Ruby Developer in Toronto, ON, Canada
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2016Aflutter
Technologies: Rails, React
- Supported and added new features to a Rails and React application.
Django Developer2016 - 2016SpokeHub
Technologies: Django, Python, Docker
- Developed new features for a Django App.
Rails Developer2016 - 2016BuildRX
Technologies: Rails, Microservices, AWS
- Created microservices to do everything from authentication to integrating with external services.
Developer2015 - 2016CWI Software - Renner
Web Developer2015 - 2015CWI Software - Terra
Technologies: Python, Flask, MongoDB
- Maintained and developed a video-on-demand system for a large ISP and content provider.
Developer2015 - 2015SystemHaus
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate
- Maintained and developed a production chain control application.
- Worked with a large codebase, written over ten years.
Web Developer2014 - 2014Fator7 - StarlightLED
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MongoDB
- Developed a cloud control system for a class of Internet of Things devices, including public lights and traffic controllers.
Rails Developer2013 - 2013USEED
Technologies: Ruby on Rails
- Supported legacy code.
- Implemented log-in through different providers, with oauth.
- Communicated with several different APIs, like Twitter, Google, and Facebook.
Rails Back-end Developer2012 - 2013Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) - PRAV
- Developed a high-availability system using Ruby on Rails, Redis, Memcached, and PostgreSQL.
Network Engineering Intern2012 - 2013UFRGS
Technologies: Python, PHP, Shell Script, Ruby
- Supported and maintained an NAC System buit with Python and PHP.
- Developped a load-balancing system for handling registrations.
- Increased the system's limit on simultaneous connections from 5000 to over 30000.
Security Consultant2010 - 2012Freelance
Technologies: Shell Script, Ruby, Python
- Assessed network security.
- Ran penetration tests on web applications and networks.
- Implemented backup and password systems and policies.
Researcher2009 - 2010Virtual Reality Group - PUCRS
- Developed a motion capture system with C++, Qt, and OpenCV.
- Intelevator (Development)https://github.com/vantas/intelevator
An elevator simulator, used to compare artificial intelligence strategies for dispatching elevators.
Written in C++, for my graduate thesis.
- Auth Microservice (Development)https://github.com/pedrovanzella/auth-microservice
Rails microservice that provides a clean Auth API, with OAuth.
- Flask-DODDNS (Development)https://github.com/pedrovanzella/Flask-DODDNS
Flask application to provide Dynamic DNS to home routers, using Digital Ocean's API to edit DNS records.
- Chromeworks (Development)
Django app to query motorcycle hubs, wheels, and spokes
- Rogue3K (Development)https://github.com/pedrovanzella/Rogue3K
A Rogue-like game built in C++.
- Netmetric MoM (Development)
A high availability system for monitoring and managing 3G and 4G network probes, and generating reports based on the data within.
- Rawdecode (Development)https://github.com/pedrovanzella/rawdecode
A simple Python script to read Bayer-encoded RAW images and process them, yielding a color image.
- IeA (Development)https://github.com/pedrovanzella/iea
Networked, text-only guessing game in C++, with support for multiple teams in multiple rooms.
- LPC2378 Dev Kit (Development)https://github.com/pedrovanzella/LPC2378devKit
A complete set of libraries for the peripherals in the LPC2378 ARM processor.
- Integrations.io (Development)http://integrations.io
Collection of Rails microservices to provide integration between eCommerce and other services.
- Dolly (Development)https://github.com/pedrovanzella/Dolly
Rendering/game engine in C++ and OpenGL
This is a platform for me to learn more about computer graphics, as well as practice C++.
- ChickenCross (Development)https://github.com/vantas/chickencross
A Frogger clone in C++ and SFML
- Todo-or-not-todo (Development)https://github.com/pedrovanzella/todo-or-not-todo-rails
Rails JSON REST API for a Todo list application, with authentication.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap, Flask, Django, Redux
Libraries/APIsReact, Facebook API, Twitter API
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Concurrent Programming
PlatformsLinux, Docker, MacOS, FreeBSD
StoragePostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, Memcached
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2013 - 2016Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS) - Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering2008 - 2013Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) - Porto Alegre, Brazil