Verified Expert in Engineering
Piotr is the type of guy who likes to make his skills useful, whether it is through coding or organizing cultural events; he is satisfied when he sees others appreciate his work. His ideal projects include those that make a difference in ordinary people's lives by changing them for the better.
Bash, Linux, Zsh, Tmux, Vim Text Editor, Bash Script, Unix
The most amazing...
...automation I've coded cut down the setup time from a few hours to exactly two minutes (including downloading).
- Replaced a deprecated AWS Elastic Beanstalk installation with Terraform and Amazon EKS.
- Improved the developer experience across different teams by introducing standardized and consistent tools.
- Migrated AWS deployment between regions using Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
- Created a CI/CD pipeline for a new project to help with faster deployments to production.
- Automated AWS infrastructure deployments using Terraform, making it easier to deploy new microservices.
- Deployed a developer portal using Spotify Backstage to allow platform self-service.
- Developed new Terraform modules to help with platform growth.
- Built CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions to migrate from Buildkite.
- Helped launch a new product by preparing AWS infrastructure to handle microservices.
Silver Gold Bull
- Helped to streamline the development and deployment processes by documenting the knowledge spread across numerous team members.
- Created automation using Ansible to help with deployment.
- Oversaw the AWS infrastructure and tweaked the resources used to cut costs.
AWS Deployment Expert
- Helped to package a Flask-based application for deployment.
- Tweaked NGINX configuration to properly handle the workload.
- Created a CI/CD pipeline to improve the development process.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Built a HashiCorp Nomad and Consul cluster on an AWS infrastructure.
- Automated infrastructure deployment with Terraform.
- Migrated the workload from an Amazon EKS-based scheduler to Nomad.
MailChimp Campaign Automation Workflow Builder
- Assisted in automating a Webflow application with financial news.
- Built API integration using Zapier and Mailchimp to onboard new customers.
- Created Mailchimp automation for better customer onboarding.
- Migrated deployment from AWS to a local smaller cloud provider.
- Maintained Terraform and Ansible configuration necessary to establish Kubernetes cluster.
- Used MetalLB, HAProxy, and Ansible to handle load balancing.
- Containerized the Django application to allow easier testing and deployment.
- Built Terraform configuration to host the application in GCP.
- Built a CI/CD platform for the application to allow manual and automated deployments and development environments.
- Migrated hand-written shell scripts to Terraform to allow for idempotency.
- Built custom load-balancers to handle external and internal traffic.
- Provided foundation for secure services including end-to-end TLS and Hashicorp Vault.
IOD Cloud Technologies Research
- Wrote technical articles for various blogs dealing with DevOps topics, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, and more.
- Edited other technical writers' articles to get the necessary quality.
- Authored technical articles for various blogs dealing with cloud and architectural topics, mainly AWS.
- Expanded an ebook about Kubernetes for a customer.
DevOps Enforcement Agent
- Reworked the ad serving system to properly use Docker containers. Orchestrated the Docker Swarm for easy scaling. Prepared deployment description using Ansible.
- Helped with the deployment of a redundant cluster serving application in Flask utilizing MongoDB. Prepared the migration for the database. Established a Vagrant environment for future development and maintenance.
- Introduced Jenkins CI in projects using manual development and tests.
- Automated new deployments and helped with the migration of existing ones to employ infrastructure-as-code with Ansible and Vagrant.
- Created and implemented architecture for an ad serving system using Amazon Web Services, Terraform, and Ansible.
- Helped establish a DevOps strategy for the digital transformation of one of the largest banks in the region.
- Assessed and recommended various tools and practices to empower developers and reduce the lead time and waste in release processes.
- Developed a continuous testing pipeline in Jenkins.
- Developed a scalable and compartmentalized AWS environment for Rancher deployment.
- Configured AWS Secret Manager to store sensitive data necessary for deployments.
- Modularized Terraform code so it can be reused for different customers.
- Implemented resource tagging which allowed for one-glance customer billing as opposed to previous usage-based estimation.
- Created a deployment script that enabled the roll out of an entire environment in the desired region with one command.
- Ensured the use of best practices for security, collaboration, scalability, cost-effectiveness, and high availability.
Back-end Developer | DevOps Engineer
- Improved the internal CLI tool with a better UX.
- Automated the testing of the email templating system.
- Implemented bulk editing features to the internal CLI tool to allow for easier scaling.
Senior C++ R&D Engineer
ADVA Optical Networking
- Developed and maintained a system application (C++) to monitor the performance of networking hardware.
- Improved the build system and continuous integration as well as introduced good practices regarding code organization (CMake).
- Prepared a reproducible run-time environment based on Vagrant.
- Provided tools to automate day-to-day work (Ruby, Sinatra, AngularJS, and Python).
Graphics Software Engineer
Intel Technology Poland
- Introduced a memory leaks monitor and integrated it with continuous integration tests. It detects stuff in the C++ driver and conducts an analysis and presentation in Python.
- Helped reduce the memory footprint in the OpenGL driver enabling such titles as Minecraft and Rage to become playable.
- Maintained OpenGL graphics driver (C++) as part of a larger team.
Junior C++ Developer
- Introduced and implemented the concept of continuous integration as well as automated testing within the company.
- Developed and maintained the HTTP-based XML front-end to a proprietary data-base.
- Built and maintained XSLT style sheets for content presentation in a GUI application.
- Created inter-operable web services in C++, C#, and Java using SOAP and XML.
Same sound. New format.
Songcorder was created by people with a passion for vinyl music, just like you. We know firsthand how expensive it can get. This is why we created this program to digitize vinyl records and create a digital archive.
.NET, Swagger, Flux, Qt 5, Electron, Flask, Bootstrap, Google Test, Sinatra, AngularJS, Boost, Django, Cypress
Terraform, Ansible, Git, Vagrant, Notion, KVM/Qemu, Vim Text Editor, GitHub, Bitbucket, Chruby, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose, Zsh, Toggl, CMake, LaTeX, AWS Fargate, Amazon CloudWatch, HashiCorp, Helm, Vault, Conan, Jekyll, CircleCI, GitLab CI/CD, GitLab, Jira, Jenkins, Makefile, Ansible Tower, Docker Hub, NGINX, Make, Subversion (SVN), AutoTools, Systemd, ELK (Elastic Stack), BusyBox, Bundler, Travis CI, CasperJS, Virtualenv, wxPython, Tmux, Wireshark, Expect, NPM, GDB, cURL Command Line Tool, Zapier, Mailchimp, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS CLI, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Mercurial, Perforce, Codeship, uWSGI, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Ghost, Packer, AWS CodeDeploy, Visual Studio App Center, Amazon EKS, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS CloudFormation, MQTT, AWS Key Management Service (KMS), Keycloak, Puppet, Chef, Kibana, Logstash, VPN
Continuous Integration (CI), DevOps, Hosting, Web Architecture, Continuous Delivery (CD), Serverless Architecture, Microservices Architecture, Unit Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, REST, Microservices, DevSecOps
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Unix, Debian, Embedded Linux, Docker, Amazon EC2, Netlify, AWS Lambda, Kernel, Kubernetes, Raspbian, Raspberry Pi, Mailgun, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), ARM Linux, Rancher, Arduino, Blogger, Magento, Buildkite, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Webflow, Azure
JSON, Docker Cloud, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Databases, Datadog, Google Cloud, SQLite, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, OVH
GNU, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Cloud Infrastructure, Software Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines, Automation Scripting, Technical Documentation, Containers, Infrastructure, Integration, Technical Architecture, APIs, Compilers, Computer Science, Unix Shell Scripting, Homebrew, SSH, PIP, TCP/IP, DNS, Blogging, Technical Hiring, Technical Writing, Regular Expressions, GitHub Actions, Networking, IP Routing, Monitoring, Documentation, Amazon RDS, HTTP, Configuration Management, IT Systems Engineering, Network Administration, Sandbox to Production, Hardware, ECS, Private Clouds, SOAP, Google Drive, Prometheus, NixOS, Mailchimp API, Paid Memberships Pro (PMPro), Architecture, Screen Scraping, Writing & Editing, HAProxy, ZFS, NFS, RSync, XMPP, UPnP, DHCP, Embedded Systems, LLVM, Doxygen, Consul, AWS Auto Scaling, GitFlow, Amazon Kinesis, Email, Embedded Software, ARM, AWS Certificate Manager, Web Scraping, Scraping, Data Scraping, Server Infrastructure, AWS DevOps, Gunicorn, IT Consulting, Multicast DNS (mDNS), Cloud Architecture, Nomad, Discord, Discord Bots, ESP32, ESP8266, Telnet Protocol, API Integration, Airtable, Load Balancers, IoT Protocols, Internet of Things (IoT), Dashboard Development, Data Visualization, GitOps, SIEM, Cloudflare, PKI, SVG, Handwriting Recognition, LoRa, Time Series, Argo CD
POSIX, Amazon API, OpenGL, PhantomJS, REST APIs, jQuery, Node.js, PyGTK, Libxml2, Dropbox API, Requests, Flask-RESTful, Sockets, Terragrunt, Stripe, Stripe API
Master's Degree in Information Technology
Gdańsk University of Technology - Gdańsk, Poland