Verified Expert in Engineering
In addition to more than eight years of experience working as a developer and team lead for various startups, Nick brings his passion for robust, scalable, and clean-code design to every project. His specialties include real-time systems, RESTful web services, web automation, business intelligence, scalability, and open-source software. Nick is eager to take on new challenges and is fast to adapt to new development environments.
Git, GraphQL, Node.js
The most amazing...
...project I've built is an intelligent logging service that prioritizes the most damaging errors and bugs based on the amount of damage to the company’s value.
Solidity Smart Contract (Polygon Network) and NFT Developer
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals - Main
- Implemented ERC4973 standard from scratch (Account Bound/Soulbound tokens).
- Wrote deployment and admin tools to manage the Soulbound tokens.
- Wrote unit and E2E tests to test the functionality of the main smart contracts.
- Implemented a multi-administrative access control functionality using OpenZeppelin libraries.
- Implemented a proxy pattern for the upgradeable smart contract functionality using OpenZeppelin libraries.
DeFi Developer for Customizing and Deploying Contracts [FT/PT]
- Audited smart contracts for the ERC20 token and EVM compatible wallet.
- Forked and customized a Synthetix farming pool smart contract.
- Built a React-based dApp for the staking protocol that integrates with other smart contracts like liquidity pools, ERC20 tokens, etc.
- Built the cryptocurrency price feed with a third-party API integration in React.
- Built a modern landing page for the staking protocol.
- Wrote unit and end-to-end tests for smart contracts.
- Built deployment and administrative scripts for the protocol.
Senior Blockchain Engineer
- Developed a smart contract for a lottery dApp in the Phenix Finance (DAO) ecosystem.
- Built the back end to automate the lottery system's administrative functionality.
- Handled the communication with DAO members to keep the momentum going.
Senior Blockchain Engineer
- Built a keeper network protocol on StarkNet with a zero-knowledge rollup based layer-2 scaling solution for Ethereum network.
- Architected highly efficient data structures in Cairo, a STARK-based Turing-complete language for writing provable programs.
- Wrote end-to-end and integration tests with 95+% code coverage.
- Prepared the technical solution for the NFT competition project.
- Built the revenue projection spreadsheet for investors.
- Planned the tokenomics of the ERC20 token, including staking and inflationary mechanics.
- Built high-frequency algorithmic trading software to arbitrage on ERC20 token opportunities.
- Developed a highly optimized smart contract for the trading software.
- Built the infrastructure to host and manage trading software.
- Integrated the trading software with more than 150 decentralized exchanges.
- Integrated the trading software with private transaction relay services.
- Integrated the trading software with performance and metrics monitoring tools.
Senior Software Engineer
Play One Up (Toptal Client)
- Built new features on GraphQL server using Node.js and TypeScript.
- Maintained legacy Node.js monolith application that was eventually rewritten into a new system by our team.
- Deployed all new code as microservices architecture.
- Followed TDD with high test coverage automated e2e tests.
- Maintained CI/CD pipelines built on Gitlab platform.
- Integrated payment gateways Maverick and Square and other 3rd party APIs.
- Built scripts and bots to a growth hack consumer-oriented iOS application.
Founder & CEO
- Founded and self-bootstrapped company in real estate tokenization space.
- Built team from one to seven in under six months, including engineers, sales, and marketing.
- Led the team to develop and market the first MVP version.
Lead Software Engineer
Quilt (Toptal Client)
- Maintained a legacy PHP back-end system built on Symfony.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
- Maintained a social networking app built on React and Redux.
- Developed the back end of a new audio social networking app with the Apollo GraphQL framework.
- Built a monthly subscription-based billing with App Store integration.
- Integrated Firebase and Apple sign-in as an authentication method.
- Built integration with Zoom to create meeting URLs for Quilt network members.
Co-founder and CTO
- Built a fully remote software development team of seven.
- Led the team to release the first production version.
- Planned and led the DevOps and growth hacking processes.
- Owned the git repositories and was in charge of back-end development.
Senior Software Engineer
Ads, Inc. (Toptal Client)
- Created a configurable framework for cloning sales funnels using Node.js.
- Wrote a headless proxy service that mimics real user behavior.
- Integrated a monitoring tool using the Slack API to receive real-time notifications about insights from the system.
- Built the CI/CD that enabled a faster development cycle between iterations for the whole system.
Lead Software Engineer
Multitudes (Toptal Client)
- Built a RESTful API back end based on the Laravel framework.
- Set up a CI/CD pipeline, using Jenkins to iterate faster on the product.
- Contributed to shaping the MVP version of the application.
Lead Software Engineer
Job Hub Group (via Toptal)
- Built integration with one of the largest CRM platforms: Hubspot.
- Built a tool for syncing and merging leads between different CRMs.
- Engineered an image labeling system using computer vision ML tools provided by AWS.
- Maintained the legacy monolith server-side Node.js application.
- Streamlined the development processes within the team.
- Helped the founder to rebuild the development team.
- Led the development team to a successful launch of MVP version.
Software Developer | Team Lead
- Maintained the existing projects related to payroll and attendance.
- Implemented an employee-monitoring system for a call center.
- Optimized the call-center-hiring process by automating the initial screening process.
- Developed and maintained software for high-volume lead generation.
- Implemented an email-tracking system for all outbound email templates, including reputation management by listening to AWS SES callbacks.
- Aided in the build of the in-house CRM.
- Automated the call and email marketing campaigns within the CRM.
Back-end Developer (Contractor)
- Built tools for monitoring competitor prices.
- Developed a bot for automating order-fulfilling process.
- Consulted on the best practices for building a remote team.
- Built an expired domains marketplace.
- Developed the internal system for finding the expired domains.
- Implemented high-scale automated verification and metrics-checking of the expired domains.
- Automated common support questions and ticket handling.
- Developed a fully automated revenue-sharing model between Dripway, its partners, and affiliates.
Co-founder | Software Developer
- Developed WHMCS portal and campaign management tools for our clients.
- Automated an order processing system through third-party providers.
- Built an SEO backlink scoring algorithm to maximize the results our clients were getting from campaigns.
- Partially automated the PPC advertising campaigns that we were running.
- Constructed dynamic landing pages based on the statistical data that we were tracking.
I was hired to develop some of the custom modules. I also optimized the server infrastructure by building a database cluster.
I worked on the algorithm and implementation of the underlying load balancing and helped with automatic server deployments.
I also integrated Facebook and Twitter APIs and Nexmo for SMS verification.
Technologies: ReactPHP, MySQL, Bootstrap
• Built a fully remote software development team.
• Led the team to release the first production version.
• Planned and led the DevOps and growth-hacking processes.
• Owned the Git repositories and was in charge of back-end development.
Technology Stack: Angular, Node.js, TypeScript, NPM, AWS, GraphQL, CI/CD
Angular, Laravel, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, OAuth 2, Lumen, Symfony, AngularJS, Truffle
Node.js, Twilio API, VK API, Social APIs, React, Web3.js, REST APIs, PayPal API, Puppeteer, ReactPHP, Amazon API, eBay API, jQuery, Bus API
Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Git, PhpStorm, Zoom, Azure Automation, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Vagrant, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Google Compute Engine (GCE)
Agile, MEAN Stack, Test Automation, REST, Concurrent Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD), Automation, DevOps, Testing, Microservices, Model-driven Engineering (MDE), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Web, LAMP, iOS, Blockchain, Ethereum, Azure, WHMCS, Heroku, Ubuntu, Kubernetes, Firebase, Blockchain Platforms
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, Redis, LAMP Server, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud
APIs, Domain-driven Design (DDD), A/B Testing, UI Testing, HTML Parsing (Cheerio), UI Automation, Web App Automation, Email Automation, QA Automation, Task Automation, Single-page Applications (SPA), Analytics, Ajax, Scraping, Agile QA, Test Engineer, Web Crawlers, Large-scale Web Crawlers, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Decentralized Applications, Crypto, API Integration, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Smart Contracts, Web 3.0, Decentralization, Polygon, Arbitrage, SOLID Principles, Fintech Consultant, ERC-20, ERC-1155, Stock Exchange, CTO, Leadership, Digital Asset Management, Exchanges, Fractionalization, Cryptocurrency Exchanges, ICO, Data Scraping, Web Scraping, Architecture, Back-end, Software Design, Back-end Development, Automation Tools, OAuth, Social, Algorithms, Tokenization, Non-fungible Tokens (NFT), Tokenomics, SMS, IPFS, VoIP, SOAP, Functional Design, Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO), Google Cloud Functions, Real Estate, Ethers.js, Cryptography, Hardhat, Starknet, Cronos, Cryptocurrency, Cryptocurrency Payments, ERC-721, Lottery, Gambling, ÐApp, DApps