Founder, Lead Developer2018 - PRESENTBulletWhale
Technologies: Unity3D, ASP.NET, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Discord Bots, Netcode, Game Design, Game Development, Game Tools Development, Level Design, .NET, Node.js, Scrum, Agile, Entity Framework, Entity Framework Core, Artificial Intelligence (AI), GitHub, Test-driven Development (TDD), AWS DynamoDB, REST
- Created an online co-op first-person horde shooter using the Unity engine (HDRP).
- Developed gameplay logic and systems that are fully replicated over the network.
- Designed enemy AI that focuses on surrounding and flanking the player, enhancing the active and fast gameplay experience.
- Built fast and efficient networked transforms that performed around 10-100 times better than the default Unity implementation at the time and allowed us to have 30 moving enemies on-screen at the same time.
- Developed a high-score system integrated with a discord bot, providing real-time updates to discord members when new records are set on a given day.
- Ported many visual effects from the standard rendering pipeline and URP to HDRP.
Developer2017 - 2020Mapiq
Technologies: Scrum, Agile, Entity Framework, Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET, C#, SQL, Node.js, Rhino, Python, Razor, .NET Core, Azure, CI/CD Pipelines, Software Architecture, jQuery, Azure DevOps, Git, Domain Models, Test-driven Development (TDD), Domain-driven Design (DDD), High Code Quality, SonarQube, Dapper, Azure Table Storage, Azure Key Vault, Azure Functions, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Virtual Networks, REST, Business to Business (B2B), Software, Engineering, Internet of Things (IoT), Business to Consumer (B2C), Microsoft SQL Server, REST APIs, RESTful APIs, Cloud Architecture
- Built a smart office platform for the Mapiq platform, used to manage many office features, such as meeting room availability, colleague localization, and integrations with numerous IoT devices and business applications.
- Developed the back-end architecture used for most microservices and the Mapiq OfficeShifts product.
- Developed parts of the localization framework used to show the position of employees within a building via routers and a smartphone app.
- Designed a microservices architecture to replace the legacy monolithic server architecture.
- Assisted in the development and migration from a single-tenant to a multi-tenant application, removing the need for individual servers for each tenant.
- Redesigned and developed a new setting layer to replace an old settings layer that had not performed as intended. The performance gain was a few orders of magnitude faster.
- Spearheaded code quality improvements, such as introducing SonarCloud, style guides, StyleCop, test coverage gates, and code reports. These changes improved the future development speed and code quality.
- Designed several CI/CD pipelines within Azure DevOps. Some of these pipelines were used to publish internal packages, and others were deployed to the Mapiq platform.
Student Mentor2016 - 2017Technical University Delft
Technologies: Java, Architecture, Education, Git, GitHub
- Counseled first-year computer science students to assist them in the change between high school and university and help them with their homework and other challenges.
- Educated students in software development, source control, and some programming patterns.
- Mediated between students and teachers in quarterly meetings where the performance of students and teachers was evaluated.
Junior Developer2014 - 2015Assistance Software (Acquired by Unit4)
Technologies: C#, .NET, HTML5, Ext JS, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SQL, SOAP, SoapUI, Subversion (SVN)
- Built many web apps used within the PSA solution for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The company was quite successful and later acquired by Unit4.
- Developed parts of the PSA project management suite and assisted in porting the old Microsoft Silverlight application to HTML5 using Ext JS.
- Built a tablet/phone app for Windows Phone using URP and .NET. The app showed project details in a quick and organized way.
- Developed a financial accounting suite for the company.
- Published and maintained apps in the windows store.