Back-end Developer2018 - PRESENTBlockchain Ventures
Technologies: AWS API Gateway, CloudFront, Fargate, Lambda, GitLab CI/CD, Node.js, MySQL, Redis
- Automated building, testing, and deployment of AWS Lambda functions and Fargate (Docker) services.
- Created custom CloudWatch metrics and dashboards derived from Log Insights and set up auto-scaling triggers and anomaly alerts.
- Created a Node.js CLI tool for generating swarms of WebSocket bots to automate realistic load testing.
- Solved scaling bottleneck by Implementing the Identity Map and Unit of Work patterns to defer locking queries until the end of a transaction perform updates in a canonical order to avoid deadlocks.
Full-stack Developer2014 - 2018KeyNexus
Technologies: Node.js, PHP, Symfony, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Redis, React, HTML, CSS
- Implemented a KMIP client in Node.js for black-box testing KMIP servers.
- Performed security scanning and penetration testing with Burp Suite and ZAP.
- Built integrations across AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, IBM Bluemix, and OpenStack.
- Designed schemas and indexes for MySQL and mappings for ElasticSearch databases.
- Wrote integration and unit tests with Jest, JMeter, and Selenium.
- Reduced infrastructure and data transfer costs, using AWS Cost Explorer to make informed decisions.
Teaching Assistant2013 - 2014University of Victoria
Technologies: C, Automata Theory, Algorithm Design, Proof Techniques
- Helped students master the subject matter of two courses: Algorithms and Data Structures (CSC 225) and Foundations of Computer Science (CSC 320).
- Taught groups of 20-60 students with original lesson plans and examples that supplemented the main course material.
- Marked assignments and provided students with individualized feedback.
Web Developer2012 - 2013ACD Systems
- Coordinated with design, marketing, translators, and QA teams to launch regular promotions with custom landing pages and site-wide updates.
- Wrote Python and Bash scripts for analyzing AWS CloudFront logs.
- Assisted in the migration of terabytes of photos from EBS volumes to S3, resulting in substantially reduces AWS costs and improves scaling capabilities.
- Maintained several internal services including a bug-tracker, a URL shortener, a procurement system, and a CI tool that automatically staged git branches with a custom dashboard making them easy for QA to access.