Verified Expert in Engineering
Web Development Developer
Paul is an experienced software architect and technical lead with a proven history of leading teams in business-critical and complex software development projects. Paul is a strong technology professional skilled in web and mobile applications, cloud computing, distributed and decentralized architectures, security, data science, performance, reliability, cost optimization, digital transformation, and business development.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Blockchain, Data Science, Architecture, Web Development, Security, Performance, Reliability, Digital Transformation
The most amazing...
...things I've done recently are automate the creation of standard high-quality CV summaries for recruitment candidates and build a blockchain-based land registry.
Director of Technology
- Provided technical and architectural support on dozens of small and medium-sized projects, both internal transformational projects and customer projects, to ensure high-quality and timely execution.
- Created estimates and technical proposals for government and private projects worth millions of dollars.
- Prepared job descriptions for and conducted 500+ technical interviews and provided coaching and mentorship to all our engineers.
- Created or reviewed dozens of blog posts, articles, videos, and talks. These were all enabled by practicing and encouraging a culture of continuous learning.
A&M Hurricane Protection
- Customized an ERP system called Dolibarr by adding or enhancing modules for managing customers, calendars, products, inventory, automatic permit applications, estimate preparation, installation orders, contacts, and purchase orders.
- Built a very efficient and user-friendly singe-page app (SPA) in React and MobX to receive details on complex clients requirements from the field.
- Created on-the-fly PDF reports, invoices, estimates, and more using PHP.
- Gave back to the community by submitting bug fixes to the Dolibarr team on GitHub.
- Developed a RESTful API to ensure the smoothest and optimum experience for users.
- Built a custom distributed scraping tool for launching and monitoring a fleet of web data scraping agents.
- Built a customer management portal in SharePoint and .NET.
- Developed a reporting tool using React and ASP.NET report viewer to eliminate expensive SAP licenses.
- Constructed dozens of data processing tools in .NET to automate most of their processing needs and save hundreds of hours a month.
- Created a secure Excel-like desktop application for performing data processing using .NET.
- Built back-office processes for synchronizing data between local databases, Salesforce, and a customer web portal.
- Implemented lightning-fast searches using thousands of classic cars using Apache Lucene.
- Developed a management tool for over a terabyte of high-resolution images of classic cars.
- Created an online store using an open-source eCommerce library called Merchello.
- Developed RESTful APIs for access to auction details by third parties.
- Integrated the back office with Microsoft Dynamics.
- Developed multiple single-page apps (SPAs) using AngularJS and RESTful API to provide the smoothest and most satisfying experience for regular visitors and company specialists.
Dave & Buster's
- Developed a highly dynamic site allowing daily and scheduled updates from the marketing team.
- Centralized the restaurant management, supporting both local and shared content for over 100 locations.
- Personalized the experience for visitors based on automatic determination of location and their closest Dave & Buster's restaurant.
- Provided excellent mobile support and easily accessible vanity URLs for special events.
- Automatically resized images for the front-end display to make the marketing team's work a breeze.
Director of Technology
- Acted as the technical liaison between delivery and sales and was the most senior point of contact on client issues with technology or technical personnel.
- Handled a team of 10 people in developing the client side of SITA's Passenger FastCheck and PassengerWeb Check-in applications—high-performance, rich client web applications for automated airport check-in.
- Provided coaching to developers, interviews, and design and architecture support on many client projects.
Netflix Movie Recommendationhttps://eportfolio.mygreatlearning.com/paul-dermody
Client Portal with CV Summaries
Blockchain Estate Registryhttps://jurisdictions.stateside.agency
RM Sotheby's Websitehttps://rmsothebys.com/
Dave & Busters Websitehttps://www.daveandbusters.com/
Rockdown Games Enginehttps://rockdown.elementalley.com
I am currently working on producing a complete game that I will publish on the Facebook Instant Games platform and others.
The extremely cool thing about this engine is that it records your gameplay and allows you to share it with others. Attached to the project is a unique and efficient algorithm that enables users to share their recorded game using just a URL and no server-side data, as all information about the gameplay is stored in the URL.
.NET, ASP.NET, GWT, Next.js, Redux, AngularJS, Bootstrap 3+, Express.js, OAuth 2
React, REST APIs, Node.js, jQuery, MobX, LINQ, Entity Framework, Apache Lucene
AWS IAM, AWS CLI, Git, AWS CloudFormation, AWS ELB, AWS SDK, ANTLR, Visual Studio, Dolibarr, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon EBS, AWS VLC, Subversion (SVN), Apache, Apache Ant, Webpack, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
Serverless Architecture, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), MVC Design, Unit Testing, Agile, Scrum, Data Science
Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Umbraco, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), AWS Lambda, Blockchain, Azure, Windows, Linux, SharePoint, Zoho CRM
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB, Azure SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure Blobs, MySQL
Architecture, Code Review, Amazon API Gateway, Web Development, Security, Performance, Reliability, Digital Transformation, Programming, Cloud Architecture, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Strapi, Full-stack, Requirements, Proposals, Estimations, OpenAI GPT-4 API, Data Scraping, Microsoft 365, Scrum Master, Sprint Planning, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Recommendation Systems, Predictive Modeling, Classification, Hypothesis Testing, Statistics, Linear Algebra, Physics, Mathematics, Mentorship & Coaching, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Web Security, Software Design
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics
Trinity College Dublin - Dublin, Ireland
Data Science and Machine Learning: Making Data-Driven Decisions
AWS Certified Developer - Associate
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF)
Amazon Web Services
Scrum Product Owner Professional Certificate
Scrum Master Professional Certificate (SMPC)