Verified Expert in Engineering
Nurazem is a developer with extensive experience in building efficient, well-designed, and scalable web applications. As a part of software development teams at Zoomer, Grubhub, Intercom, and DeliveryHero, he has developed complex online business management applications and been responsible for products through their entire lifecycle.
Git, RubyMine, ITerm, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Sublime Text, OS X
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a mathematical algorithm to build an elastic projection from a linear projection to shape complex 3D objects.
Senior Software Engineer
Plainfield Technologies, Inc.
- Designed and implemented multiple features from scratch: LAPM management, DEWR, and account management, among others.
- Created a fully-fledged billing system in compliance with California Transportation Authority requirements. The billing system supports per-seat and usage-based billing, prorations up to determined dates, and custom invoices with rich metadata.
- Introduced TDD/BDD frameworks, added background job queues, and developed logging and CI/CD pipelines.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
BlockCompare (via Toptal)
- Developed an app that monitors different key indicators of Bitcoin exchanges, wallets, and interest accounts and, as a result, makes recommendations based on user preferences indicated in a multiple-choice quiz.
- Took over a Phoenix/React app one month after its inception and delivered a completed product in five months.
- Made use of external APIs such as CoinAPI to retrieve, process, and display various properties of Bitcoin exchanges.
Senior Software Engineer
CoStar Realla (via Toptal)
- - Worked on adding various new properties to the web spiders in the system created to crawl a large number of third-party websites.
- - Transformed several central ERB template pages to Vue.js based components.
- - Developed different algorithms for querying and analyzing records stored in ElasticSearch database.
DeliveryHero Hungerstation (via Toptal)
- Worked on introducing command and repository patterns to an existing Rails app.
- Broke the app down into manageable individual components.
- Implemented new features in the GraphQL-based API used by the React front end.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a search system for orders, deliveries, and couriers using Elasticsearch and Cassandra.
- Created Apache Spark jobs to intake and ingest large data sets into Elasticsearch and Cassandra as a backup system.
- Maintained a central delivery operations service that manages all restaurants, markets, and couriers in the Grubhub system.
Zoomer Delivery, Inc. (acquired by Grubhub)
- Created a recruitment funneling system for driver applicants.
- Automated the process of driver application processing starting from the process of online application, background checks, contract signing, and finally creating a driver in the Zoomer system.
- Developed multiple features to increase the efficiency of deliveries.
- Created new features, improved app performance, and fixed bugs for the main Zoomer platform, which encompasses all of the day-to-day operations.
Cake, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Developed a mobile application in Ember.js for finding new restaurants in a given area, adding reviews and ordering food.
- Modified server-side logic in Node.js to accommodate changes in requirements for the mobile app.
- Developed a global user events feed and user profile REST API using Ruby on Rails.
- Created client-side global user events and user profile applications using Ember.js.
- Created Intercom apps for the Salesforce and Zendesk platforms.
- Added integration for GitHub issues and Intercom conversations.
- Built a PHP and Ruby client for the Intercom API. Also worked on enhancing Intercom Python client.
- Developed an entire inventory lifecycle management software system for a fashion startup (Mr. Draper LLC - largest in the region).
- Created internal accounting software using PHP for a public sector company with branches in more than 100 countries.
- Developed software for fleet, sales, and customer relations management using Ruby on Rails and AngularJS for car rental and sales companies in UAE.
- Created a CRM module for a consulting company based in Dubai using Ruby on Rails.
Vector Foiltec GmbH
- Implemented an AutoCAD module to automate the generation of construction parts from a building model using Lisp.
- Developed a C++ plugin for AutoCAD to create a geometric projection of a 3D object to the plane.
- Created a reusable VBA module to calculate stability wires for large structures.
- Supported an existing automation tool for AutoCAD to dissect construction parts for machinery.
- Developed a small module for automation of the Leipzig Zoo roof construction.
Grubhub Delivery Operations Centerhttp://grubhub.com/
Ember.js, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Angular, Dropwizard, PhoneGap, Ionic, Spring, Guice, Phoenix, React Native, Sinatra, Flask
React, Zendesk API, Intercom API, Salesforce API, Node.js, PayPal API, Twilio API, Backbone.js, Vue
IntelliJ IDEA, Vim Text Editor, Git, Sublime Text, RubyMine, Zen Coding, ITerm, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
REST, Agile Software Development, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Test-driven Development (TDD), Functional Programming
Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Linux, OS X, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Salesforce
MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch
Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Software Development, Cordova
Bachelor of Science Degree in Applied and Computational Mathematics
Jacobs University - Bremen, Germany
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring