Verified Expert in Engineering
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a React-based online dating app that reached 1+ million users.
An Online Freelance Agency
- Created and maintained internal npm packages that allowed better code sharing across multiple projects.
- Managed and maintained a design system using Storybook that made it easy to build components in isolation, increased developer awareness of existing features, and served as living documentation.
- Designed and developed an A/B testing tool using the content management system (CMS), Sanity, and Amplitude to test different versions of the components across the web and mobile apps, which led to increased revenue and reduced churn.
- Refactored the apps to use TypeScript, which improved the code quality and significantly reduced the number of errors, making onboarding new people to the project more accessible and increasing developers' confidence in developing new features.
- Worked on-sell pages rewrite from legacy WordPress to Gatsby and React with static site generation backed by Sanity headless CMS, improving the page load speed and other key performance metrics.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Took part in pre-sale calls as an engineering expert to gather client requirements which led to increased thrust and gave more confidence to the client.
- Managed and maintained a front-end engineer growth checklist that allowed junior and middle-level developers to level up their skills more quickly by learning what was actually needed.
- Prepared code tasks for new candidates and interviewed over 50 developers.
- Provided React and React Native expertise for native mobile and back-end developers wanting to make a switch in their careers.
- Conducted weekly front-end related meetings to discuss new tools, ideas, and issues and build better relations in the team.
- Worked on the homepage optimization of a multi-language online marketplace for household-related services, a web app used by over 100,000 users across 10 countries.
- Developed internal tools that allowed setting up projects more easily while keeping all the company-wide rules and code patterns.
- Created the web client-side experience for an online dating app with 1+ million users.
- Built a real-time chat set on a Node.js server and WebSockets and a gradual engagement or lazy registration feature that offers a way to use the app before creating an account.
- Owned the development of a web app for health professionals with an online drug database allowing for checking the interactions between different substances with a quick and easy search.
- Developed a web app for United Parcel Service (UPS) that allowed to prepare branded document templates that were later used by 30+ national branches to generate a web page and print-ready, high-quality PDF files translated to different languages.
- Created and maintained a development environment based on Vagrant and Docker that simplified setting up complex projects by running just one command-line interface (CLI) command.
- Developed and designed a WordPress website for a company with a catalog of over 3,000 products ranging from jewelry to wedding dresses. Also provided the maintenance of the website for a couple of years.
- Designed and built a WordPress website for a music band. The website featured a contact form, an audio and video player, and a photo gallery.
- Held the development and design of a website for a company offering houses for rent. The website included a contact form and a photo gallery.
- Created and designed a WordPress website for an advertising photography services company. The work included search engine optimization.
Openfit | Home Fitness on Demand Classes Apphttps://www.openfit.com
I created and maintained internal npm packages that allowed better code sharing across multiple projects while managing and maintaining a responsive UI components library using Storybook.
I also worked on-sell pages, rewriting from legacy WordPress to Gatsby and React with static site generation backed by Sanity headless CMS that improved the page load speed and other key performance metrics.
Then, I designed and developed an A/B testing tool using Sanity CMS and Amplitude to test different versions of components across the web and mobile app, which led to increased revenue and reduced churn.
Finally, I refactored the apps to use TypeScript, which improved the code quality and significantly reduced the number of errors reported to Bugsnag. At the same time, it made onboarding new people to the project easier and gave more confidence to developers while developing new features.
Jest, Redux, Next.js, React Native, Cypress, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
React, Node.js, React Router, Shopify API, Redux-Saga, jQuery
Webpack, Optimizely, GitHub, Prisma, Vagrant, Apache, NGINX
Unit Testing, E2E Testing
Storybook, Design Systems, UI Components, Chakra UI, Amplitude, Private NPM Modules, A/B Testing, Sanity CMS, Remote Team Leadership, Interviews, Gatsby, Styled-components, PSD to HTML
WordPress, Netlify, Shopify, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Contentful, Docker