Multi-application Architecture Consultant2019 - 2019RefundLabs
Technologies: PHP, Laravel, Composer, PostgreSQL, Swagger/Open API, REST API, Architecture, Documentation
- Use my expertise in enterprise multi-application environments to enhance the client's development processes and improve the robustness of their applications.
- Architected a collection of middleware which dramatically improved the client's codebases, making them more DRY, more secure, and more efficient to develop further.
- Established a set of code style guidelines and best practices for the client's developers, making the codebases more readable, consistent, and maintainable.
Enterprise Data-Visualization Design and Development2019 - 2019DecisionIQ
- Designed and developed new data visualizations, infographics, and interfaces for an enterprise AI/IoT application using HighCharts and D3.js.
- Redesigned existing interfaces—improving navigation and readability while reducing clutter and eliminating unnecessary elements.
- Refactored Django/Python code—reducing bugs, making it reusable, and altering it to provide new data utilized by the new data-visualization interfaces.
Tech Lead2019 - 2019Meisterline
Technologies: Python, PHP, Laravel, Flask, AWS, GitHub
- Provided leadership to and enhanced communication between technical and non-technical team members around the globe.
- Worked closely with the founder to bring shape to the project, giving it a clear direction and enabling its further progress.
- Collaborated with and guided the technical team through a variety of challenges as the project progressed.
Freelance Senior Enterprise Software Developer2018 - 2018Friendemic (via Toptal)
Technologies: Laravel, Eloquent, PHP, MySQL, Laravel Forge, LAMP, Git, GitHub
- Led the enterprise team in the architecture and development of an SDK for their primary data-source, focusing on enforcing best practices while making developers' jobs easier.
- Refactored a single-database software platform into a multitenant one to enable lucrative new clients to come on board while respecting their data-center requirements.
- Consulted on and developed a new RESTful versioned API to be used as a single source of truth for a host of enterprise applications used by some of the most distinguished automotive manufacturers.
- Played a leadership role for the enterprise team, using my experience and expertise to inform and guide less senior members.
Freelance Lead Enterprise Software Developer2018 - 2018Next Wave Communications (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Django, AWS, Bootstrap, C3, D3.js, jQuery, AJAX, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Git, GitHub
- Designed and developed a dynamic, real-time D3.js/C3.js interface which enables engineers to visualize engineering trials and their results. This application and interface were featured at Twilio Engage Sydney 2018 to wide acclaim and is in production use today.
- Architected and developed a foundation of an enterprise SaaS platform. Focused on the emerging CPaaS/UCaaS sector, it features enterprise-grade controls for customers, their users, and their services, along with intuitive user-interfaces, all forming the basis for a groundbreaking startup in the communications space.
- Collaborated closely with founders in the technology and business spheres, within an environment of mutual respect and on a level playing field, resulting in an extraordinarily gratifying and productive relationship.
Freelance Software Developer2017 - 2018GeneCentrix (via Toptal)
Technologies: PHP, Laravel, PostgreSQL, Git, Perl, Apache Tomcat, Ansible, Marvin-JS, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Flexbox, FontAwesome
- Developed new functionality, incorporating and refactoring the client's Perl scripts.
- Implemented the Marvin-JS plugin according to the client's specifications and added jQuery-driven front-end functionality to tie it into their User-Interface. Installed Apache Tomcat and the vendor's app/API to extend the functionality of the Marvin-JS plugin.
- Redesigned the primary interface to incorporate new functionality and refined the existing functionality.
- Refined a variety of interfaces to enhance the look-and-feel and user experience.
Web Application Developer (Contract)2012 - 2018Personal Growth Organization
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, LAMP
- Architected and developed a HIPAA-compliant application with a suite of features for both clients and staff, and which connects to and exchanges data with the organization's ERP.
- Collaborated closely with the director of worldwide communications, the IT director, in-house developers, and various other staff and stakeholders on a variety of projects ranging from eCommerce and marketing websites and applications to enterprise tools for staff and client use.
- Led and mentored in-house developers to improve the quality and efficacy of their work, reviewing code, pair-programming, and providing guidance as they built up their experience.
CTO, Software Architect2015 - 2017The Alumni Sprints League
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Bootstrap, Twig
- Worked closely with CEO and CFO to help refine a business model and translate it into an easy-to-use web application for staff and clients.
- Architected and developed systems and interfaces for clients to easily view and manage data for a sport (rowing) which has complex data-needs and yet few if any, good precedents for either the process or interface design.
- Designed and implemented algorithms which rank individual rowers and teams based on participation and performance.
- Negotiated with third-parties to gain access to crucial data-resources, and to co-create novel, mutually-beneficial software and resources.
Enterprise Application Developer (Contract)2015 - 2017Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics
Technologies: PHP, Symfony, Bootstrap, MySQL, Doctrine, Twig, Composer, Unit Testing, Semantic Versioning
- Coordinated with the solutions architect, developers, and other staff members in a tightly-knit team environment to develop and maintain a variety of internal and client-facing Symfony applications.
- Built a new functionality for a variety of users and roles using Symfony, Doctrine, Twig, and Bootstrap.
- Upgraded the applications and bundles with many tiers of dependency; past a BC break from Symfony 2.8 to Symfony 3.
Web Developer (Contract)2015 - 2016eEuroparts.com
- Worked closely with the CEO to refine and upgrade a variety of aspects of the business's primary application.
- Introduced and configured the application to use Git for both version-control and deployment.
- Cleaned up, refined, and redesigned numerous front-end features for improved aesthetics and user experience.
- Designed and developed new functionality including features that improved sales and staff-productivity.
- Suggested and directed architectural changes to the application to improve efficiency and performance.
Web Developer (Contract)2015 - 2016Vermont Public Radio
Technologies: Python, Flask, Heroku, S3, PHP, Vagrant, Rabbit, Silex, Symfony, Twig, Twilio
- Worked closely with the director of digital services and in-house developers.
- Performed full-stack development work on VPR's home page, an entirely API-driven Silex application, including implementing new APIs or redeveloping existing connections and functionality and designing new interfaces to interact with new APIs or functionality.
- Built app components in Python to be consumed by VPR's mobile applications.
- Developed apps in Python to interact with voice/SMS channels via Twilio/TWIML.