Lead UI Developer (Contract)2020 - PRESENTBNP Paribas
Technologies: React, Redux, Typescript, Redux-Observable, RxJS, LESS, Reselect
- Analyzed the existing code structure and re-designed the dependency between packages to ensure better scalability of the codebase.
- Consolidated the code structure to remove duplication and ensure that new features are added in a clear and well-defined way.
- Developed features for the Rates trading UI to uplift sections from legacy Angular code into new React components.
UI Technical Lead (Contract)2019 - 2019Adaptive Financial Consulting
Technologies: React, Redux, Typescript, Redux-Observable, Jest, Styled-Components, Formik
- Delivered on a time-critical project in the role of UI lead, building out a data-heavy admin interface for an FX exchange whilst setting the UI strategy for future work.
- Worked with large real-time datasets over WebSocket in combination with extensive customization of ag-grid to deliver functionality to the user.
- Followed strict UX design guidelines to build out a themed, reusable component library, allowing for a customized theme file to be injected in at runtime.
- Mentored junior developers to ensure best practices were followed around component structure and use of React Hooks/Context APIs.
Principle UI Consultant and Project Lead (Contract)2016 - 2019Digiterre Consulting
Technologies: React, Redux, Typescript, Webpack, Redux-Saga, Reselect, Jest, Mocha, Sass, Lerna
- Set up and ran a scrum team to replace a legacy web front end with a new React UI. Acted as scrum master and lead developer organizing a team of five developers across two regions. (BGC Partners).
- Led a complex UI integration bringing a legacy AngularJS trading front end onto a strategic React/Redux platform. (BGC Partner).
- Architected and developed a greenfield React/Redux UI as part of a year-long legacy system replacement for fund fees and rebates. (Old Mutual Global Investors).
- Successfully launched a greenfield FX project into development relating to batch pricing of orders. Completed an initial POC consisting of a complex Sales UI in React responding to high-frequency real-time pricing data over WebSocket. (BNY Mellon).
Senior Developer and Project Lead (Contract)2014 - 2015Goldman Sachs
Technologies: Java, MyBatis, JDBC, EhCache, JUnit, Mockito, Sybase ASE, SVN
- Improved reporting performance by 90% by re-architecting the caching strategy for on-demand data using EhCache.
- Re-architected the entire data access layer so it could be taken forward strategically with full unit test coverage to a high quality.
- Led the project analysis and requirements prioritization to ensure the highest value was delivered within the tight project timeline.
Senior Technology Analyst2012 - 2014Goldman Sachs
Technologies: Java, C# .NET, WPF, LINQ, MOQ, NUnit, JUnit, Sybase ASE, SVN
- Led a major project to uplift a complex trading workflow with a greenfield WPF UI, incorporating new compliance requirements and reducing time to market.
- Owned the overall UX design strategy for the global team and acted as a scrum master for a cross-regional project team of three developers.
- Mentored new graduates in OO design, TDD, and clean coding through seminars.
Application Developer Analyst2008 - 2011Goldman Sachs
Technologies: Java, Mockito, JUnit, C#.NET, WinForms, Sybase ASE, XML, JSON, CVS
- Developed, supported, and maintained a range of tools and trading systems for the GSAM Fixed Income trading desk.
- Owned the UI design and development of a new money market trading system.
- Implemented complex data processing algorithms for trade data.