipment
Bauman Moscow State Technical University - Moscow, Russia
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring