DevOps Engineer2018 - PRESENTThe Boston Consulting Group
- Set up a continuous testing pipeline with Jenkins.
Technical Writer2016 - PRESENTIOD
Technologies: Markdown, Google Drive, Toggl
- Wrote technical articles for various blogs dealing with DevOps topics (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, and more).
- Edited other technical writers' articles.
- Authored technical articles for various blogs dealing with cloud and architectural topics (mainly AWS).
- Expanded an eBook about Kubernetes for a customer.
DevOps Enforcement Agent2016 - PRESENTDLabs
Technologies: Docker, Ansible
- Reworked the ad serving system to properly use Docker containers. Orchestrated the Docker Swarm for easy scaling. Prepared deployment description using Ansible.
- Helped with the deployment of a redundant cluster serving application in Flask utilizing MongoDB. Prepared the migration for the database. Established a Vagrant environment for future development and maintenance.
- Introduced Jenkins CI in projects using manual development and tests.
- Automated new deployments and helped with migration of existing ones to employ infrastructure-as-code with Ansible and Vagrant.
- Created and implemented architecture for ad serving system using Amazon Web Services, Terraform, and Ansible.
DevOps Engineer2018 - 2018Ebertech
Technologies: Terraform, Docker, Rancher, AWS
- Developed a scalable and compartmentalized AWS environment for Rancher deployment.
- Configured AWS Secret Manager to store sensitive data necessary for deployments.
- Modularized Terraform code so it can be reused for different customers.
- Implemented resource tagging which allowed for one-glance customer billing as opposed to previous usage-based estimation.
- Created deployment script allowing to roll out an entire environment in the desired region with one command.
- Ensured the use of best practices for security, collaboration, scalability, cost-effectiveness, and high availability.
Back-end Developer | DevOps Engineer2017 - 2018Strypes
Technologies: Python, Click, Ruby, Sinatra
- Improved the internal CLI tool with a better UX.
- Automated the testing of the email templating system.
- Implemented bulk editing features to the internal CLI tool to allow for easier scaling.
Senior C++ R&D Engineer2014 - 2017ADVA Optical Networking
- Developed and maintained a system application (C++) to monitor the performance of networking hardware.
- Improved the build system and continuous integration as well as introduced good practices regarding code organization (CMake).
- Prepared a reproducible run-time environment based on Vagrant.
- Provided tools to automate day-to-day work (Ruby, Sinatra, AngularJS, and Python).
Graphics Software Engineer2011 - 2014Intel Technology Poland
Technologies: C++, Python, OpenGL
- Introduced a memory leaks monitor and integrated it with continuous integration tests. It detects stuff in the C++ driver and conducts an analysis and presentation in Python.
- Helped reduce the memory footprint in the OpenGL driver enabling such titles as Minecraft and Rage to become playable.
- Maintained OpenGL graphics driver (C++) as part of a larger team.
Junior C++ Developer2007 - 2011Wolters Kluwer
Technologies: C++, XSLT, SOAP
- Introduced and implemented the concept of continuous integration as well as automated testing within the company.
- Developed and maintained the HTTP-based XML front-end to a proprietary data-base.
- Built and maintained XSLT style sheets for content presentation in a GUI application.
- Created inter-operable web services in C++, C#, and Java using SOAP and XML.