HTML5 Developer in Madison, WI, United States
Front-End Web Developer | Consultant2011 - PRESENTFinch Professional Services
- Built custom and customized WordPress sites—primarily with the Genesis Framework.
- Studied and kept-up-to-date with emerging tools and trends in web development, especially around WordPress and the front-end.
- Consulted with small/medium size businesses, non-profits, government organizations, and others about their online needs.
- Developed custom functionalities and plugins for clients.
- Managed teams of contractors for larger projects, interfaced with clients to manage expectations and relationships.
Overseas Advisor | Business Development Maximizer2012 - 2014TheArrivalStore.com
Technologies: Magento, WordPress
- Led a small team in customer service and other areas.
- Advised on business development and scaling.
- Managed several projects and imports for the company.
- Served customers directly with support and delivery.
- Completed sales training and sales quotas.
- Custom Website Design and Functionality Including a Migration to WordPress (Development)http://jungsik.kr
Live Site: jungsik.kr
GitHub: https://github.com/n8finch/jungsik-theme, https://github.com/n8finch/jungsik-theme-seoul
• The previous site had the same front-end design, but was all PHP — so there was no way for the client to change anything without FTP. After moving this to WordPress and training them on how to use the CMS, they literally breathed a sigh of relief: “Oh, this is MUCH easier!” they said.
It’s a multisite, as the New York and Seoul restaurants are slightly different with different needs. I developed it as a local site, pushed it to a development site, then migrated it to production, so single and multisite migrations are not a problem for me.
- WP Quick Draft or Post WP REST API Plugin (Development)https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-quick-post-or-draft/
Have you ever wanted to stay on the front-end of your website and write a quick post or draft from there? This plugin will allow you to do just that!
Please note: this plugin currently requires the WordPress REST API (Version 2) plugin (which you can download here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/rest-api/).
The idea of this plugin is that it is quick to post from the front-end, and only gives you 3 fields to fill out: Post Title, Post Content, and Category. From there, you can save it as a draft, or post it immediately. The plugin uses the WP REST API to post the data.
Please refer to Installation and Screenshots to see how to install, how to set this plugin up, and how to use it.
Instructions for use:
1. Click on the blue slide out button to pull up the popup.
2. Fill out the Title, Content, and Category (though you don't need a category filled out).
3. Click on the button to save as a draft or immediately post.
4. Upon successful posting, you'll see a confirmation box, then you can close the popup or it will close in 5 seconds.
- Yet Another Social Share Plugin (Development)https://github.com/n8finch/yet-another-social-share-plugin
Automatically display selected social network(s) sharing buttons in posts and/or on pages.
Support for the following social networks is required: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Whatsapp (for mobile browsers only).
The plugin options page include the following configurable items:
• There is a choice to display on posts, pages, and other registered custom post types.
• Options to activate or deactivate the buttons for different social networks.
• Three different button sizes to choose from small, medium, and large.
• The choice to display the icons in their original colors (default) or all in a selected color.
• An option to determine in which order the icons will appear (e.g: FB, TW, G+, or more).
• Options to place the social share bar (one or more of these can be selected):
a) Below the post title.
b) Floating on the left side.
c) After the post content.
d) Inside the featured image.
The plugin also enables a shortcode to include the sharing bar inside a post content.
- Custom Author/Book Websites (Development)http://inside-moves.com
Built this site to be consistent with WalterDanley.com branding.
• Migrated the site to the Genesis Framework.
• Built a custom widgetized homepage.
• Performed social media integration.
• Developed a layer slider.
• Installed SSL.
• Implemented Gumroad Integration
- Artisan Kraft Genesis Child Theme and Customizations (Development)http://akgoods.com
Project details: eCommerce, home goods
This project was a redesign of the AKGoods website. They wanted to move to the Genesis Framework, and after heavily customizing the Jessica theme, including added extra functionality, wrapped this project up.
• Built responsive multiple page layouts on the site.
• Developed custom categories, single product, and multi-column pages.
• Developed single product pages including custom features: accordion, pair with query (you can also like a query), a custom cart, wishlist, and search layouts.
• Wrote custom Contact Form 7 layouts and actions.
- Don't Repeat Yourself: Automating Repetitive Tasks with WP-CLI (Publication)In a recent project, there were several programmatic tasks I needed to repeat periodically. One task in particular involved updating user-level permissions based on evidence of membership level purchase or subscription. Instead of going into the admin panel and manually deleting hundreds (maybe thousands) of subscriptions, I opted to reach for one of my favorite WordPress tools: WP-CLI, which fixed the problem in a few keystrokes.
FrameworksGenesis Framework, WordPress Multisite
Libraries/APIsjQuery UI, jQuery, WordPress API, jQuery Plugins, GitHub API
ToolsGrunt, Grunt.js, GitHub, Git, Gulp.js
OtherWordPress Themes, WordPress Plugins, HTML to WordPress, WordPress Rescue
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Business, International Business, Finance2009 - 2012North Park University - Chicago, IL, USA