Verified Expert in Engineering
Mobile Apps Developer
Phil started his career as a software engineer but quickly discovered that his true passion centered around product management. Over the course of his career, he's successfully occupied a variety of roles across product and engineering—managing teams of up to 12 people and three different SaaS products from idea through launch.
WebStorm, Git, OS X
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a multi-format, AI-enabled communication platform that syncs all forms of digital communication into a single app on any device.
- Found root-caused product shortcomings by forcing cross-functional collaboration within a remote organization.
Keyo AI, Inc.
- Led major product pivot by re-architecting, planning, hiring for, and managing the entire development process of 11+ direct reports.
- Managed the product from idea to launch of Android, iOS, and web apps in three months. The apps and platform currently have thousands of users per day performing critical rental tasks including lease applications, rent payments, and maintenance requests.
APT Systems Inc (via Toptal)
- Created technical requirements document for a novel cross platform, stock-charting mobile app.
- Interviewed developers of existing system for architectural and integration requirements.
- Worked as the lead architect for a payment processing onboarding system.
- Managed the product development from discovery through public launch, simultaneously coordinating domestic and offshore resources both internal and external to the company.
- Negotiated contracts with external vendors to decrease cost by over 60% compared to estimates.
- Developed a React Native Android app that helps farmers automate their production.
- Designed the React Native app to be a dual app and specifically made it so that it can be turned into an iOS app with minimal effort.
- Enabled the mobile app to be able to connect to Bluetooth printers in order to print QR code badges which can be scanned in-app to clock workers in-and-out, track tickets, and create quality notes.
- Designed the entire mobile application to be able to function offline for long periods of time and sync data back once in cell reception.
Platform Architect | Lead Engineer
- Helped grow the startup from unvalued to a $150 million pre-money valuation and from six to more than 35 employees.
- Worked as the chief architect and lead back-end engineer of a petabyte-scale platform with enterprise-level feature complexity.
- Led the technology definition and process development for the entire 15-person product team.
- Estimated, planned, and tracked development efforts across four distinct stacks to assist product owner in budget and resource planning.
- Managed a team of six individuals across a 10-hour time zone difference.
- Invented four revolutionary patents in adaptive, scalable architecture and digital communication.
- Created and supported many design automation scripts used to generate complex circuits used in Intel® Xeon® processors.
- Led and trained more than ten engineers across multiple sites and time zones in cutting-edge automation technology.
- Was designated as a member of the company-wide “circle of excellence” for design automation—worked closely with a small team to reduce design effort of critical blocks by 90% while simultaneously decreasing power consumption.
Entefy is designed platform-first with the entire server and infrastructure stack custom designed for performance and scalability for millions of users.
Keyo has an iOS and Android app in addition to two distinct web apps.
.NET, React Native, Express.js, Redux
Socket.IO, REST APIs, Node.js, React, TensorFlow
WebStorm, Microsoft PowerPoint, Atom, Microsoft Excel, NGINX, RabbitMQ, Git
RESTful Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Asynchronous Programming, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), API Architecture, REST, REST API Architecture, Functional Programming, Agile Product Management, Automation, DevOps
SQL Stored Procedures, PostgreSQL, Cloud Firestore, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis
Software Development, APIs, WebSockets, Data Architecture, Microsoft 365, Mobile Apps, Residential Real Estate, Real Estate, SaaS, Engineering Management, Front-end, Front-end Development, Software Consulting, Consulting, Estimations, Technical Consulting, Technology Consulting, Product Management, Software Project Management, Scripting, Architecture, Apache Cassandra, Financial Services, Fintech, Agriculture
Android, Linux, Firebase, OS X, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Meteor, iOS
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN, USA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN, USA