Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Scientist and Developer
Nika has over five years of experience working in tech, specializing in Python, data engineering, web scraping, and machine learning. He has a master's degree in data engineering and analytics and a great deal of experience working with various technologies. Nika is personable, communicates exceptionally well, and stands out with his work ethic.
Python, Unix, Data Engineering, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Analytics, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Databases, Deep Neural Networks, Test-driven Development (TDD), Data Warehousing, HTML, CSS, Prefect
The most amazing...
...project I've created is a state-of-the-art face forgery detection model. (https://bit.ly/3gWRbIz)
Python and Django Developer
Touch Inflight Solutions
- Consulted with the client to improve the project description and requirements.
- Deployed Apache Airflow on the client's Azure cloud environment using Docker containers and Microsoft Azure SQL Database for PostgreSQL.
- Developed a seamless integration with a uniform interaction interface to FTP servers, Azure Blob Storage, Microsoft OneDrive, and SharePoint.
- Refactored the existing Python data handling script to work within the Airflow structure and scheduler.
- Prepared full documentation on how the project works and how it can be extended for future work.
Senior Python Developer
implicit diagnostics & solutions
- Created software that enables the retrieval of TikTok videos based on search phrases from any global location via a suitable proxy and captures all related statistics, like views and publication date, along with the user's profile details.
- Built a customizable storage back end for optionally storing the collected data on Amazon S3 or a local disk.
- Developed a data exporting tool to take the raw collected data and export it in an easily digestible table format.
- Wrote extensive documentation about how the project works and how it can be used and extended for future development.
Senior Data Engineer
The Story Market
- Deployed the entire ETL job infrastructure on AWS using containerized Apache Airflow.
- Refactored the existing data handling code, making it eight times smaller.
- Developed a framework on top of Apache Airflow to reduce the cost of adding new publishers to The Story Market network.
- Led the Odoo application database migration for the upgrade process from version 13 to version 14.
- Refactored and upgraded legacy Odoo applications to make them work in a more modern Odoo 14 environment.
- Implemented the Odoo application customization to make day-to-day business operations seamless and less error-prone.
- Refactored the existing ETL Python code, achieving a 10x reduction in the total lines of code, vastly improving readability and maintainability.
- Designed and implemented custom cloud architecture for handling specific ETL workloads very efficiently and inexpensively using Apache Airflow, AWS Batch, and Docker.
- Set up automatic alerts in case of any failure during periodic jobs.
Full-stack Developer | Machine Learning Engineer
- Developed a fully functional image-captioning service with a team of four, including a web page and a highly available REST API.
- Implemented and trained an image captioning model from scratch based on the latest research papers in the field.
- Designed the micro-service architecture for usable image captioning and deployment on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Implemented continuous integration and development pipelines for all the microservices using GitLab enterprise tools.
- Wrote a blog post about project details, including information on technologies and management methodologies.
- Established Google Cloud budget alerts to automatically monitor and notify team members about possible budget overruns.
Master Course in Foundations of Data Engineering Tutor
Technical University of Munich
- Conducted tutorial sessions with students, explaining the most important aspects of the lecture and answering questions.
- Held study sessions for students who needed individual help with the lectures and assignments.
- Took part in grading assignments and final exams.
Senior Software Developer | Data Scientist
- Developed a framework for creating and deploying dialog systems (chatbots) on Facebook Messenger.
- Implemented numerous chatbots, the best of which had more than a million interactions and a second-day retention rate of 20%.
- Created a graph-based web interface for easy assembly of custom chatbots by entering dialog texts and not a single line of code.
- Wrote a chatbot for helping citizens wrongly fined by the police in Georgia. It queried users about the circumstances of the offense and automatically generated a personalized appeal PDF for submission to the court.
- Developed a custom real-time data analytics platform for a retail chain with over 250 stores throughout Tbilisi.
- Implemented a recommendation system for a large retail business. It automatically generated special offers and gifts for loyal customers using machine learning tools.
- Created a web scraper to continuously gather publicly available data about all the parking tickets written in Tbilisi.
- Designed and implemented a data analytics web page on all the parking tickets in Tbilisi. It included a heatmap, other types of charts, and textual comments with analysis.
- Built an API for guessing a person's nationality based on their first and last name, using deep natural language processing (Fast.ai).
- Made a REST API for transliterating from English to Georgian, using Flask and SQL.
- Refactored the existing Apache Airflow project to remove code duplication and make it easily extensible.
- Examined existing ETL pipelines and tracked and fixed bugs.
- Implemented, tested, and deployed a new ETL pipeline for handling daily updated raw client data.
- Created a detailed wiki markdown documentation about my work and other parts of the existing project.
Senior Software Developer | Web Automation Engineer
- Developed a scraping tool for automatically gathering live data from various sports betting websites.
- Implemented a REST API using Flask to make the sports betting data easily accessible for other services.
- Built automated testing and integration tools for easy and painless software updates.
- Conducted daily stand-up meetings for all the developers to catch up with each other and plan the following day.
- Developed a REST API to automatically and instantly place bets on various sports betting websites.
- Implemented an algorithm to gather all the available sports betting data and find and place profitable bets.
Software and Web-scraping Engineer
- Implemented a data aggregation framework to collect, process, and extract daily data about various online game stats to help the client, Jabre Capital Partners, with stock market trading decisions.
- Developed a desktop GUI program to monitor and automatically purchase rare items in eCommerce shops when these items come in stock. The websites were Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, and The Source.
- Built a microframework in Python for writing auto-trader robots for cryptocurrencies using the Coinigy API.
- Wrote a Python program to use the AWS API and automatically manage tags for all the resources.
- Developed a web crawler for collecting and storing discount coupon codes.
- Created a tool for exporting slides as JPEG images from Microsoft PowerPoint using Python, Unoconv, and Convert.
- Rewrote a large numerical analysis project from Visual Basic to modern Python 3 with careful testing to guarantee the same output.
- Implemented and deployed a custom trading strategy on Python 3 and the Coinigy platform.
- Wrote more than 20 small web-scraping programs using Python.
Lempel Ziv Compression
Deep Face Forgery Detectionhttps://github.com/Megatvini/DeepFaceForgeryDetection
A detailed description is available in the following paper:
Image Captioning Service (Web and API)https://www.inovex.de/blog/end-to-end-image-captioning/
The project was entirely developed with Agile methodologies and my role was to oversee the whole development process and take part in the actual coding/implementation.
Selenium, Spark, Flask, Scrapy, Django REST Framework, Django, Apache Spark, Swagger, gRPC, Spring
Beautiful Soup, PyMongo, Matplotlib, Pandas, NumPy, Requests, PyTorch, REST APIs, Python API, SQLAlchemy, Node.js, Setuptools, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyQt 5, Spark ML, Apiary API, Google Cloud API, PySpark, PyTorch Lightning, Mypy, Vue, PhantomJS, Django ORM, Twitch API, PyQt, SciPy, PiLLoW
Scraping Hub, GitHub, GitLab, Jupyter, JetBrains, Apache Airflow, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon SageMaker, Pytest, Postman, Seaborn, Spark SQL, Tableau, Git, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Terraform, BigQuery, IntelliJ IDEA, Bitbucket, Helm, Docker Compose, Unoconv, Boto 3, PyCharm, MATLAB, Odoo, Virtualenv
Data Science, ETL, Test-driven Development (TDD), Automation, REST, Unit Testing, Microservices, DevOps, Agile, Testing, MVC Design
Jupyter Notebook, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, Spark Core, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Databricks, ConvertKit, Linux CentOS 7, Android, Windows, Google Cloud SDK, Web, Splash, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Unix
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Databases, Google Cloud Storage, Data Pipelines, XML Parsing, Database Modeling, Data Integration, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, PostgreSQL 10.1, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, Google Cloud, JSON, Cassandra
Scraping, Data Scraping, Screen Scraping, Store Scraping, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Site Bots, Bots, Machine Learning, Networks, HTTP, Supervised Learning, Text Classification, Classification, Predictive Learning, Algorithms, Clustering Algorithms, Statistics, Software Development, Big Data, Machine Vision, Web Scraping, Artificial Intelligence (AI), APIs, Deep Learning, Software Engineering, HTML Parsing, WebSockets, Datasets, Computer Vision, Back-end, Email Parsing, Document Parsing, PDF, Data Modeling, Software Architecture, Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), Neural Networks, Web Crawlers, Text Analytics, Data Collection, Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Information Extraction, DataFrames, Multi-task Cascaded Convolutional Neural Networks (MTCNN), Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), Generative Artificial Intelligence (GenAI), Image Processing, API Integration, Data Visualization, Data Aggregation, Exploratory Data Analysis, Data Analytics, Containerization, NLU, Deep Neural Networks, Data Warehousing, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), CSV File Processing, Kubernetes Operations (kOps), Google BigQuery, Architecture, Data Engineering, Serverless, API Applications, Parquet, HTTPS, Unsupervised Learning, Regression, Classification Algorithms, Heuristic & Exact Algorithms, Optimization Algorithms, Genetic Algorithms, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning Automation, ETL Tools, ETL Development, Amazon RDS, Data Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Model Development, Distributed Systems, Quantitative Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Back-end Development, CI/CD Pipelines, Recommendation Systems, Data-informed Recommendations, Amazon Kinesis, Simulations, Product Development, Team Leadership, Product Roadmaps, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), Hugging Face, BERT, FastAPI, Speech Recognition, Risk Analysis, Predictive Modeling, Statistical Modeling, Prefect, Slack App, CSV, Google Cloud Functions, Information Theory, Data Compression Algorithms, Cloud, Image Compression, Video Compression, Research, MLflow, Images, Apps, Forecasting, OpenAI, Stable Diffusion, DALL-E, DreamBooth, Midjourney, Documentation
Master's Degree in Data Engineering and Analytics
Technical University of Munich - Munich, Germany
Nanodegree in Data Analytics
Udacity - Udacity.com
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Free University of Tbilisi - Tbilisi, Georgia
Deep Learning Specialization