Data Engineer2020 - 2020Marketsonics LLC
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bash, PostgreSQL, Terraform, ETL, CSV, Slack App, Bitbucket, Apache Airflow, AWS, Docker, Python 3
- Refactored existing ETL Python code, achieving 10x reduction in total lines of code vastly improving readability and maintainability.
- Designed and implemented custom cloud architecture for handling specific ETL workloads very efficiently and cheaply using Apache Airflow, AWS batch and Docker.
- Set up automatic alerts in case of any failure during periodic jobs.
Full-stack Developer | Machine Learning Engineer2019 - 2020inovex GmbH
- Developed a fully functional image-captioning service including a web-page and highly available REST API with a team of four.
- Implemented and trained an image captioning model from scratch based on the latest research papers in the the field.
- Designed the micro-service architecture for usable image captioning and deployment on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Implemented continuous integration/development pipelines for all the micro-services using GitLab enterprise tools.
- Wrote a blog-post about project details including information about technologies as well as management methodologies.
- Established Google Cloud Budget alerts for automatically monitoring and notifying team members about possible budget overruns.
Tutor in the Master Course of Foundations in Data Engineering2019 - 2020Technical University of Munich
Technologies: Spark, Scala, C++, Bash
- Conducted tutorial sessions with students explaining the most important aspects of the lecture and answering questions.
- Held appointment study sessions for students who needed individual help with the lectures and assignments.
- Took part in grading assignments and final exams.
Senior Software Developer | Data Scientist2016 - 2020Leavingstone
- Developed a framework for creating and deploying dialog systems (chatbots) on Facebook Messenger.
- Implemented numerous chatbots, the best of which had more than a million interactions and a second-day retention rate of 20%.
- Created a graph-based web interface for easily assembling custom chatbots with only entering dialog texts and not a single line of code.
- Wrote a chatbot for helping citizens wrongly fined by the police in Georgia. It would query users about circumstances of the offence and then automatically generate personalized appeal PDF for submission to the court.
- Developed a platform of custom real-time data analytics for a retail chain with more than 250 stores throughout Tbilisi.
- Implemented a recommendation system for a large retail business. It would automatically generate special offers and gifts for loyal customers using machine learning tools.
- Created a web scraper for continuously gathering publicly available data about all the parking tickets written in Tbilisi.
- Designed and Implemented a data analytics web page about all the parking tickets in Tbilisi. It included a heatmap and other types of charts as well as textual comments with analysis.
- Built an API for guessing a person's nationality based on their first and last name, using deep natural language processing (Fast.ai).
- Built a REST API for transliterating from English to Georgian using Flask and SQL.
Python Developer2019 - 2019Elasticiti Inc
Technologies: Snowflake, Markdown, Amazon Web Services (AWS), JSON, Apache Airflow, SQL, Requests, Pandas, Python
- Refactored the existing Apache Airflow project to remove code duplication and make it easily extensible.
- Examined existing ETL pipelines, tracked and fixed bugs.
- Implemented, tested and deployed a new ETL pipeline for handling daily updated raw client data.
- Created a detailed wiki markdown documentation about my work and other parts of the existing project.
Senior Software Developer | Web Automation Engineer2018 - 2018The Rundown
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker Compose, Docker, AWS, MySQL, Spring, Flask, Scrapy, Requests, HTTP, Selenium, Java, Python
- Developed a scraping tool for automatically gathering live data from various sports-betting websites.
- Implemented a REST API using Flask to make the sports-betting data easily accessible for other services.
- Built automated testing/integration tools for easy and painless software updates.
- Conducted daily stand-up meetings for all the developers to catch up with each other and plan the following day.
- Developed a REST API to automatically and instantly place bets on various sports-betting websites.
- Implemented an algorithm to gather all the available sports-betting data, find and place profitable bets.
Software/Web Scraping Engineer2016 - 2018Freelance
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), PyQt 5, AWS, Spark, Scala, Selenium, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Django, Scrapy, Python
- Implemented a data aggregation framework that would collect, process and extract daily data about various online game stats in order to help the client (Jabre Capital Partners) with the stock market trading decisions.
- Developed a desktop GUI program for monitoring and automatically purchasing rare items in eCommerce shops when these items come in-stock. The websites were Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, and The Source.
- Built a microframework in Python for writing auto-trader robots for cryptocurrencies using the Coinigy API.
- Wrote a Python program to use the Amazon Web Services API and automatically manage tags for all the resources.
- Developed a web crawler for collecting and storing discount coupon codes.
- Created a tool for exporting slides as JPEG images from Microsoft PowerPoint using Python, Unoconv, and Convert.
- Rewrote large numerical analysis project from Visual Basic to modern Python 3 with careful testing to guarantee the same output.
- Implemented and deployed a custom trading strategy on Python 3 and the Coinigy platform.
- Wrote more than 20 small web-scraping programs using Python.