Software Engineer2018 - 2019DeliveryHero Hungerstation (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, React
- Worked on introducing command and repository patterns to an existing Rails app in order to break down the app into manageable components.
- Implemented new features in the GraphQL-based API used by the React front-end.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018Grubhub, Inc.
Technologies: Java, Spring, Guice, Python, React, AWS SNS/SQS
- Developed a search system to search for orders, deliveries and couriers using Elasticsearch and Cassandra.
- Created Apache Spark jobs to intake and ingest large sets of data into Elasticsearch and Cassandra as a backup system.
- Maintained a central delivery operations service which manages all restaurants, markets, and couriers in the Grubhub system.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017Zoomer Delivery, Inc. (acquired by Grubhub)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Angular, Ionic, Python
- Created a recruitment funneling system for driver applicants.
- Automated the process of driver application processing starting from the process of online application, background checks, contract signing, and finally creating a driver in the Zoomer system.
- Developed multiple features to increase the efficiency of deliveries.
- Created new features, improved app performance, and fixed bugs for the main Zoomer platform, which encompasses all of the day-to-day operations.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Cake, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ember, Node, Cordova, PhoneGap
- Developed a mobile application in Ember.js for finding new restaurants in a given area, adding reviews and ordering food.
- Modified server-side logic in Node.js to accommodate changes in requirements for the mobile app.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015Intercom, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ember, Node.js, Backbone.js, Java, Dropwizard, PHP
- Developed a global user events feed and user profile REST API using Ruby on Rails.
- Created client-side global user events and user profile applications using Ember.js.
- Created Intercom apps for the Salesforce and Zendesk platforms.
- Added integration for GitHub issues and Intercom conversations.
- Built a PHP and Ruby client for the Intercom API.
Web Developer2013 - 2014Inverse Point
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, PHP, Redis, MySQL, Memcached
- Developed an entire inventory lifecycle management software system for a fashion company (Mr. Draper LLC).
- Created internal accounting software using PHP for a public sector company with branches in more than 100 countries.
- Developed software for fleet, sales, and customer relations management using Ruby on Rails and AngularJS for car rental and sales companies in UAE.
- Created a CRM module for a consulting company based in Dubai using Ruby on Rails.
- Developed an online commerce platform for an electronics retail company based in Dubai.
Software Developer2009 - 2011Vector Foiltec GmbH
Technologies: Lisp, C++
- Implemented an AutoCAD module to automate generation of construction parts from a building model using Lisp.
- Developed a C++ plugin for AutoCAD to create a geometric projection of a 3D object to the plane.
- Created a reusable VBA module for calculation of stability wires for large structures.
- Supported an existing automation tool for AutoCAD to dissect construction parts for machinery,.
- Developed a small module for automation of the Leipzig Zoo roof construction.
- Intercom (Development)https://www.intercom.com
I worked on global user events and user profile parts of the Intercom application. I also created integrations with third-party services such as Zendesk, Salesforce, and GitHub.
- Mr. Draper (Development)http://mrdraper.ae
An inventory management platform built using Ruby on Rails. It is integrated with Salesforce as a CRM back-end and Payfort as a payment processor. The system handles the whole product lifecycle, starting from its creation in the warehouse through payment handling and delivery to the customer.
- MPremiere Box Office (Development)
I developed a complete box office software system for ticket sales and event management. The system is built using PHP and makes use of a CashU payment API to process credit card payments.
- Fleetroller (Development)
Complete fleet, sales, and customer relations management software developed using AngularJS, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, and Redis. It is specifically tailored for Gulf Cooperation Council countries.
- Grubhub Delivery Operations Center (Development)http://grubhub.com/
A central system that manages restaurant working hours, market blackouts, courier communication and scheduling. One of the largest features I have worked on is the functionality of automatically managing the number of drivers depending on the market supply/demand.
FrameworksEmber.js, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Express.js, Django, React Native, Sinatra, Flask
Libraries/APIsZendesk API, Intercom API, Facebook API, Salesforce API, Node.js, PayPal API, React
ToolsIntelliJ, Vim Text Editor, Git, Sublime Text, RubyMine, Zen Coding
ParadigmsREST, Agile Software Development, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Test-driven Development (TDD), Functional Programming
PlatformsMacOS, Linux, Salesforce
StorageMySQL, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
OtherApplied Mathematics, Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science degree in Applied and Computational Mathematics2008 - 2011Jacobs University - Bremen, Germany