Software Consultant2019 - PRESENTCoreBiome
Technologies: Consulting, Node.js, Meteor, React, PostgreSQL, Python, AWS
- Found root-caused product shortcomings by forcing cross-functional collaboration within a remote organization.
CTO2017 - 2018Keyo AI, Inc.
Technologies: Architecture, React Native, React, Node.js, PostgreSQL
- Led major product pivot by re-architecting, planning, hiring for, and managing the entire development process of 11+ direct reports.
- Managed the product from idea to launch of Android, iOS, and web apps in three months. The apps and platform currently have thousands of users per day performing critical rental tasks including lease applications, rent payments, and maintenance requests.
Software Consultant2017 - 2017APT Systems Inc (via Toptal)
Technologies: Consulting, Architecture, Node.js, React Native
- Created technical requirements document for a novel cross platform, stock-charting mobile app.
- Interviewed developers of existing system for architectural and integration requirements.
Product Manager2017 - 2017KickFin
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Amazon Web Services (AWS), React
- Worked as the lead architect for a payment processing onboarding system.
- Managed the product development from discovery through public launch, simultaneously coordinating domestic and offshore resources both internal and external to the company.
- Negotiated contracts with external vendors to decrease cost by over 60% compared to estimates.
Mobile Architect2017 - 2017Field Clock
Technologies: React Native
- Developed a React Native Android app that helps farmers automate their production.
- Designed the React Native app to be a dual app and specifically made it so that it can be turned into an iOS app with minimal effort.
- Enabled the mobile app to be able to connect to Bluetooth printers in order to print QR code badges which can be scanned in-app to clock workers in-and-out, track tickets, and create quality notes.
- Designed the entire mobile application to be able to function offline for long periods of time and sync data back once in cell reception.
Platform Architect | Lead Engineer2013 - 2016Entefy
Technologies: Node.js, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Redis, Cassandra
- Helped grow the startup from unvalued to a $150 million pre-money valuation and from six to more than 35 employees.
- Worked as the chief architect and lead back-end engineer of a petabyte-scale platform with enterprise-level feature complexity.
- Led the technology definition and process development for the entire 15-person product team.
- Estimated, planned, and tracked development efforts across four distinct stacks to assist product owner in budget and resource planning.
- Managed a team of six individuals across a 10-hour time zone difference.
- Invented four revolutionary patents in adaptive, scalable architecture and digital communication.
Design Engineer2011 - 2013Intel
Technologies: Perl, Tcl, Scripting, Automation
- Created and supported many design automation scripts used to generate complex circuits used in Intel® Xeon® processors.
- Led and trained more than ten engineers across multiple sites and time zones in cutting-edge automation technology.
- Was designated as a member of the company-wide “circle of excellence” for design automation—worked closely with a small team to reduce design effort of critical blocks by 90% while simultaneously decreasing power consumption.
- Entefy (Development)http://entefy.com
Entefy is an AI-enabled, multi-format, multi-channel communication platform which integrates with all major forms of digital communication and seamlessly syncs them across all your digital devices.
Entefy is designed platform-first with the entire server and infrastructure stack custom designed for performance and scalability for millions of users.
- Field Clock (Development)https://www.fieldclockapp.com/
FieldClock is an easy-to-use mobile app that does the heavy lifting for your people in the field and your people in the office. Let your staff get back to managing your business rather than time cards and piece tickets.
- KickFin (Development)http://www.kickfin.com
Kickfin® provides closed-loop cash management by leveraging technology to deliver managed cash services, real-time analytics, and actionable insights into the worksite & total organization cash operations. By optimizing cash management through our cloud-based software, we have the ability to materially reduce cash acceptance and management.
- Keyo (Development)http://www.keyo.com
Keyo is a venture-backed startup (Village Global, Obvious Ventures) that is transforming the real-estate rental market by automating leads to lease applications and using gig-economy contractors to open the doors. Keyo works with landlords in NYC and the Bay Area servicing thousands of apartments every day.
Keyo has an iOS and Android app in addition to two distinct web apps.
FrameworksReact Native, Express.js, Redux
Libraries/APIsSocket.IO, REST APIs, Node.js, React
ToolsWebStorm, Microsoft Office, Microsoft PowerPoint, Atom, Microsoft Excel, Nginx, RabbitMQ
ParadigmsTest-driven Development (TDD), Asynchronous Programming, API Architecture, REST, REST API Architecture, Functional Programming, Agile Product Management, DevOps
StorageSQL Stored Procedures, PostgreSQL, Cloud Firestore, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis
OtherRESTful APIs, API Integration, WebSockets, Data Architecture, SOA Architecture, Mobile Apps, Residential Real Estate, Real Estate, SaaS, Engineering Management, Software Consulting, Consulting, Estimations, Technical Consulting, Consultation, Technology Consulting, Product Management, Software Project Management, Project Management, Apache Cassandra, Financial Services, Fintech, Agriculture
PlatformsAndroid, Linux, Firebase, iOS
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering2011 - 2012University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering2007 - 2011University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN, USA