Co-founder2008 - PRESENTJetThoughts
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, Vue.js, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Provided technical consultations to the clients, building a successful strategy, effectively structuring teams and processes.
- Developed a framework for simple collaboration to reduce waste in product development. Clients distinguish communication approaches as a critical factor for mutually beneficial cooperation with us.
- Designed code practices to help the team deliver a stable product. It improves team effectiveness and guarantees the quality and scalability of provided solutions.
- Built strong partnership with clients like Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (Top 3 University of Russian Federation), DefMethod, Knight Foundation, and others.
React Native developer2019 - 2020Gilad Novik (via Toptal)
Technologies: Navigation, React Native
- Upgraded old React Native application to use last React Native 0.61 and React Native Navigation from 1.x to 4.x.
Senior Full-stack Engineer, Partner2014 - 2018Agent Inbox (via JetThoughts)
Technologies: SAML, RETS, React, React Native, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Contributed to the growth and recognition of Agent Inbox, the world's leading real estate messaging platform.
- Designed technical architecture, mentored team, and resolved problems of product users.
- Solved problems that restricted the team's ability to deliver the product reworked the previous solution simplifying the code base, optimized the development process using Lean principles.
- Delivered the first MVP within two months which allowed founders to attract the investors and customers as well as increase the investments to scale the development.
- Reduced risks of having new bugs implementing the development optimization: introduced code review, eliminated unnecessary routines and integrated automatized tests, which significantly reduced the cost of new developers onboarding process.
- Scaled team to six developers in one year.
- Implemented the high standards for code solutions got companies willing to acquire the product.
VP Engineering, R&D Director2014 - 2017Faria Education Group (via JetThoughts)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, PostgreSQL, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Managed full-cyсle of product development and design architecture improvements for Open Apply. The technology stack is based on Ruby on Rails and React.js.
- Improved collaboration with related departments to organize effective product updates. Was responsible for growing R&D office in Ukraine.
- Built long term refactoring strategy to simplify the code base, it increased team effectiveness by 20% in 3 months.
- Removed high-performance computing operations for application and tests, which reduced running the whole test suite time from 1 hour to 15 min. As a result, the team was willing to add more checks to prevent regressions, and the cost of adding a new feature was decreased by $33,000 per month.
- By integration, Lean principles and automatized tests prevented the accretion of new regression bugs. A list of known bugs was reduced from 500 to 10 within 3 months instead of growing each month, as it was before.
- Helped the team to deliver a full redesign of the legacy functionality in 2 weeks instead of an estimated 3 months.
- Integrated code and management practices to scale the team of developers from 5 to 20 in 6 months without any velocity decrease.
Senior Full-stack Engineer2012 - 2014BigBinary (via JetThoughts)
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- developed code practices to have Ruby on Rails Testable Architecture.
- Created processes to run a remote development team.