Verified Expert in Engineering
Parminder is a skilled, award-winning front-end engineer and designer with a background in working with prestigious companies such as Revolut, Flipkart, and Swiggy. Having a profound understanding of building large-scale web applications, he has led front-end teams, devised the UI architecture, and worked on the major front-end frameworks and libraries such as React, Angular, and Vue.js, contributing to open source. Parminder is eager to assume new challenges working with tech-focused companies.
Slack, MacOS, Vue, APIs, REST APIs, HTML, CSS
The most amazing...
...tool I've developed is a dynamic, open source React UI builder called Mason, which is being used by the developer community.
Senior Front-end Engineer
- Built the Android and iOS app for Finder UK using React Native, TypeScript, E2E automation Detox, Appium WebdriverIO, BrowserStack, GitHub Actions, CodePush, GraphQL, Mirage JS, and React Testing Library.
- Contributed to the internal Finder components library using NativeBase, Storybook, and Chromatic.
- Implemented the full continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) process in GitHub Actions for app quality check, versioning, and release.
- Set up the Apple Store distribution using TestFlight and Google Play using internal testing.
- Distributed a successful alpha internal release for Android and iOS.
Front-end Engineer | UX Designer
- Led the font-end venture capital (VC) dashboard in React, TypeScript, Redux, Nx, Jest, and Ramda. The main Crunchbase-like dashboard Bohr is used for researching companies, with the possibility of making notes and performing an advanced search.
- Created rich interactive mock designs in Framer and Figma.
- Maintained the Chrome extension to work across various platforms.
- Designed and integrated email templates on the company updates to be sent to the users using Framer and MJML.
- Improved the scroll performance of an advanced grouped user activity feed by 80%.
- Integrated the app's advanced user analytics globally in a performant way with Heap analytics.
Senior Front-end Engineer
- Implemented triaging of the automated transaction monitoring (TM) alerts and anti-money laundering (AML) tickets in the financial crime automation team dashboard to help increase the agents' efficiency in resolving TM and AML tickets.
- Added new features to the dashboard for financial crime automation using the test-driven development (TDD) approach.
- Contributed to the Revolut custom component library using React and styled-system.
- Implemented onboarding flow screens for Revolut Business.
Lead Front-end Engineer
- Led the development of Anobis, a mobile progressive web app (PWA), to check Swiggy's data through visualizations and filters for various metrics at one's fingertips.
- Developed a config-driven platform for creating UI applications for the Swiggy data platform team helping business analysts.
- Managed the UI team to ship and build quality UI applications.
- Built a Node.js proxy server in Koa to fit the needs for the UI over a generalized Python back-end server.
- Introduced an advanced touch drag and release list shuffle component.
- Mentored team members to implement components and contribute to open source.
- Implemented the Docker setup for the Anobis app and shared the in-depth learning with the teams company-wide through presentations.
- Worked with the Flipkart central team to integrate a multi-lingual vernacularization experience in the desktop PWA app.
- Integrated web push notifications on the company website with user notification customization options for various channels, including email, SMS, and web.
- Created the Reporting section on the Flipkart Neo Dashboard to help the data analysis team using React, Redux, and Highcharts.
- Built the digital marketing platform for the merchandising and monetization team.
- Implemented a rich interactive mentions autocompletion input component.
UI Technical Architect
Tapzo (acquired by Amazon Pay India)
- Created a React app for finding the nearest working ATM during the demonetization by the Indian government.
- Worked as a lead front-end developer to add a WebView to the Offers section of the Tapzo Android app powered by React, Redux, and Webpack.
- Held continuous training sessions for the team members.
UI Technical Architect
- Led the development of the OneDirect CRM dashboard suite in Angular 4.
- Managed a team of six front-end developers to upskill them and deliver the project on time.
- Directed the development of the OneDirect Feedback cloud project in Angular 4.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Led the development of the main Musejam web app AngularJS and PHP Laravel. Created the whole architecture and custom components and directives.
- Directed the development of LookManagers, a fully responsive web eCommerce app used by fashion designer Ridhi Mehra.
- Developed the Muselook customer endpoint web app using AngularJS.
- Oversaw the development of Musejam control panel and admin panel, AngularJS web apps for Musejam internal uses.
Redux, React Native, Jest, Angular, Appium, Protractor, AngularJS, Laravel, Next.js
React, Redux-Saga, REST APIs, Ramda, Node.js, Redux Form, D3.js, Highcharts, RxJS, Vue
Front-end, Styled-components, APIs, Computer Science, GitHub Actions, Storybook, NativeBase, Framer, PWA, Service Workers, Nx, RTL, Conserved Domain Database (CDD), Machine Learning, Front-end Development, Payment APIs
CircleCI, Slack, Visual Studio App Center, BrowserStack, NGINX, WebView
HTML DOM, Test-driven Development (TDD)
MacOS, Docker, Heroku
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology - New Delhi, India
Machine Learning Nanodegree
Front-end Web Developer Nanodegree
Oracle Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified Professional
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring