Engineering Lead2021 - 2021ASU Prep Digital
Technologies: React, Redux, Laravel, PHP, Docker, MongoDB, REST, APIs, Microservices, Lumen, Doctrine MongoDB ODM, Leadership
- Rescued and revived a multimillion-dollar initiative.
- Educated C-suite and stakeholders on how to improve their decision-making for technology projects.
- Hired and managed tech team members with a range of experience and ability levels.
- Directed the creation of some new, exceptionally well-built technology.
CTO and Lead Developer2020 - 2021Navigate360
Technologies: React, PHP, AWS, Symfony, Redux, Education Technology (Edtech), Canvas LMS, Microservices
- Interacted with the C-suite and clients, providing assessments of legacy tech and managing expectations for the development of all-new services.
- Led and managed the design and development of all-new microservice-based technology, which leveraged the client's existing content-assets to deliver it to new platforms.
- Hired, managed, and mentored tech team members, guiding the technology through an acquisition.
Multi-application Architecture Consultant2019 - 2019RefundLabs
Technologies: Documentation, Architecture, REST APIs, OpenAPI, Swagger, PostgreSQL, Composer, Laravel, PHP
- Used my expertise in enterprise multi-application environments to enhance the client's development processes and improve the robustness of their applications.
- Architected a collection of middleware which dramatically improved the client's codebases, making them more DRY ("do not repeat yourself"), more secure, and more efficient to develop further.
- Established a set of code style guidelines and best practices for the client's developers, making the codebases more readable, consistent, and maintainable.
Enterprise Data-Visualization Design and Development2019 - 2019DecisionIQ
- Designed and developed new data visualizations, infographics, and interfaces for an enterprise AI/IoT application using HighCharts and D3.js.
- Redesigned existing interfaces—improving navigation and readability while reducing clutter and eliminating unnecessary elements.
- Refactored Django/Python code—reducing bugs, making it reusable, and altering it to provide new data utilized by the new data-visualization interfaces.
Tech Lead2019 - 2019Meisterline Analytics
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), GitHub, AWS, Flask, Laravel, PHP, Python
- Provided leadership to and enhanced communication between technical and non-technical team members around the globe.
- Collaborated closely with the founder to bring shape to the project, giving it a clear direction and enabling its further progress.
- Cooperated with and guided the technical team through a variety of challenges as the project progressed.
Freelance Senior Enterprise Software Developer2018 - 2018Friendemic
Technologies: GitHub, Git, LAMP, Laravel Forge, MySQL, PHP, Eloquent, Laravel
- Led the enterprise team in the architecture and development of an SDK for their primary data source, focusing on enforcing best practices while making developers' jobs easier.
- Refactored a single-database software platform into a multitenant one to enable lucrative new clients to come on board while respecting their data-center requirements.
- Consulted on and developed a new RESTful versioned API to be used as a single source of truth for a host of enterprise applications used by some of the most distinguished automotive manufacturers.
- Played a leadership role for the enterprise team, using my experience and expertise to inform and guide less senior members.
Freelance Lead Enterprise Software Developer2018 - 2018Next Wave Communications
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), GitHub, Git, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Ajax, jQuery, D3.js, Bootstrap, AWS, Django, Python, Twilio
- Designed and developed a dynamic, real-time D3.js/C3.js interface that enables engineers to visualize engineering trials and results. This application and interface were featured at Twilio Engage Sydney 2018, garnering investor interest.
- Architected and developed an enterprise SaaS platform for the emerging CPaaS/UCaaS sector. Featured enterprise-grade controls for customers and their users, along with intuitive user interfaces.
- Collaborated closely with founders in the technology and business spheres within an environment of mutual respect and on a level playing field, resulting in an extraordinarily gratifying and productive relationship.
Freelance Software Developer2017 - 2018GeneCentrix
Technologies: FontAwesome, Flexbox, jQuery, CSS, HTML, Marvin JS, Ansible, Apache Tomcat, Perl, Git, PostgreSQL, Laravel, PHP
- Developed a new functionality, incorporating and refactoring the client's Perl scripts.
- Implemented the Marvin-JS plugin according to the client's specifications and added a jQuery-driven front-end functionality to tie it into their UI. Installed Apache Tomcat and the vendor's app/API to extend the functionality of the Marvin-JS plugin.
- Redesigned the primary interface to incorporate new functionality and refined the existing functionality.
- Refined a variety of interfaces to enhance the look-and-feel and user experience.
Web Application Developer (Contract)2012 - 2018Personal Growth Organization
Technologies: LAMP, MySQL, PHP
- Architected and developed a HIPAA-compliant application with a suite of features for both clients and staff, and which connects to and exchanges data with the organization's ERP.
- Collaborated closely with the director of worldwide communications, the IT director, in-house developers, and various other staff and stakeholders on a variety of projects ranging from eCommerce and marketing websites and applications to enterprise tools for staff and client use.
- Led and mentored in-house developers to improve the quality and efficacy of their work, reviewing code, pair-programming, and providing guidance as they built up their experience.
CTO, Software Architect2015 - 2017The Alumni Sprints League
Technologies: Twig, Bootstrap, MySQL, PHP
- Worked closely with CEO and CFO to help refine a business model and translate it into an easy-to-use web application for staff and clients.
- Architected and developed systems and interfaces for clients to easily view and manage data for a sport (rowing) which has complex data-needs and yet few if any, good precedents for either the process or interface design.
- Designed and implemented algorithms which rank individual rowers and teams based on participation and performance.
- Negotiated with third-parties to gain access to crucial data-resources, and to co-create novel, mutually-beneficial software and resources.
Enterprise Application Developer (Contract)2015 - 2017Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics
Technologies: Semantic Versioning, Unit Testing, Composer, Twig, Doctrine, MySQL, Bootstrap, Symfony, PHP
- Coordinated with the solutions architect, developers, and other staff members in a tightly-knit team environment to develop and maintain various internal and client-facing Symfony applications.
- Built a new functionality for various users and roles using Symfony, Doctrine, Twig, and Bootstrap.
- Upgraded the applications and bundles with many dependency tiers, past a BC break from Symfony 2.8 to Symfony 3.
Web Developer (Contract)2015 - 2016eEuroparts.com
- Worked closely with the CEO to refine and upgrade a variety of aspects of the business's primary application.
- Introduced and configured the application to use Git for both version-control and deployment.
- Cleaned up, refined, and redesigned numerous front-end features for improved aesthetics and user experience.
- Designed and developed new functionality including features that improved sales and staff-productivity.
- Suggested and directed architectural changes to the application to improve efficiency and performance.
Web Developer (Contract)2015 - 2016Vermont Public Radio
Technologies: Twilio, Twig, Symfony, Silex, RabbitMQ, Vagrant, PHP, AWS S3, Heroku, Flask, Python
- Worked closely with the director of digital services and in-house developers.
- Performed full-stack development work on VPR's home page, an entirely API-driven Silex application, including implementing new APIs or redeveloping existing connections and functionality and designing new interfaces to interact with new APIs or functionality.
- Built app components in Python to be consumed by VPR's mobile applications.
- Developed apps in Python to interact with voice/SMS channels via Twilio/TWIML.