Technical Writer2016 - PRESENTIOD
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bash, Linux, AWS, Toggl, Google Drive, Markdown
- Wrote technical articles for various blogs dealing with DevOps topics (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, and more).
- Edited other technical writers' articles.
- Authored technical articles for various blogs dealing with cloud and architectural topics (mainly AWS).
- Expanded an ebook about Kubernetes for a customer.
DevOps Consultant2019 - 2020Cloudtrucks
Technologies: Bash, Debian, Linux, CircleCI, Docker Compose, Docker, NixOS, Django, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Containerized the Django application to allow easier testing and deployment.
- Built Terraform configuration to host the application in GCP.
- Built a CI/CD platform for the application to allow manual and automated deployments and development environments.
DevOps Consultant2019 - 2020Ubble.AI
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bash, Debian, Linux, Flux, CircleCI, Prometheus, Datadog, AWS, Terraform, Consul, Vault, Kubernetes
- Migrated hand-written shell scripts to Terraform to allow for idempotency.
- Built custom load-balancers to handle external and internal traffic.
- Provided foundation for secure services including end-to-end TLS and Hashicorp Vault.
DevOps Enforcement Agent2016 - 2019DLabs
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bash, Debian, Linux, AWS, Ansible, Docker
- Reworked the ad serving system to properly use Docker containers. Orchestrated the Docker Swarm for easy scaling. Prepared deployment description using Ansible.
- Helped with the deployment of a redundant cluster serving application in Flask utilizing MongoDB. Prepared the migration for the database. Established a Vagrant environment for future development and maintenance.
- Introduced Jenkins CI in projects using manual development and tests.
- Automated new deployments and helped with the migration of existing ones to employ infrastructure-as-code with Ansible and Vagrant.
- Created and implemented architecture for an ad serving system using Amazon Web Services, Terraform, and Ansible.
DevOps Consultant2018 - 2018BCG
Technologies: Bash, Linux, Jira, GitLab CI/CD, GitLab, DevOps, Jenkins
- Helped establish a DevOps strategy for the digital transformation of one of the largest banks in the region.
- Assessed and recommended various tools and practices to empower developers and reduce the lead time and waste in release processes.
- Developed a continuous testing pipeline in Jenkins.
DevOps Engineer2018 - 2018Ebertech
Technologies: Bash, Linux, AWS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Rancher, Docker, Terraform
- Developed a scalable and compartmentalized AWS environment for Rancher deployment.
- Configured AWS Secret Manager to store sensitive data necessary for deployments.
- Modularized Terraform code so it can be reused for different customers.
- Implemented resource tagging which allowed for one-glance customer billing as opposed to previous usage-based estimation.
- Created a deployment script that enabled the roll out of an entire environment in the desired region with one command.
- Ensured the use of best practices for security, collaboration, scalability, cost-effectiveness, and high availability.
Back-end Developer | DevOps Engineer2017 - 2018Strypes
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bash, Linux, AWS, Sinatra, Ruby, Python
- Improved the internal CLI tool with a better UX.
- Automated the testing of the email templating system.
- Implemented bulk editing features to the internal CLI tool to allow for easier scaling.
Senior C++ R&D Engineer2014 - 2017ADVA Optical Networking
- Developed and maintained a system application (C++) to monitor the performance of networking hardware.
- Improved the build system and continuous integration as well as introduced good practices regarding code organization (CMake).
- Prepared a reproducible run-time environment based on Vagrant.
- Provided tools to automate day-to-day work (Ruby, Sinatra, AngularJS, and Python).
Graphics Software Engineer2011 - 2014Intel Technology Poland
Technologies: Bash, Linux, OpenGL, Python, C++
- Introduced a memory leaks monitor and integrated it with continuous integration tests. It detects stuff in the C++ driver and conducts an analysis and presentation in Python.
- Helped reduce the memory footprint in the OpenGL driver enabling such titles as Minecraft and Rage to become playable.
- Maintained OpenGL graphics driver (C++) as part of a larger team.
Junior C++ Developer2007 - 2011Wolters Kluwer
Technologies: Bash, Debian, Linux, SOAP, XSLT, C++
- Introduced and implemented the concept of continuous integration as well as automated testing within the company.
- Developed and maintained the HTTP-based XML front-end to a proprietary data-base.
- Built and maintained XSLT style sheets for content presentation in a GUI application.
- Created inter-operable web services in C++, C#, and Java using SOAP and XML.