Principal Data Scientist2015 - PRESENTUangTeman
Technologies: Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon, Python
- Created and maintained various statistical models for a lending company—the aim was to automate all aspects of the company's lending operations.
- Designed and implemented several successful credit risk evaluation models. Notably, I built models that supported big data and they made inferences on heterogeneous records.
- Designed and implemented statistical identity verification tools (big data style).
- Built scrapers for various social networks.
- Developed an OCR-based identity verification module.
- Made various further prediction models for collection, residence verification, and more.
Freelance Data Scientist2018 - 2018Knexus Research Corporation (via Toptal)
Technologies: Statistical Analysis, Python
- Investigated the possibility of replicating data by generating high-dimensional synthetic clones of the input, under strict differential privacy constraints. The solution was quite successful, the invented method might well be a mathematical novelty.
Research Contractor2015 - 2017Furukawa Electric
Technologies: Python, Audio Analysis
- Built a pilot system for direction detection using sound; specifically in an outdoor setting. The system's intended use is to enhance existing radar technology in the automotive field. Accuracy is lower than that of radar, but audio is a low-cost means to an orthogonal measurement.
- Developed a solution was able to measure the direction of passing cars, as well as show a consistent direction for the car it was mounted on.
- Ideated also physical solutions for alleviating wind distortion.
Researcher2015 - 2017General Electric
Technologies: NumPy, Python, Audio Analysis
- Delivered a high-accuracy direction-detection system using sound only.
- Fused the sound and video sensor data for enhanced motion detection.
- Built a successful traffic counting and classification system that was able to count passing vehicles and separate buses, cars, and more.
- Used Python (NumPy) to build the systems.
Algorithm Developer2015 - 2015Analogy.co
Technologies: Python, Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Built natural language models (NLP) for semantic data analysis.
- Developed automated semantic tagger modules for deriving meaning in the text.
- Used various algorithm optimization techniques for asymptotic speedup of the semantic search.
Algorithm Developer and Programmer2011 - 2015Applied Logic Laboratory
Technologies: Java, Python, C++, C, Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Built a syntax parser specifically for searching through English-language patents.
- Developed an information-rich semantic representation over the parsed syntax.
- Created a search engine for matching semantic information.
- Built scrapers and built scraped data into a structured dictionary automatically.
Research Intern2006 - 2006SAP
Technologies: C++, C
- Created a server-side log analyzer. The log analyzer's purpose was to predict the identity based on user input.
- Designed the log analyzer so that it parsed server logs into structured data and estimated their distance—delivering probabilistic results.
Algorithm Developer and Programmer2004 - 2005Bioscrypt Corporation
Technologies: Embedded C, C++, C
- Participated in building the company's fingerprint recognition algorithm. The algorithmic work included image cleansing, filtering, and feature extraction.
- Wrote parts of the matching algorithm.
- Developed exported APIs to the system.
- Created test tools.
Programmer | Inventor2000 - 2002Connexus Corporation
Technologies: C++, C, Audio Analysis
- Invented one of the world's first content-based music recognition systems, it came earlier than the current market leader. The system monitored a large number of radio stations (US), to deliver high-accuracy recognition information of the contents, songs, commercials, recorded interviews etc.
- Designed the system so that it made heavy use of the Fourier transform to convert audio data into a musical score.
- Wrote fast algorithms that were supplied to match a time sequence of these fingerprints.
- Built automated management tools for recording and tagging unknown patterns; inserting them into the central database and various other smaller components.
Research Intern1998 - 1998IBM
Technologies: C++, C, Audio Analysis
- Built a pilot program for converting an audio signal into musical notation. The criterion was for the musical score thus derived can be used for regenerating the original signal in a way that humans would still recognize it.