Paul is a devoted Magento developer, a real go-getter, and a person who is genuinely passionate about the web. Paul has helped eCommerce companies start or expand their business by building custom Magento stores, 3rd-party integrations, and efficient systems that drive impact and inspire trust.
Git, PhpStorm, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a custom module for managing the sales prices for a Magento shop available in five countries with more than 30,000 products.
Senior Magento Developer (Freelance)
Unified Districts (via Toptal)
- Migrated several Magento 1 websites to Magento 2 successfully.
- Refactored and bug-fixed an existing custom CMS built to maintain the year, make, and model product information for multiple eCommerce sites built on a Magento platform.
- Reviewed the database structure and restructured and separated it among three brands.
- Fixed inconsistencies in the data upload requirements.
- Implemented the custom year, make, and model product filtering and selection for Magento 2.
- Implemented a custom Magento 2 product synchronization using the API.
- Enabled custom Magento 2 order exports using the API.
- Created custom configurators for the automobile parts stores.
Senior Magento Developer (Freelance)
Spanx (via Toptal)
- Assisted in the upgrade from Magento 2.1 to Magento 2.2.
- Created custom features for different parts of the sales funnel.
- Developed the plan and architecture for multiple stores and languages.
- Implemented 3rd-party integrations with different marketing platforms.
- Collaborated on customizing the returns process (RMA) and improving customer experience during this process.
- Developed a Magento platform, including maintaining, updating, and creating custom modules following the Magento guidelines, efficiency standards, and optimization techniques.
- Worked with a Magento store with over 30,000 products and available in five countries and six languages, where optimization and speed were always considered a must.
- Created and updated modules that ensured product management, sales management, and order exportation and provided custom statistics.
- Built an automated tool for pupillary distance calculation and a virtual eyeglasses try-on module.
Magento Developer (Freelance)
Athena Solutions (via Toptal)
- Involved in building new Magento stores for sports equipment.
- Created the architecture for new products and specific product pages.
- Configured the Magento 2 platform for multiple languages and currencies.
- Worked closely with the project manager, designer, and translators.
Laboratoire E-Sciences SA
- Created a responsive theme for the Magento store using CSS3 and HTML5.
- Optimized the website for mobile use and decreased the website load speed.
- Crafted custom modules that manage doctors, pharmacies, and fidelity programs.
Software Developer (Intern)
- Implemented new gestures for technical multi-touch applications.
- Developed software to test gestures using the multitouch API of Windows 7.
- Developed software to implement new gestures for the multitouch API of Windows 7.
Instagram Pro Extension for Magento
360home | Real Estate Marketplace with Virtual Tourshttp://360home.ro
Virtual Try-on for Glasses
Magento Performance Optimization Explained
Magento Modules, PhpStorm, Git, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator CC
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Model View Controller (MVC), Object-relational Mapping (ORM)
Magento API, Magento 2, Magento 1, Magento, MacOS, Windows, Linux
Freelancing, Shell Commands, APIs, CSS5
Laravel, Zend Framework, PHP MVC
Master's Degree in Computer Science (Web and Information Systems)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Brussels, Belgium
Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Automation, and Applied Informatics
Politehnica University of Timișoara - Timisoara, Romania
Baccalaureate Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
Decebal National College - Deva, Romania