Web Developer (Front-end Lead)2014 - 2016Quandl
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ruby, Ember.js, HTML, CSS
- Built and maintained APIs and UIs for Quandl using Ruby on Rails and Ember.
- Architected, built, and maintained a modular CSS framework using a hybrid of SMACSS, BEM, and Objective CSS.
- Performed Ember upgrades from 1.12 to 2.6.
- Performed code reviews for team members and improved Ember repo code quality by creating and encouraging use of a style guide.
- Added payment integration for recurring subscriptions using Stripe, with notifications sent to customers, vendors, and admins, and interactive financial and customer reports for admins.
- Architected, built, and maintained a modular system to receive, react, and respond to all web hooks sent by Stripe.
Agile Engineering Intern2014 - 2014Pivotal Labs
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, VBA
- Built an API for an educational web app.
- Implemented a complex and nuanced permissions system made up of 12 roles and 42 permissions.
- Built a custom Excel tool using VBA that could be used to upload pre-validated data.
- Contributed to client meetings and trained new team members.
Web Development Apprentice2013 - 2013The Working Group
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ruby, Spree
- Built features for an eCommerce web app using Ruby on Rails, Devise, and Spree.
- Customized Devise and Spree source code heavily to achieve the desired functionality.
Senior Marketing Analyst2012 - 2013Air Miles
Technologies: SQL, SAS, Excel
- Drew and disseminated data-driven insights using SQL, SAS, and Excel to help with the planning, design, and execution of marketing campaigns.
- Collaborated with technical and non-technical colleagues across multiple departments to ensure campaigns were deployed accurately to the desired collectors.
Business Analytics Associate2008 - 2012ZS Associates
Technologies: Excel, Access, SAS, SQL, VBA
- Analyzed, interpreted, and synthesized data using Excel, Access, and SAS to drive customer-centric sales and marketing strategies.
- Designed, created, and presented deliverables such as Excel VBA tools to empower clients to do their own analyses and PowerPoint presentations to summarize and explain analyses and recommendations.