Senior Data Engineer2022 - PRESENTThe Story Market
Technologies: Python 3, Apache Airflow, Docker, Docker Compose, Splash, Scrapy, MongoDB, AWS, AWS S3, AWS EC2, AWS Lambda, AWS RDS, PostgreSQL, Pandas
- Successfully deployed the entire ETL job infrastructure on AWS using containerized apache airflow.
- Refactored existing data handling code, making it 8x smaller.
- Developed a framework on top of Apache Airflow to reduce the cost of adding new publishers to The Story Market network.
Software Developer2021 - 2022Bar-All
Technologies: Python 3, XML, MVC Design, Web, Odoo, Odoo.sh, Apps, PostgreSQL, APIs
- Successfully led the Odoo application database migration for the upgrade process from version 13 to version 14.
- Refactored and upgraded legacy Odoo applications to make them work in a more modern Odoo 14 environment.
- Implemented the Odoo application customization to make day-to-day business operations seamless and less error-prone.
Data Engineer2020 - 2022Marketsonics LLC
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bash, PostgreSQL, Terraform, ETL, CSV, Slack App, Bitbucket, Apache Airflow, AWS, Docker, Python 3
- Refactored existing ETL Python code, achieving a 10x reduction in the total lines of code, vastly improving readability and maintainability.
- Designed and implemented custom cloud architecture for handling specific ETL workloads very efficiently and cheaply using Apache Airflow, AWS batch, and Docker.
- Set up automatic alerts in case of any failure during periodic jobs.
Full-stack Developer | Machine Learning Engineer2019 - 2020inovex GmbH
- Developed a fully functional image-captioning service with a team of four, including a web page and a highly available REST API.
- Implemented and trained an image captioning model from scratch based on the latest research papers in the field.
- Designed the micro-service architecture for usable image captioning and deployment on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Implemented continuous integration/development pipelines for all the microservices, using GitLab enterprise tools.
- Wrote a blog post about project details, including information on technologies and management methodologies.
- Established Google Cloud Budget alerts to automatically monitor and notify team members about possible budget overruns.
Master Course in Foundations of Data Engineering Tutor2019 - 2020Technical University of Munich
Technologies: Spark, Scala, C++, Bash
- Conducted tutorial sessions with students explaining the most important aspects of the lecture and answering questions.
- Held study sessions for students who needed individual help with the lectures and assignments.
- Took part in grading assignments and final exams.
Senior Software Developer | Data Scientist2016 - 2020Leavingstone
- Developed a framework for creating and deploying dialog systems (chatbots) on Facebook Messenger.
- Implemented numerous chatbots, the best of which had more than a million interactions and a second-day retention rate of 20%.
- Created a graph-based web interface for easy assembly of custom chatbots by entering dialog texts and not a single line of code.
- Wrote a chatbot for helping citizens wrongly fined by the police in Georgia. It would query users about the circumstances of the offense and automatically generate a personalized appeal PDF for submission to the court.
- Developed a platform of custom real-time data analytics for a retail chain with more than 250 stores throughout Tbilisi.
- Implemented a recommendation system for a large retail business. It would automatically generate special offers and gifts for loyal customers, using machine learning tools.
- Created a web scraper to continuously gather publicly available data about all the parking tickets written in Tbilisi.
- Designed and Implemented a data analytics web page on all the parking tickets in Tbilisi. It included a heatmap, other types of charts, and textual comments with analysis.
- Built an API for guessing a person's nationality based on their first and last name, using deep natural language processing (Fast.ai).
- Built a REST API for transliterating from English to Georgian, using Flask and SQL.
Python Developer2019 - 2019Elasticiti Inc
Technologies: Snowflake, Markdown, Amazon Web Services (AWS), JSON, Apache Airflow, SQL, Requests, Pandas, Python
- Refactored the existing Apache Airflow project to remove code duplication and make it easily extensible.
- Examined existing ETL pipelines and tracked and fixed bugs.
- Implemented, tested, and deployed a new ETL pipeline for handling daily updated raw client data.
- Created a detailed wiki markdown documentation about my work and other parts of the existing project.
Senior Software Developer | Web Automation Engineer2018 - 2018The Rundown
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker Compose, Docker, AWS, MySQL, Spring, Flask, Scrapy, Requests, HTTP, Selenium, Java, Python
- Developed a scraping tool for automatically gathering live data from various sports-betting websites.
- Implemented a REST API using Flask to make the sports-betting data easily accessible for other services.
- Built automated testing/integration tools for easy and painless software updates.
- Conducted daily stand-up meetings for all the developers to catch up with each other and plan the following day.
- Developed a REST API to automatically and instantly place bets on various sports betting websites.
- Implemented an algorithm to gather all the available sports-betting data and find and place profitable bets.
Software/Web Scraping Engineer2016 - 2018Freelance
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), PyQt 5, AWS, Spark, Scala, Selenium, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Django, Scrapy, Python
- Implemented a data aggregation framework that would collect, process, and extract daily data about various online game stats to help the client (Jabre Capital Partners) with stock market trading decisions.
- Developed a desktop GUI program to monitor and automatically purchase rare items in eCommerce shops when these items come in stock. The websites were Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, and The Source.
- Built a microframework in Python for writing auto-trader robots for cryptocurrencies, using the Coinigy API.
- Wrote a Python program to use the AWS API and automatically manage tags for all the resources.
- Developed a web crawler for collecting and storing discount coupon codes.
- Created a tool for exporting slides as JPEG images from Microsoft PowerPoint using Python, Unoconv, and Convert.
- Rewrote a large numerical analysis project from Visual Basic to modern Python 3 with careful testing to guarantee the same output.
- Implemented and deployed a custom trading strategy on Python 3 and the Coinigy platform.
- Wrote more than 20 small web-scraping programs using Python.