Software Consultant2019 - PRESENTCoreBiome
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Python, PostgreSQL, React, Meteor, Node.js, Consulting
- Found root-caused product shortcomings by forcing cross-functional collaboration within a remote organization.
CTO2017 - 2018Keyo AI, Inc.
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Node.js, React, React Native, Architecture
- Led major product pivot by re-architecting, planning, hiring for, and managing the entire development process of 11+ direct reports.
- Managed the product from idea to launch of Android, iOS, and web apps in three months. The apps and platform currently have thousands of users per day performing critical rental tasks including lease applications, rent payments, and maintenance requests.
Software Consultant2017 - 2017APT Systems Inc (via Toptal)
Technologies: React Native, Node.js, Architecture, Consulting
- Created technical requirements document for a novel cross platform, stock-charting mobile app.
- Interviewed developers of existing system for architectural and integration requirements.
Product Manager2017 - 2017KickFin
Technologies: React, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MongoDB, Node.js
- Worked as the lead architect for a payment processing onboarding system.
- Managed the product development from discovery through public launch, simultaneously coordinating domestic and offshore resources both internal and external to the company.
- Negotiated contracts with external vendors to decrease cost by over 60% compared to estimates.
Mobile Architect2017 - 2017Field Clock
Technologies: React Native
- Developed a React Native Android app that helps farmers automate their production.
- Designed the React Native app to be a dual app and specifically made it so that it can be turned into an iOS app with minimal effort.
- Enabled the mobile app to be able to connect to Bluetooth printers in order to print QR code badges which can be scanned in-app to clock workers in-and-out, track tickets, and create quality notes.
- Designed the entire mobile application to be able to function offline for long periods of time and sync data back once in cell reception.
Platform Architect | Lead Engineer2013 - 2016Entefy
Technologies: Cassandra, Redis, RabbitMQ, Nginx, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Node.js
- Helped grow the startup from unvalued to a $150 million pre-money valuation and from six to more than 35 employees.
- Worked as the chief architect and lead back-end engineer of a petabyte-scale platform with enterprise-level feature complexity.
- Led the technology definition and process development for the entire 15-person product team.
- Estimated, planned, and tracked development efforts across four distinct stacks to assist product owner in budget and resource planning.
- Managed a team of six individuals across a 10-hour time zone difference.
- Invented four revolutionary patents in adaptive, scalable architecture and digital communication.
Design Engineer2011 - 2013Intel
Technologies: Automation, Scripting, Tcl, Perl
- Created and supported many design automation scripts used to generate complex circuits used in Intel® Xeon® processors.
- Led and trained more than ten engineers across multiple sites and time zones in cutting-edge automation technology.
- Was designated as a member of the company-wide “circle of excellence” for design automation—worked closely with a small team to reduce design effort of critical blocks by 90% while simultaneously decreasing power consumption.