Verified Expert in Engineering
Param has an extensive techno-functional background in the banking and finance industry with hands-on experience in legacy modernization, including system analysis, software design, development, and migration projects. He is a motivated developer who loves to embrace new technologies to deliver innovative solutions. Param enjoys solving complex problems and streamlining existing systems. He strives to automate and enhance work processes to improve team efficiency.
Windows, IBM Db2, z/OS, Python 3, COBOL, REXX, JCL, VBScript, Tableau, Scripting, Microsoft Word, Mainframe, Documentation
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is to embrace and implement new technologies on legacy platforms by building dashboards and alerts in Splunk using SMF data.
Wegmans - Main
- Documented the legacy application written in COBOL for the retail chain. The engagement involved tracking the input and output process in the application and documenting it so that the functionality can be ported to the web-enabled application.
- Executed the process on Mainframe to verify the documented logic in the legacy code.
- Tracked the project's progress using the Scrum methodology.
Bank of America
- Engaged and successfully implemented several Mainframe optimizations and Db2 performance enhancements, led initiatives to reduce costs by optimizing the workload for a four-hour rolling average and the TFP.
- Extracted and transformed data from different sources using Excel (Power Query) to generate reports for management using Python and other data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Worked on database design projects and implemented SQL enhancements to improve performance and platform stability.
- Created dashboards using Splunk for senior management for displaying performance metrics by analyzing system management facility (SMF) and Db2 performance data.
- Automated and enhanced work processes to improve team efficiency using Python and Excel with VBScript that interacts with legacy applications.
- Modernized several Mainframe projects which involved augmenting the functionality using Python, VBA, Excel, and Power Query to build dashboards for quick and easy access to information.
- Prepared high-Level and low-level design documents for changes for several regulatory and business enhancement projects.
- Built processes for automated data loading using Synthetic Data generation using Python.
- Built and executed testing strategy for data conversion from different platforms onto Mainframe Db2 database.
- Received "Special Contribution award" for organizational growth from the company.
- Engaged in several projects for different clients for Perot Systems which involved coding, development, testing, process automation, report generation using Microsoft Office products, and interactions with the client to represent the company.
- Led the engagement at World Health Organization (WHO) (Perot Systems) to prepare conceptual, functional, and system design specifications based on project sponsors' requirements and complete the development using ASP, Visual Basic, VBS, and VBA.
- Migrated data from VSAM datastore to Db2 database. Additionally, was involved in the generation of several reports which extensively used Microsoft products including Excel and VBA.
- Led development at MCI Worldcom (Perot Systems) by designing, planning, and implementing enhanced customer options and comments to the Db2 project for a bank, earning the company additional projects.
- Led the team at CEDEL Bank of Luxembourg (through Perot Systems) involving data migration and Y2K compliance on the Legacy Mainframe systems using COBOL, Db2 and CICS.
- Involved in COBOL upgrade from VSE COBOL to VS COBOL along with Y2K remediation. The changes were implemented in the CICS and IMS databases.
- Worked as a developer using the latest technologies at that time which included PowerBuiler, Visual Basic, and Visual FoxPro for the clothing industry.
- Installed the code at the client locations which included meeting and building relationships with the customers to represent the company.
- Responsible for requirements gathering, designing, coding, and implementing the changes for the garments industry.
Db2 Performance Data Extraction for Anomaly Detection
The process extracts the data for two consecutive months summarizing each workload, investigates the trends, finds anomalies, and generates reports for further analysis by performance teams. It also generates statistics data for executive summary reports. The automated process executes in minutes compared to hours and days when executed manually.
Dashboards and Alerts Creation in Splunk for SMF
The dashboards provided complete information on Db2 performance data, including locks, latch, and elapsed time for each logical partition on the system.
I also created alerts based on machine learning to find the optimal threshold for each logical partition and provide proactive monitoring of the production and test systems.
Consumer Credit Card Core Platform Modernization
Also, I created a testing strategy to include a conversion strategy while overseeing compliance and governance activities related to the project's complete lifecycle.
Pricing and Cash Management
I planned and coordinated the power over ethernet (PoE) application analysis and provided inputs to prepare high-level design documents.
My role included automating processes to load the data in databases and verification using the visual basic for applications (VBA) macros and Python scripts.
I coded the critical programs for the project implementation.
Analysis and Documentation of Legacy System in COBOL
COBOL, CICS, SQL, REXX, Python 3, VBScript, Python, Stored Procedure, Easytrieve Plus, Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python 2, Excel VBA, PowerBuilder, Visual Basic 6 (VB6), Visual FoxPro
JCL, Excel 2010, Excel 2016, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Query, Photoshop 7, Splunk, Erwin, Microsoft Access, Tableau, Crystal Reports, Word 2016
z/OS, Windows, Jupyter Notebook, Apache Pig
IBM Db2, SQL Performance, Databases, SQL Stored Procedures, HDFS, Apache Hive, Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM), IBM Mainframe, Integrated Database Management Systems (IDMS)
Banking & Finance
Computer Science, Programming, Data Structures, Performance Tuning, Schemas, Relational Data Mapping, CSV, Data Processing, Macros, Mainframe, Documentation, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), System Management Facility (SMF), Data Analytics, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Data Engineering, Scripting, Data Processing Automation, ESP8266, Compilers, IBM Application Delivery Foundation for z/OS, Big Data, Scrum Master, Excel 365, IoT Protocols, Arduino IDE, Sensors & Actuators
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Computer Technology
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (RTMNU) - Nagpur, India
Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
The McCombs School of Business | via Great Learning
SAFe Scrum Master
Big Data and Hadoop Developer
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring