- Data Scientist | Machine Learning Specialist2017 - PRESENTA US-based Investment Management Firm
Technologies: Python, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Pandas, MongoDB, Jupyter Notebook, AWS, React.js, NLTK
- Researched and tested prediction models with a Python stack using machine learning regressors and natural language processing techniques.
- Derived features from various sources including forming vector representations of words/documents using a Bag of Words model (with NLTK) and neural networks (with TensorFlow).
- Developed a configurable model backtesting (and backfilling) system making extensive use of various Pandas functionality.
- Improved the reliability of a Selenium-based framework for scraping websites to source data for model training, including improved logging and reports of nightly performance.
- Created a framework for mining and structuring of data from particular sections of PDF files.
- Enhanced and bug-fixed a React/Redux web app used for showing predictions.
- Machine Learning Engineer2016 - 2017Wedifique
Technologies: Python, Scikit-learn, Pandas, NumPy, MongoDB, Node.js, AngularJS
- Implemented a collaborative filtering learning algorithm using Python libraries for use in a product recommendation system.
- Allowed the ability for learning algorithm to be influenced by administrator suggestions when deciding feature weighings.
- Updated aspects of main web app, where necessary on both the Node.js back-end and AngularJS front-end.
- Queried (using MongoDB) and derived data for use in user/trend analysis and to populate reports/graphs.
- Set up a web/worker multiple server infrastructure using AMQP with Heroku.
- Full-stack Developer2016 - 2016Swtch
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, Bootstrap, Express, PostgreSQL, Gulp
- Created a geolocation web app proof of concept using primarily AngularJS.
- Developed a complex user registration and booking system that was persisted to a PostgreSQL database using a pg-promise library in Node.js.
- Styled an app using Bootstrap so that it is responsive and can be used on a variety of devices.
- Implemented a RESTful API using Express and Node.js.
- Associate Developer2013 - 2016Goldman Sachs
- Collaborated with global market risk business to design and maintain platform producing bank’s risk metrics.
- Used the firm's Python-like proprietary language to build and test a framework to collate big data sets and to automate the creation of stress test reports for regulators.
- Led the development team that produced an AngularJS web app and RESTful API to allow users to adjust risk measures and audit these changes.
- Conducted interviews of lateral hires and of interns/analysts for tech division.
- Assisted in integrating a platform into a new distributed computing framework, including occasional examination of platform's core C++ code.
- Co-created a Java-based version system for report configurations which could be controlled via an AngularJS web app.
- Investigated machine learning methods for possible use in the department.
- Analytics Developer2010 - 2013RBS Markets & International Banking
Technologies: C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET, Oracle, VBA
- Developed and maintained a .NET web-based application for analyzing and visualizing time series data for a range of financial products.
- Performed extensive regression testing and other analysis as part of the regular upgrades in pricing libraries the tool depended on.
- Implemented Agile methodologies in delivering a number C# coding assignments to add new analytics.
- Trained the support and development teams around the globe including a trip to Singapore to facilitate this.
- Created a VBA tool for logging emails sent to the support inbox which then detected whether they had been responded to. This was then summarized in a management report.
- Inside Licensing Specialist2010 - 2010Microsoft
Technologies: VBA, Excel
- Automated the building of a spreadsheet which was compiled from various sources and also kept track of deal progress for a Munich-based licensing team.
- Created a tool using VBA to identify discrepancies between two customer pricing sheets (taking into account that entries may be present in both, but in different row locations).
- Presented these tools at team calls and wrote up documentation for them in English and German.
- Added new statistics for the account planning sheet including the data mining of past discounts given to customers.
- Assisted the licensing sales specialists with price and product migration queries.